Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

From questing to raids, what's the rush?

I played with a few groups on different games, and when you have people that have played a quest a few times, and or a Raid, you get a run through with this group.

Now that's ok if your just building up your levels, but if you never been in the area, you would love to take your time, but you can't. Why cause the main body of the group has rushed off to finish the quest or raid. You don't have the time to even loot the bodies at times.

So.............

In AoC how can this type of rush grind be kept at a very low level among the paly base?

I know I for one would like to take my time, and get everything I can from the quest and raids. All the loot drops, all the leather to be skinned, just whatever there needs to be taken while doing the job.

I hate the rushing with groups, so how can this be fixed in AoC before we get started?

Comments

• Just play with some people that want the same thing as you :) and you will be able to take your times
  • Nazbin said:
    Just play with some people that want the same thing as you :) and you will be able to take your times

Well here is the rub. If your friends are all offline at the time, and you want to go out questing or on a raid. What are you left with?

You go looking for groups that will being doing the above, but you have no control over the rate of speed they do the questing. True I could wait on my friends, but sometimes you just want to play the game. I just feel everyone needs to slow it down a bit, you miss a lot when you rush.

• I agree with everything you said but I don't know the solution.
  • There isn't really an easy solution to that problem.Some people just don't care about lore/story and just want to hit max level/end game as quickly as possible. They are going to rush, skip cutscenes, and do whatever they can to get to the end as fast as possible.

No matter the system in place you will have these types. It's a risk you take when you pug, unless you specify what you are wanting to do ahead of time.

I like to take my time on the first play through, but if I'm working through on my second or third alt, I'm more inclined to speed things up more than what a new player in that level range would probably want to.

Every solution has a negative outcome to it. Current systems allow people to just go on without you like you mentioned. You could make things harder, so that a group needs every player to move on, however, that would just lead to kicks from group for "slowing the group down."

The only real option is to play with others who want those same goals, either friends, or forming a group in LFG that wants those things too. 
  • sunfrog said:
    I agree with everything you said but I don't know the solution.

Yep, this is a hard nut to crack. It's been an issue with every game I played to date.
  • This in a way is the product of group finders and true gear grinds grab a bunch of random's who want to rush through the dungeon to possibly get that piece of gear, they have run the same dungeon 103 times before and not yet had it drop. This is what mmo's have trained people to do get in get out grab a group of people that mean nothing to you but just chase that gear in the most efficient way possible, and sadly many people just accept it.

I never have the above problem I always do the content I want and at my own leaser, search, explore and take all the loot that drops for me. How do you ask that I can achieve such a goal, well I am in this thing called a guild, and this guild is full of other people, people who for the most part play around the same time of day as I do. So guess what these people like to do when they are online, you guessed it group up and go do content together.

Please don't take that the wrong way I was being a little sarcastic :) but I really cant stress enough just how important a guild can be and I think with ashes it will be even more so. Honestly if the people you group with are not online then just go do something solo be patient wait until the people you know will take their time through content are online. I gave up pugging many long years ago for exactly the reason you stated, I hate rushing through dungeons leaving loot behind and a good guild solves all those problems.

Now it is not easy to find a guild that is the right fit for you, it may take a few attempts to find that group of people that you click with but when you do, let the fun begin. It takes effort to become part of a guild getting on voice comms, putting your hand up to help people, just be active and you should find people will give you a chance, its not easy but boy is it worth it.

I know that may sound like a bit of a rant but my experience has been that MMO's are fare more enjoyable and I will play them for far longer if I am part of a good guild. 
  • Varkun said:
    This in a way is the product of group finders and true gear grinds grab a bunch of random's who want to rush through the dungeon to possibly get that piece of gear, they have run the same dungeon 103 times before and not yet had it drop. This is what mmo's have trained people to do get in get out grab a group of people that mean nothing to you but just chase that gear in the most efficient way possible, and sadly many people just accept it.

I never have the above problem I always do the content I want and at my own leaser, search, explore and take all the loot that drops for me. How do you ask that I can achieve such a goal, well I am in this thing called a guild, and this guild is full of other people, people who for the most part play around the same time of day as I do. So guess what these people like to do when they are online, you guessed it group up and go do content together.

Please don't take that the wrong way I was being a little sarcastic :) but I really cant stress enough just how important a guild can be and I think with ashes it will be even more so. Honestly if the people you group with are not online then just go do something solo be patient wait until the people you know will take their time through content are online. I gave up pugging many long years ago for exactly the reason you stated, I hate rushing through dungeons leaving loot behind and a good guild solves all those problems.

Now it is not easy to find a guild that is the right fit for you, it may take a few attempts to find that group of people that you click with but when you do, let the fun begin. It takes effort to become part of a guild getting on voice comms, putting your hand up to help people, just be active and you should find people will give you a chance, its not easy but boy is it worth it.

