Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Offical Livestream Novemeber 17th Q&A thread

Comments

• How in depth the A.I. is in the game you've mentioned establishing a barracks before so that means can a leader of a node command an army of A.I. soldiers?
  • How does Intrepid plan to make less popular artisan classes (e.g. cooking) more relevant in comparison to more popular ones (such as smithing) ?
  • Will PC and in-game organizations have an option to be present within a tavern? (Example: Tavern owner and member of the thieves guild have a back room or cellar within the tavern that is members only for shady dealings and possible quests from the thieves guild.)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017

I am changing my one question to the following:

What ship types will be in the game, and what type of weapons will they use?

edited November 2017
    Compared to the other MMOs out on the marketplace what will the dye system be like?

edited November 2017
    -Will some classes (NOT archetypes) could get REALLY specific / unique bonuses from stats and equipment - like monk class get additional AC bonus from wisdom + different deffencive and other bonuses from wearing robe(inherent only to him)?
  • Originally, I was intrigued to learn about the crafting in this game. It seemed like one of the first mmo's that rewarded those like myself who want to dive into the life of a merchant, rather than being forced to level via fighting.
    The more I learn however, (maybe I am misunderstanding) the more I am concerned that professions will be as unimportant as those in other titles.

Will raid gear/high end gear only be made by crafters, or will farmable content make merchants/crafters useless due to the wares they produce not being as viable?

I hope that makes sense. I was originally thinking from dev talks in earlier stages, that crafters would be given a vast amount of power that other mmo's failed to deliver.
    Regardless, thank you for your hard work and I will be excited to play asap <3
  • Reminder guys, please, only one question per person. Additional questions will likely not get answered. 
  • Hi, I would like to know about CRAFTING!!!!
    give us something? a small list? and will you include Stone cutting and masonry? with masonry being able to melt sand for glasses and vials and such things for alchemy?
  • Eragale said:
    Can Players interact with environment to dig Holes to hide small amounts of Loot ? ( Depending it's size )

(EDIT: Not using Shovels)

I ask this because it'll really make Open World PvP interesting ; Any Player would be able to interact/ obtain these ... ❝cubby-holes❞ if they know where it's at

(will be hard to see close-up & far away) 

On the bright-side, the Player who made the burial could always come back for it and reclaim their loot
    No digging mechanics :/ Steven said that it would be too complicated and they have a specific place they are taking the game 
  • Since some people will have dragons to fly with and engage in combat with them. Will guilds that own those dragons have options to customise it, maybe make a group saddle on it which allows ranged classes to shoot from it while flying?

Or other customisation option for armour? Whats in your fantasy on them besides that you can fly them and use abilities?
    edited November 2017
    Будут ли интернациональные сервера, если да, то сколько они будут вмещать народу? Будет ли Русский перевод игры?С какой системой оплаты будет распространяться игра?
    Заранее спасибо за ответы на вопросы))

translation for convenience

Will international servers, and if so, how many people they will accommodate? Will there be a Russian translation of the game?What system of payment will be subject to the game? Thanks in advance for your answers))
  • Please be aware the stream date and time has been changed to Friday the 17th at 3 pm pacific
  • GAH!!! I had my week scheduled and everything. Grr...
  • How many summons will a summoner be able to keep summoned at once ? 
  • hi   i' m turning 21 this Sunday I need to ask about guilds about is possible to form one from level 1 or do we have to wait for a certain node level

• When do you expect to release the character creation suite for people to play with and/or test for their future character possibilities? (If it's released in Alpha as part of testing, sounds reasonable to not keep saved creations.)
  • How will mounts be handled? As item, spell or companion?

For reference: ArcheAge has items, Riders of Icarus has spells, BDO has companions.
  • Will stealth be something implemented in the game at all?
    edited November 2017
    Will you be able to share mounts with someone in your party, guild, friends list, etc? Say a friend just starts playing the game with you and doesn't have a mount yet. Will he be able to get on the back of mine with me or would I be able to summon a second mount just for him to ride (temporarily) so I don't have to go slow helping them out. Or would you guys do something like making only certain mounts able to be used as two seaters? I know you guys mentioned group mounts like the big elephant in the backer rewards but I mean smaller scale.
  • How will the corruption penalties work? can you delevel from xp loss, could you simply remove your gear and get a friend to help you dump corruption and avoid gear penalties?
  • Will there be set instances (yes instances not open world) in which raid and dungeon progression will occur, and will these raids actually incorporate competitiveness in terms of taking months to clear?
  • So elements have been mentioned several times especially in relation to the mage's kit.  For my question are there specific elemental damage types such as fire/ice or even slashing/piercing and if so certain creatures that are for example more resistant to fire?
  • The way the archetypes work has me thinking that roles will be less important, with a larger focus on class diversity based on player choice. Are you guys looking at grouping as something more organic and less stringent on class roles (i.e. tank, healer, dps). 
    edited November 2017
    Будут ли интернациональные сервера, если да, то сколько они будут вмещать народу? Будет ли Русский перевод игры?С какой системой оплаты будет распространяться игра?
    Заранее спасибо за ответы на вопросы))

translation for convenience

Will international servers, and if so, how many people they will accommodate? Will there be a Russian translation of the game?What system of payment will be subject to the game? Thanks in advance for your answers))
    No translation as far as now.

Russians will join the EU servers, but you can choose where to play. If you meant if there will be region servers like france, russian, spanish servers the answer is no.

Payment is subbased, probbaly creditcard /  packages you can buy if you dont have a credit card with paypal or ideal, something like that.
  • Will stealth be something implemented in the game at all?
    Yes but not permanent stealth.
  • fkaOak said:
    So elements have been mentioned several times especially in relation to the mage's kit.  For my question are there specific elemental damage types such as fire/ice or even slashing/piercing and if so certain creatures that are for example more resistant to fire?
    Well they said "maybe" during the summer or the winter it will affect spells.
  • Will there be an account wide /played counter (So you can see maybe ingame, maybe in your account on the web how much time you spent in ashes) that starts with Alpha0?
    edited November 2017
    Will there be any tools or systems to provide performance feedback for players looking to min/max their characters, or for group leaders looking to diagnose a wipe?
  • Are we living in a simulation?
This discussion has been closed.