Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

After what happened to Gazillion, will some of those DEVs popup here?

I feel bad for the DEVs from the game Marvel Heroes Omega, I believe they got a very raw deal. But they had good talent over there , and I was wonder if Intrepid Studios contacted any of them to come work on AoC. Seeing how they are unemployed at the moment. IMO they can only bring good to this game, and they did work with the Unreal engine too.

Comments

• Marvel Heroes Omega looks crap af
  • Doesn't mater what it looked like, they still used the same Unreal engine, and besides, they had to do the artwork based on what the owner of the company wanted. IMO someone should reach out to a few of those out of work guys, and sign them up to work on AoC.

• It’s possible.  As someone who was a part of that community, a lot of their issues stemmed from decisions at the executive level rather than developmental. That’s not to say there were not issues, but no game is perfect. 

Whether they could handle this this type of project is another story though. A lot more moving parts in an mmorpg compared to an arpg. 
  • Volias said:
    It’s possible.  As someone who was a part of that community, a lot of their issues stemmed from decisions at the executive level rather than developmental. That’s not to say there were not issues, but no game is perfect. 

Whether they could handle this this type of project is another story though. A lot more moving parts in an mmorpg compared to an arpg. 

True, but I still think a few of them are worth look. There might be a few diamonds you can save from that mess over there.
  • Not going to disagree. Before things started to decline, a lot of us who were around since beta got to talk to the older devs quite a bit. Definitely hate that some of them have to land on their feet again. It’s never enjoyable doing things because the boss wants you to even if you don’t agree. 
  • Volias said:
    Not going to disagree. Before things started to decline, a lot of us who were around since beta got to talk to the older devs quite a bit. Definitely hate that some of them have to land on their feet again. It’s never enjoyable doing things because the boss wants you to even if you don’t agree. 

And again this is what happens when you don't listen to what the people want. Money about the money, and less about the quality of play. But like you said I hate the fact they being the DEV team had the rug pulled out from under them. And it's why I hope Intrepid gives a few of them a chance. At least interview a few, see what they are about.
  • Ok I am going to ask that someone from Intrepid reach out to Anthony Gallegos. He looks to be a great guy to add for a gaming company.
  • Ehhh... Do they have the same vision that IS has?would they compliment the team? Do they support content free of pay to win?

Considering the game was "free" to play with micro-transactions, I'm going to vote no on that gamble.
  • Karthos said:
    Ehhh... Do they have the same vision that IS has?would they compliment the team? Do they support content free of pay to win?

Considering the game was "free" to play with micro-transactions, I'm going to vote no on that gamble.

You have to remember, those DEVs had to follow what the BOSS wanted to do. So even if they said BOSS lets do this or that different. But the BOSS said NO we will Do as I said. GET BACK TO WORK! So why would you blame someone who has to follow what the company is telling them to do?

I say if they are good game DEVs, don't waste the talent.