Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Rare drops......what do you want to see?

2»

Comments

• Granthor said:
    Brir said:
    As some others mentioned, the drops should fit to the enemy you kill. So if there is some humanoid mage end boss in a raid, you should have a chance to get his staff or his talisman.
    But if you slay some wild beast, you should instead get its hide, scales, claws, fangs,... that could be used by a skilled crafter to get some epic gear.
    Oh oh oh and the meat of the beast, we could have dragon steaks. yummmmm
    That actually made me hungry.
  • Elder said:
    Granthor said:
    Brir said:
    As some others mentioned, the drops should fit to the enemy you kill. So if there is some humanoid mage end boss in a raid, you should have a chance to get his staff or his talisman.
    But if you slay some wild beast, you should instead get its hide, scales, claws, fangs,... that could be used by a skilled crafter to get some epic gear.
    Oh oh oh and the meat of the beast, we could have dragon steaks. yummmmm
    That actually made me hungry.

I hope we can get meat to cook like steaks from different creatures. Plus dragon steak should taste great with some honey ale. yummmm.
  • I would like skill modifications :) 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Lineage 2 had a rare weapon that there was only one on the server at any time.

The player who held the weapon had highly enhanced stats and the weapon was very strong. If you were fortunate enough to pick it up when it dropped, you would gain a tremendous amount of experience and wealth in a short period of time.

The catch was, you were highlighted on the map and every keen pvp player would hunt you down to get hold of it. 

Quite an adrenaline rush for holding it and if lucky you could fight to maintain posession but you had to be on your toes!

It would drop randomly somewhere in the landscape and the earth would shake. Then it was a mad rush for pve`er and pvp`ers alike to get possession of it.  It would also expire after a certain period of use.

Then once possessed they player would need to run like hell to hide or fight their way out. 

Now not advocating for exactly the same, and if done, only one per server. This was one great side activity that was well remembered and I would love to see something similar.

• Similar but different to the above post.

I would like to see a number of one off items that do have expiry on them.
    So that only one player at a time can experience them and then in the future another player might be fortunate .

Perhaps unique cosmetic; cloaking, fire trail, a blinding light, darkness, sound

Perhaps a weapon / wearable of unique ability for pvp or pve or future, ex?
  • I want to see some kind of Legendary weapons/Jewels with for example 10% drop rate from  epic bosses who have very high respawn time. It will bring many pvp battles when time for resp is up.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    What if....

a certain amount of items can be found as an rare drop, but when they drop the player doesn't have a clue about what it is or how it can be used.

"hmmm, looks like thrash" he mumbled and he threw the ancient scale of Kerafyrm in the river.

While the item description is mostly (or completely) blank, these items and their use are mentioned in books throughout the world. Some of the items will need an interaction with another item or can be used to activate an object in the world.

Some items are used, just to create a novilty decoration, other may open questslines and some...

"It IS trash" he yelled and he threw the Lost Sandal of Steven in the river

• If we get no hint at whether something is trash or not, they better let us have quite a big storage in freehold/house/bank or whatever. Or no one will keep them.
  • Sovorack said:
    What if....

a certain amount of items can be found as an rare drop, but when they drop the player doesn't have a clue about what it is or how it can be used.

"hmmm, looks like thrash" he mumbled and he threw the ancient scale of Kerafyrm in the river.

While the item description is mostly (or completely) blank, these items and their use are mentioned in books throughout the world. Some of the items will need an interaction with another item or can be used to activate an object in the world.

Some items are used, just to create a novilty decoration, other may open questslines and some...

"It IS trash" he yelled and he threw the Lost Sandal of Steven in the river

I like the idea but the amount of players who read in game books and hints are scarce, honestly if rarity will be displayed to colour etc. I dont think anyone is foolish enough to throw away a high rarity item just because it has no desc. or seemingly no use at that moment. But I think they should work around an idea like this or similar.
  • I'd like rare items for crafting top quality gear, potions/food and the most bad-ass looking customization tools or whatever