Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Server Queue's

Will there be server Queue's, or how will a massive ammount of players be handled on the servers
Is there a certain player limit per server?

Sorry if these questions have been askes before, i couldnt find it in this thread 

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    10k concurrent players on a server. You can bet there will be queues around release dates. There is no plan on instancing beyond some possible siege area mechanics and some dungeons (not all) and raids.

• Options
    10k on a server is going to lag superhard no??
    hope they make enough servers to prevent queues..
  • Options
    10k on a server is going to lag superhard no??
    hope they make enough servers to prevent queues..
    if 10k is unstable they can always turn it down to a point where it run's smooth :smile: one of the good things about alphas/betas is that they can make those changes prior to live launch.

• Options
    Yep, the alpha 1 count that is known just from KS numbers is around 5k. Once they are confident with that phase and Alpha 2 opens up, that is when we will really see what a single server will look like at full pop. We may see them actually open up a second test server during Beta 1 and 2 depending on how many access packages they decide to sell between now and the timeline opening.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    In an interview at pax, steven did mention the concurrent pop being 8k I just remembered that one. so it's not set in stone either yet 
  • Options
    I think they feel very confident about their servers. Someone during the charity stream asked if the purpose of Alpha 0 was to "load test" the servers and Steven shot back that "The servers are fine, we aren't worried about load, it is to get feedback on mechanics." Don't remember the timestamp, from my recollection was around 4 hours in, but then again I did pop back in and out over the course of the day. He was quite vocal and answering questions early on, but as he got more visibly tired it was just him trying to make it to the end.
  • Options
    I think they feel very confident about their servers. Someone during the charity stream asked if the purpose of Alpha 0 was to "load test" the servers and Steven shot back that "The servers are fine, we aren't worried about load, it is to get feedback on mechanics." Don't remember the timestamp, from my recollection was around 4 hours in, but then again I did pop back in and out over the course of the day. He was quite vocal and answering questions early on, but as he got more visibly tired it was just him trying to make it to the end.
    I didn't see that part, but im sure someone somewhere is working on a transcript :joy:

• Options
    Shunex said:
    I didn't see that part, but im sure someone somewhere is working on a transcript :joy:

Well shunex u know what to ask steven next stream then :p imagine lagfree pvp for first time in ages  :o:o:o:o:o
  • Options
    Shunex said:

Well shunex u know what to ask steven next stream then :p imagine lagfree pvp for first time in ages  :o:o:o:o:o

I'm from Australia this lag free creature is just a myth, stop telling lies! :p