Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Some questions

Hey,

I just found Ashes of Creation a few minutes ago when i searched for MMORPGs that i could like. I have soem questions and i hope someone can answer them, 99% of all MMORPGs out there fail that I even test them somehow i have very high requirements for an MMORPG.
What i heared of Ashes of Creation sounds very awesome that you could realy dive into the game and lose track of time. I can't even remember when a game did this to me the last time.

How will this game work in terms of grinding, questing and leveling? I hate it that other games force you to run through quest chains only that you come to the next quest chain and so you grind your way to the next level, which doesnt feel like you actualy live in the world you are just there to grind.
In terms of "living in the world" will there be some kind of social interaction with other players? n most games you see another player and think things like "he will steal my mob/loot/xyz" or you just ignore players completly. So will the be a focus in social interaction with other players like going into a tavern and talk with the players on your table or the whole tavern?
Such options are in other games too but they are optional because theres normaly no reason to go into a tavern becasue you character never gets exhausted or something like this.

And then to the point where most of the MMORPGs fail for me: the combat system. Will it be the classic tab system like in WoW or an active one like in BDO which i realy enjoyed. It feels like you have more control over your character then just point and click on an enemy.

So i apologize for so many questions and probably they got asked before, but I was allways looking for a nearly perfect game for me.

Best regards

Kovorix

Comments

• Options
    hey mate! :) for the best the enlightenment go to https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/announcements
    There you will find most of your answers i hope at least so :p

• Options
    A better resource is to go to aocwiki.net. It is a compilation of all information released so far and is kept up to date at the time of this post. There are well over 30 hours of livestreams and interviews to go through videowise to help you fill in any information or questions you might have.
  • Options
    I would recomend to watch streams on twitch and read blogs.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    @Seratox Here is the Ashes wiki, It lists most if not all information to date. http://aocwiki.net/Main_Page

As for your questions:"How will this game work in terms of grinding, questing and leveling" Mix of Both you can quest to gain exp, grind mobs as well like every other MMO Think classic wow you have to really read the quests it wont be look on map instantly go there and you complete quests you will have to read and really figure out what is needed, but other systems like religion also give you different augments to abilities so It wont be just a grind for exp kind of game. We know little about the Augmentations as of yet though. 

Question 2: 
     So will the be a focus in social interaction with other players like going into a tavern and talk with the players on your table or the whole tavern?

This is a good read to really understand the Tavern system. https://www.ashesofcreation.com/the-mighty-beard/ The Tavern system will have voice chat, since the game wont hand hold you, Taverns will be almost a hub where people can post quests, do Tavern games, relay True or False information about the work (possibly setting up ganks for adventures) They also will hold Strategic Map rooms that could be valuable in Node Siege. 

Question 3:: the combat system. Will it be the classic tab system like in WoW or an active one like in BDO which i really enjoyed. It feels like you have more control over your character then just point and click on an enemy.

The combat system is still in development, They said it will be a mix of tab targeting and of active control. So we will have to wait and see as it gets flushed out more. I don't expect it to be fully like BDO because if tab targeting is a feature that's nearly guaranteed it will make it hard for active combat to be as effective. But this will be sorted as we get more Info in this. 

Don't feel bad for asking questions that might have been asked before we have a really good community here for ashes and we like to help out new people who are just discovering the game. 

• Options
    Kovorix said:
    Hey,

I just found Ashes of Creation a few minutes ago when i searched for MMORPGs that i could like. I have soem questions and i hope someone can answer them, 99% of all MMORPGs out there fail that I even test them somehow i have very high requirements for an MMORPG.
    What i heared of Ashes of Creation sounds very awesome that you could realy dive into the game and lose track of time. I can't even remember when a game did this to me the last time.

How will this game work in terms of grinding, questing and leveling? I hate it that other games force you to run through quest chains only that you come to the next quest chain and so you grind your way to the next level, which doesnt feel like you actualy live in the world you are just there to grind.
    In terms of "living in the world" will there be some kind of social interaction with other players? n most games you see another player and think things like "he will steal my mob/loot/xyz" or you just ignore players completly. So will the be a focus in social interaction with other players like going into a tavern and talk with the players on your table or the whole tavern?
    Such options are in other games too but they are optional because theres normaly no reason to go into a tavern becasue you character never gets exhausted or something like this.

And then to the point where most of the MMORPGs fail for me: the combat system. Will it be the classic tab system like in WoW or an active one like in BDO which i realy enjoyed. It feels like you have more control over your character then just point and click on an enemy.

So i apologize for so many questions and probably they got asked before, but I was allways looking for a nearly perfect game for me.

Best regards

Kovorix
    AoC youtube channel have a ton of videos that are very entertaining and answear litteraly all of your questions. You will not be dissapointed.

Also, check out Deathsproxy (Main source of info for many, short videos, direct answears) and maybe Ashes stream on twitch for more details.