Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Pre-order packs are now available in the cosmetic store

These packages offer a mixture of unique cosmetic items and early access to Alpha 1,2 or Beta 1,2 testing phases. 

The monthly limited cosmetics found in Pre-Order packages are only available during the month they are featured and will never be available again for purchase once they've been swapped out.

In order to own a Pre-Order pack's cosmetics, you must either purchase the pack during the month that that cosmetic is featured; or have purchased that level pack or higher in a previous month in order to buy the cosmetic as an add-on (see below).

PAX West 2017 package owners (with the exception of the PAX Exclusive Digital Cosmetics owners) have been gifted a Pre-Order package of equivalent value at no additional cost. PAX West 2017 owners will additionally retain all cosmetic rewards found in their original PAX package.

Alpha-0 bonus entries

Every pre-order pack includes between 4 and 10 additional entries to the Alpha 0 key raffles. Crowdfunding backers will also receive 15 additional entries to the Alpha 0 raffles!

Pre-Order pack add-on's

All owners of a Ashes of Creation Campaign or Pre-Order package will also be entitled to access our monthly Pre-Order add-on's. Some restrictions may apply based on your package reward tier and type.

For Pre-Order backers, you must have a package of equivalent value or above to access the cosmetics found in that months package. I.E, A Wayfarer backer has access to Wayfarer Add-On cosmetics, while an Intrepid backer has access to add-on's from all Pre-Order packages.

To access our Add-On store, please log in to an account with a package and head to our official shop page. Add-on's will appear under the various tabs (Pets + Mounts, Costumes + Armor, Buildings + Accessories) towards the bottom. 

Add-on cosmetic prices range between $5 and $25. 

More information

More information relating to pre-order packs can be found here.

*Edit* also find info here (link wasn't available at the time of posting).

Comments

• Awesome! My bank account is going to love me :smiley:
  • I'm not sure I like the direction in which the store is going.  :|
  • @lexmax Anything about making the packages cheaper for people who already have keys? I'd like to get the Intrepid Pre-Order Pack but the keys and game time are useless to me. 
  • Hi @Elder, the packages will be cheap for people who already have crowdfunding access.

Pre-order pack addons

In addition to the cosmetic items granted with pre-order packs, purchasers will also be entitled to obtain future monthly cosmetics as addons at their pre-order pack level and below. Addon functionality is not currently in place in the cosmetic store. This is expected early in the new year.

Kickstarter and summer crowdfunding backers will always be able to purchase pre-order pack cosmetics as addons.

Add-on cosmetic prices are expected to range between $5 and $20. Racial skins will be higher.
    Another post will be made when the add-ons are available to purchase :)
  • Thanks :) I guess I'll wait for the cosmetics and buy the Embers later. I've always supported a cosmetic cash shop for Ashes so going into the game with some spending $ should be fun. The Alpha 0 Bonus Entries worries me though, reminds me of loot boxes in a way. 
  • So let me see if I get this.  I have a summer package already, but I'll still have to purchase one of the new packages if I want those cosmetic items, and to have a chance to buy additional ones in future months?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    No you can just get the cosmetic when they implement add-on later after s long as you're KS/summer backer.
  • Natkom said:
    No you can just get the cosmetic when they implement add-on later after s long as you're KS/summer backer.
    All of the same items?
  • Warkov said:g
    Natkom said:
    All of the same items?
    Correct. KS or summer backers can purchase any of the preorder pack cosmetics for $5 - $20 each (except for the racial skins, which will be more). The add-on purchasing will likely be available early in the new year :)
  • I don't know why people are having a hard time understanding this. If you are a KS/Summer backer, options to purchase any of the cosmetics in the pre-order packages will become available later. It is exactly the same deal that you have right now if you were a KS backer with the Summer addons. Maybe since they haven't implemented the functionality yet, and won't until early next year (Soon™), people are thinking that they have to buy packages with keys and gametime, even though they have no need of them. You don't. If you bought a Pax package, you will be able to swap it out for the equivalent, or upgrade. You are in exactly the same position you were before this was announced. See something you like as a cosmetic, buy it. Don't want to, don't. Simple enough. The value of being a KS/Summer backer is still there. The equivalent packages for the same price point are lacking in what you received as an early adopter/backer. $500 non-early bird got you the same keys, a slew of cosmetics, and a lifetime sub. There is sure to be some sort of clarification about "ember" and it's uses down the line.
  • Argh have to wait till next money gets on my bank xD

Is this now avaiable till alpha/beta start or is it just temporarily avaiable ?
  • @Sora_NGNL pre-order packs will continue to be available until further notice :)
  • KS also get those tokens?
  • Embers are in-game cash shop credits (it says so on the wiki).

I will definitely be exchanging my PAX package for a Voyager Pack. I bought PAX mainly for Alpha 2 access. With the Voyager Pack I actually get something for my money.

Even if I don't get a costume, that's fine by me. I get a mount and pet instead, and I would have bought a separate costumes that I like the most anyway.

• urge to spend money is to much must by everything in this pack
    edited December 2017
    wanted to post a picture.. guess we still cant lol...

Shut up and take my money... use your imagination, you know what it is..
  • Did you see the $500 tier? Yes, that's the one. :open_mouth: Plague Lab! Ship o the Undead. :open_mouth:
  • Going to wait and see what the "reasonable" pricing is come January. While they are stating 5-20 for most cosmetics and more for racial skins, going to have to make a personal decision on what I really want.
  • sunfrog said:
    Did you see the $500 tier? Yes, that's the one. :open_mouth: Plague Lab! Ship o the Undead. :open_mouth:
    tell me about it I almost did a handstand then my bones gave away
  • Elder said:
    I'm not sure I like the direction in which the store is going.  :|
    I think the same... maybe a new Star Citizen?
  • What is this ship on the 500$ pack ? a galeon ? a rowboat ? a trade ship ?
  • Just that I understand it correcly, if I am an croudfunder backer than my chances of getting a random Alpha0 key have increased?

Ps: And as always, sorry for the bad english.
  • JaPeMo said:
    Elder said:
    I'm not sure I like the direction in which the store is going.  :|
    I think the same... maybe a new Star Citizen?
    You could make that argument if say the ship was an actual ship with stats better than what those who didn't fork out extra cash can get in game. Since they are all just cosmetic skins that have to be applied to something you have acquired in game or crafted, your argument that Intrepid is becoming an endless cash grab that offers p2w is just hyperbole. Star Citizen you buy actual ships that will give you an advantage over others, if that piece of bloatware ever sees a release. Intrepid hasn't lied to you, given unreasonable release dates, or changed a single thing from what they have been saying from the beginning. It isn't like a cosmetic shop wasn't talked about from the beginning and you are just finding out about it.
    edited December 2017
    Sorry but in Star Citizen you buy a ship with stats, same stats that when Star Citizen will be in release.
    You don't have any advantage over others players. Only if you buy a ship or pledge with real money before release, same that here.

Regards
  • JaPeMo said:
    Sorry but in Star Citizen you buy a ship with stats, same stats that when Star Citizen will be in release.
    You don't have any advantage over others players. Only if you buy a ship or pledge with real money before release, same that here.

Regards
    Everything in the packages is cosmetic?
  • hi, 
    I have Braver of Worlds from kickstarter. can I still get Leader of Men? :/ 
  • jason90 said:
    hi, 
    Which Kickstarter? If the first one, then yes.
  • Chudyie said:
    jason90 said:
    hi, 
    Which Kickstarter? If the first one, then yes.
    I think he was asking because the option to upgrade is no longer in the store.
  • This is not what I was hoping for. Loot boxes before the game is even released.
This discussion has been closed.