Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Anti cheat/bot

Will there be precaution's to cheating, exploiting, botting?
If so, in what ways will this be implemented

Comments

• I think they dont need anti cheat ... The GMs shoud be IP bann this account by cheating ... 
  • They are going with a multi-tiered approach of internal controls, active GMs and reporting, and third-party vendors like Panopticon.
  • Just no rootkits please.
  • Heiler said:
    I think they dont need anti cheat ... The GMs shoud be IP bann this account by cheating ... 
    IPs dont matter anymore. I can get a new IP address anytime i want. 
  • They are going with a multi-tiered approach of internal controls, active GMs and reporting, and third-party vendors like Panopticon.
    We all know active gms is only the first half year..

panoptikon?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    They have talked about this issue since the beginning of the games development. Unlike other games that went "uh-oh, we have a problem, lets react" they have built the game from the ground up with these issues in mind. Nodes tracking every single activity that occurs gives them a record of transactions, where other games had to generate logs and reporting after they had already been coded and were up and running. If you truly feel that 6 months down the line they are going to say "fuck it, we give up, no more GMs in game." then there is little that is going to persuade you otherwise. 

https://www.panopticonlabs.com/
    Panopticon Laboratories’ is a publisher’s best defense against the cyber crime epidemic affecting the video game industry. Our suite of products uniquely identifies a baseline of normal activity for every online player within a game. By doing so, we help video game publishers proactively discover anomalous in-game behavior, such as an abnormal item or monetary transfer or withdrawal; or suspicious or erratic gameplay – with 99% accuracy.

Watchtower is Panopticon Laboratories’ premier in-game security product, using proprietary anomaly detection and behavioral analytics to provide online video game publishers with a 360-degree overview of player behavior over time. The SaaS-based product’s real-time, actionable alerts and research tools allow analysts to make quick and informed decisions that stop malicious in-game behavior before damages can occur. Its powerful machine learning system enables the engine to grow smarter and more powerful over time.

Watchtower Research Edition is for online video game publishers who want to understand the size and scope of fraudulent and malicious behavior occurring inside their games. Using the same analytics engine that powers Watchtower, Research models 90 days of historic activity and visually expresses suspicious behavior. Research tools can then be used to quickly and easily uncover cheaters, hackers, organized bot and player networks, gold farming rings, account takeover schemes, and other undesirable activities.

At the core of Watchtower is our proprietary risk management analysis engine, which focuses on gameplay itself, taking advantage of vast amounts of business intelligence locked in player actions and behaviors. It mathematically models normal player behavior and identifies suspicious activity such as account hacking, farming, botting, and gray market sales of virtual items and currency. Powered by this engine, Watchtower helps video game publishers find and eliminate in-game threats and bad actors before its too late.

• I only hope that they will be constant active ingame :) but recent experiences profed differently , but ur correct, ashes isnt just the regular mmo weve seen , as least its what is being sold to us, lets pray and hope it becomes reality  :)
  • Its powerful machine learning system enables the engine to grow smarter and more powerful over time.

So how long before we bow before our new computer overlords?

But seriously interesting read gives me some faith that the botting and other nefarious activities might be kept a lid on.

• If someone is found cheating or botting, they should be given the highest corruption level possible and let the community loot them.  Also, upon being killed, that IP is blacklisted, the person who gets the killing blow gets a Gold Star* and the killer gets 50% of the items on the cheater/botter with RNG.

Of course this would never happen, but oh my god would it be satisfying!
  • Handling bots will be extremely easy as they won't be participating in dungeons or PVP content, so they are singled out to the production/crafting portion of the game. When we see them mining, fishing, cutting whatever it may be, if they look suspicious, (stay in one position for long periods of time, move back and forth as a robot) I would suggest you talk to them to gauge this. If anyone is concerned about this, they should at least be willing to take a minute to chat to someone. Then, if you've proven it to yourself, report them. From there, hopefully the GM's will be around and will secretly/invisibly inspect the player,maybe they're able to see when they've logged on and if they've chatted even once during their play time or what they've spent their time doing.. etc. 

I don't think bots will be present until at least a few months... but, if they do come, we can spot em.