Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Offical Livestream December 15th Q&A thread

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited December 2017 in Announcements & Headlines

Hey, everyone! 

Once again we’re collecting questions to answer during Friday's (15th) Twitch stream starting at 3:00 PM PST / 6:00 PM EDT / 11:00 PM UTC / 9:00 AM AEST (Saturday). 

Please post your questions in this thread and we’ll pick around 10 or so to answer live on-stream. Please, only one question per person. Additional questions will likely not get answered. 

Thanks for your help!

Catch the broadcast here on the Ashes of Creation Twitch Channel
Missed a previous Livestream and you want to catch up? check out the Ashes of Creation Youtube Channel

Comments

• Being a guild leader of large competetive guild requires a lot of time and can become a second job. What features are you planning to help leaders organize their groups? Also what informations about members will leaders have?
  • How are you currently dealing with elevation differences when placing buildings like a freehold/city? This is especially important in hilly or mountainous areas where a player would want to place his freehold on a slightly uneven elevation on a mountain side. To what extent are you able to compensate for such terrain? Will it be within a certain degree of difference, or do you have a different system at play to mask this?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    PVE QUESTION:  With the most successful MMO's focusing so much effort on "end game" grouping, raiding and contested PVE, why have you guys decided to steer away from this (hard core PVE content)? From a business perspective do you think this could hinder your growth? What are your plans for long term (high level PVE) player retention?

P.S. Hello Lyndro, glad to see ya on the team. Now if only you guys could pick up Gninja! :P
  • Are there gonna be more types of magic the mage class can use? We usually see fire/ice/lighting but rarely do we get light/dark energy or water/air magic! 
    edited December 2017
    What sort of mounts will we be seeing in the game? Any example plez
  • Can you talk a bit about how your enchantment/gear upgrade works?
    edited December 2017
    -Will classes (NOT archetypes) could get REALLY specific unique passive skills / unique bonuses from stats and equipment - like monk class get additional AC bonus from wisdom stat + different deffencive and other bonuses from wearing "plain" clothes(inherent only to him)?
    edited December 2017
    Hey there, Upheat here. I up the f**kin heat on the fire when things get crazy!

Sorry for that unnecessary introduction LOL.

Anyway, I'm going to turn the gears from comical to serious though. Looking at basically any MMO on the market, Real World Trading (RWT) has become a persistent problem across the board. I do not feel the need to explain what RWT is, since I'm sure the AoC development team is fully aware. Are there any in-game countermeasures that will be added into the game post-launch to combat RWT, or try to minimize the trafficking as much as possible? One countermeasure that another MMO has come up with is being able to directly purchase in-game currency from their website (bonds) and its price is determined based on the in-game economy. Is this something AoC has possibly looked into?

edited December 2017
    I have a question regarding open world raids. Will the bosses be instance base? If not what mechanics, if any will be put in place to prevent one guild who is fighting the boss and gets him down to 10%. Then another guild comes along kills the guild fighting the boss and takes the boss as well. 

one really quick question 

Will all or some raids be only available once or will they be weekly or have some form of lockout time?

• What's 9+10?
    edited December 2017
    What will be the maximum number of ranks in guilds and will we be able to customise the number(as in erasing ranks you don't need or adding additional ones)? This is an essential part of planning guild hierarchies because it's no use developing a thorough structure if we only get 4-5 ranks.
  • How much focus will you spend on user-friendly tutorials ?

As mmo's most of the times have very extensive content to learn i think its possible to lose some of the more casual players just cause they feel lost in this big sandbox. So what kind of tutorials are you planning and will there be a comprehensive index to read about certain mechanics ?
  • The slider bar for combat is gaudy and will take away a good bit form the game.  Can we look into a differen't type of system for this?
    edited December 2017
    From the information we currently have, all classes will be able to equip and use any weapon.

That said, will there be advantages or disadvantages for specific classes using specific weapons? Like would a mage wielding a broadsword or a tank wielding a staff run into viability options?

Follow-up: will there be 'special' weapons in the game that are intended for a particular class or even weapons that are class specific?
  • Are there any plans to include OCE/EU servers in any of the testing phases?
  • Will there be an adventurer's log or achievement book of sorts with rewards?

What kind of statistics and numbers does the game plan on tracking? Would I be able to lookup a detailed character sheet showing how many Tulnar I killed?
  • TL;DR - Will there be any transformations?

Will there be curses? Blessings? Racial abilities? Animal power transferrals? Religious rituals? Spirital links?
    Eg, something like a werewolf bite. Vampire bite. Fire god Blessing, etc, that will allow you to have a second form? Even if they are not strong, but more moment based or utility based, such as faster movespeed wolf or for example becoming a golem to knock down a wall, bear/monkey to climb a trees or something regionbased to allow faster movement over certain terrains. ie, artic animals in a snow region or snake/croc to get through a swamp faster. Fish for swim speed etc?
    edited December 2017
    What kind of naval content there will be ? will there be sea creature's we can hunt ? or will we able to play as a pirate ? and lastly will there be trading ships similar to caravans ?
  • Will there be a separate material bag to store materials? like in GW2  and ESO plus? 

• What about ships ? Will we be able to rename them ? How they will be stored ? Are them guild properties or player properties ?Will they be treadeable ? Are the components going to be upgreadeable ? Will they be released at launch or later ? Will a solo player had to economically choose between good gear or powerfull ship ?

And since somes people ask for it, will gameplay be life Black Flag so you can use it alone or you will need a crew ?
  • Can I interact and pick up quests from an in game organization that I would be a member of in nodes that I am not a citizen of?
  • Will you be adding in yourselves as NPCs in Ashes of Creation?
  • Kravei said:
    What kind of naval content there will be ? will there be sea creature's we can hunt ? or will we able to play as a pirate ? and lastly will there be trading ships similar to caravans ?
    thoses questions are already answered. There will be pve and pvp on sea, islands nodes with some (underwater ?)exploration mechanics, you can be a pirate and steal merchantships that are "sea caravans".
  • Will the true flying mounts have any combat functions? Will they be killable- permanently or temporarily?
  • When and how will we be notified on the procedures for entering Alpha testing?
  • Can us Aussies pay a little bit more for subscription to get a local server in Australia as it is more expensive than anywhere else would love to play this game at under 100ms for a change pretty sure we wouldn't mind paying more per month.
  • Pumba2988 said:
    Can us Aussies pay a little bit more for subscription to get a local server in Australia as it is more expensive than anywhere else would love to play this game at under 100ms for a change pretty sure we wouldn't mind paying more per month.
    They have already stated that there are going to be OCE/SEA servers from live launch. They are going with google cloud servers last we heard, so anywhere there is a data center they could potentially add a server easily without charging more for the localization.
  • Could you please go more in depth of what you're planning with the climbing ability?  Will you finally be able to climb trees and other objects?  I've always wanted to do that as a Ranger or Rogue.
  • Will there be events that get unlocked based on the presence of a person with particular qualifications- like a mountain pass only someone sufficiently highly ranked in a religion can get through, or if a miner of high enough skill is deep enough in a particular vein to awaken something dark and dangerous?
    edited December 2017
    When can we expect concept art for the summer packs as it has been months and thr new packs have their concept art.

Also is there a way to pick up cosmetics from the intrepid packs separately? Not keen on spending $500 to get a pack when i have a limetime sub
This discussion has been closed.