Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Confirmation of Alpha / Beta Phase wipes prior to Launch

Can you confirm once again that there will be multiple wipes during the testing phases? We have people arguing that people with access to the earlier alphas/betas make it p2win because they will have been in game longer. Since our waiting population has increased greatly, can you calm the masses please.

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Can you confirm once again that there will be multiple wipes during the testing phases? We have people arguing that people with access to the earlier alphas/betas make it p2win because they will have been in game longer. Since our waiting population has increased greatly, can you calm the masses please.
    Everyone should have access to the betas and alphas in my opinion so we all can start from the same unfiltered ground in terms of pre-release knowledge about the game but unfortunately, games these days don't really offer that capability due to meeting financial criteria's (and what not) which is completely comprehensible and so to my conclusion, it is understandable why certain people would think that of what you've mentioned. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Alpha and Beta Phase progress, progression, leveling etc are not carrying over into Production / Launch.

• In further point of clarity, one thing to touch base on is phase wipe between phases such as Alpha 2 over to Beta 1. Keep in mind that Alpha and Beta are both testing phases which is vastly different from something like a Steam "Early Release". You are likely to see things such as push button leveling to test mechanics or run World boss raids. Insta skill access, crafting auto leveling, things of this nature. Now a point of clarity here, this is not an official Intrepid position, just my individual two cents if you will.
    Now for those who are thinking that Alpha and Beta is a time for World First kills etc, I think you are likely not going to see such linear progressions. I also assume that (speculation) there will be no carry over progress of toons from Alpha 1 to Alpha 2 so on and so forth.
  • To tackle the "People that got access earlier will have more knowledge!" argument.

The game will most likely change drastically during alpha and beta stages. For knowledge, closed betas are what people should aim for and those are usually "wide open" in terms of how many people can access it.

Something I don't find logical are headstart servers and launch servers for the rest. Normal players don't want to play on headstart servers due to the "advantage, play2win!" while headstart players will have to give up on their privilege to play on normal servers with their guildies. That is nonsense, in my opinion.