I know that may sound like a bit of a rant but my experience has been that MMO's are fare more enjoyable and I will play them for far longer if I am part of a good guild. 
    Yes, I agree, you need a good guild to help with this type of issue. Finding a guild like this isn't always that easy. But I do agree with your point.
  • @Granthor I 100% agree with you it is not easy to do, its actually quite hard to find just the right fit, but it is so worth it when you do. Honestly it is the only way I have found to deal with the rush, rush, rush mentality, why I no longer pug and just bide my time til my guild's are ready to go do the content. I have taught myself to be very patient. 
  • Varkun said:
    @Granthor I 100% agree with you it is not easy to do, its actually quite hard to find just the right fit, but it is so worth it when you do. Honestly it is the only way I have found to deal with the rush, rush, rush mentality, why I no longer pug and just bide my time til my guild's are ready to go do the content. I have taught myself to be very patient. 

Well until I buy a new computer, my time is limited, so I can't wait around looking for guilds. lol Why? kids plan and simple kids. When you have them they change your world. lol
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Please don't take that the wrong way I was being a little sarcastic but I really cant stress enough just how important a guild can be and I think with ashes it will be even more so. Honestly if the people you group with are not online then just go do something solo be patient wait until the people you know will take their time through content are online.

Exactly what I do. I abhor pugs, and will only accept to do easy content with half pug half friend/guild at worst. For harder content where we will likely fail lots anyway, I prefer 100% friend or guild.

It's more that if we fail, there is camaraderie with friends, so it's not a negative experience. With a pug, I don't share any bond with them, and it's solely negative if we fail, and barely positive if we succeed.

And I don't mind doing lots of solo content (questing, gathering, crafting) while I'm not doing group content with guild or friends. I might not mind joining a random group of gatherers from my node, if we happen to do the same thing, or joining a monster coin event, but for dungeons and raids, no pugs.

I'm the analyst type who specializes in crafting anyways. So it's not like I'm sacrificing all my online time being bored to death, I enjoy the crafting and finding info about it.
  • Varkun said:
    @Granthor I 100% agree with you it is not easy to do, its actually quite hard to find just the right fit, but it is so worth it when you do. Honestly it is the only way I have found to deal with the rush, rush, rush mentality, why I no longer pug and just bide my time til my guild's are ready to go do the content. I have taught myself to be very patient. 
    This is my intention. I will have a pretty laidback guild that participates in all aspects of the content but not in any rush. I want to surround myself with people who are the best people, not necessarily the best hardcore players.

@Granthor I don't think you need to worry about finding a guild now, more than 2 years from release. As we get closer and betas are released and the hype train starts gathering steam, more guilds will pop up. 

It might even take a purely organic experience in-game to find a guild of people that suit you. 

Just to say again, just like with the content itself, there is no rush in finding a guild. 95% of the people who will play Ashes are not on these forums or discord at the moment and many probably haven't even heard of the game.
  • there is no lfg auto grouping in Ashes so that alone will solve 50% of this problem the other 50% could be solved with content challenging enough to not allow people to just bum rush it. 
  • Darthaden said:
    there is no lfg auto grouping in Ashes so that alone will solve 50% of this problem the other 50% could be solved with content challenging enough to not allow people to just bum rush it. 
    I don't think challenge or difficulty really plays a part. The issue is just taking time to smell the roses, to look in those crannies in the dungeons and experience the "place" not just the "content".

Once players have done a dungeon a number of times, there will always be those that have zero patience for anyone who is not 100% focused on pushing through the content as quickly as possible, no matter how challenging.

You finish a tough fight and notice that there are weird runes scrawled on the wall of the chamber. You think "ooh, that looks cool, I'll investigate that". But then "Oi, Bajjer, stop pissing around at that wall, we have the next fight and we've already been in here 22 minutes. No time for lollygagging!

I plan on lollygagging... a lot. And I won't be waiting until the dungeon is finished and everyone leaves so I can go back through an empty area and have a chance to actually look around.

So increasing difficulty will not solve the problem. Even adding in interesting tangents, nooks and crannies and content that is hidden, will not solve the issue. The only thing that will solve it for an individual is playing with the right people.
  • Bajjer said:
    Darthaden said:
    there is no lfg auto grouping in Ashes so that alone will solve 50% of this problem the other 50% could be solved with content challenging enough to not allow people to just bum rush it. 

So increasing difficulty will not solve the problem. Even adding in interesting tangents, nooks and crannies and content that is hidden, will not solve the issue. The only thing that will solve it for an individual is playing with the right people.
    This is the key to it, finding the right people and it is not easy to do and with limited play time as @Granthor has said it is all that much the harder. Ashes is a long way from finished and as @Bajjer has said we are but a very small fraction of the people who will come to follow AOC and as release gets closer there will be a frenzy of guild formation and recruitment before launch. So there will be time to try and find a guild that seems like a good fit.