Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Ideas of Classes Outside of Combat

I was thinking the other day of the idea that bards should be able to play music in taverns and make money doing so, it would make a class way more interesting and impactful if we had our classes able to do things specific to their class in the cities and freeholds of the land.

The original thought of bards in taverns also led me to thoughts of clerics able to build a shrine as a freehold specific to them. I wondered if you guys could come up with more ideas that classes could have specific to them.

Comments

• I also like the idea of class specific utility skills like the ones they alrdy confirmed. I strognly hope bards can play music in taverns everything else would be pretty .. meh .

As developers said every class will have a unique utility skill to interact with the world i guess all will have 1 skill of that kind. So far we know the mage can find hidden places, the rouge can read traces and the cleric  can purge some places from evil dust and stuff like that. So i guess the cleric wont have a second ability beside that. 

But more then 1 utility skill would be also nice. I think all calsses should have just 1 skill of that kind what i mentioned earlyer. Cause these skills unlock hidden paths and it would be kind of annoying to need more then 8 skills to go everywhere. But other utility skills like the one you mentioned why not ^^

I wonder what the tank will have as special ability. 

• Be careful what you ask for! Rogues might get stealing. =p If nothing else I'd love to be able to leave personalized calling cards with reverse pickpocketing, or other items for that matter!
  • Haha reverse pickpocketing! That's unique. Take something from someone, and leave a note saying your name and whatever else you wanted. Is it a holiday? Have fun reverse pickpocketing people in taverns and giving them treats.
  • I have to say i love the idea of a shrine as a freehold for clerics. Maybe give buffs for passing adventurers. Same obviously with bards and taverns. Maybe you could for thieves have a kind of den with gives a small loot buff or something? Warriors obviously a smithy with weapon damage buff.
  • Oban said:
    I have to say i love the idea of a shrine as a freehold for clerics. Maybe give buffs for passing adventurers. Same obviously with bards and taverns. Maybe you could for thieves have a kind of den with gives a small loot buff or something? Warriors obviously a smithy with weapon damage buff.
    Could do a den for rogues that gives more gold for killing creatures around the den, plus if the den gets raided the people raiding get a large amount of gold in return?
  • Sora_NGNL said:
    I also like the idea of class specific utility skills like the ones they alrdy confirmed. I strognly hope bards can play music in taverns everything else would be pretty .. meh .

As developers said every class will have a unique utility skill to interact with the world i guess all will have 1 skill of that kind. So far we know the mage can find hidden places, the rouge can read traces and the cleric  can purge some places from evil dust and stuff like that. So i guess the cleric wont have a second ability beside that. 

But more then 1 utility skill would be also nice. I think all calsses should have just 1 skill of that kind what i mentioned earlyer. Cause these skills unlock hidden paths and it would be kind of annoying to need more then 8 skills to go everywhere. But other utility skills like the one you mentioned why not ^^

I wonder what the tank will have as special ability. 

Just a couple corrections. It was the Ranger that had the tracking ability and not the rogue. Also, technically the 'evil dust' was poison.

They haven't specifically said whether or not there will only be one utility skill per class, but from my understanding there will be more than one to choose from. In one of the earlier streams they talked about the spyglass that the ranger uses in one of the cinematics. If I remember correctly they mentioned it would be a utility skill, which would now put the ranger at two utility skills.
  • @VmanGman In the trailer it wasent a ranger it was a rouge class. Rouge has a spyglass ability and rangers is tracking.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    Bards playing in taverns would be great, but then there would probably be a demand for other classes to also have these types of miscellaneous jobs.

Maybe clerics could go around 'healing' injured npc's.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    Ranger has "Track" as its utility skill. The class we have seen in trailers is "Predator" which is Rogue/Ranger. The only skill we really know Rogue has is stealth which we've seen in some pre-alpha Dev gameplay.

I'm not sure we need a unique skill for out of combat but perhaps some unique social emotes :o 
  • Haha awesome idea , here goes my wild imagination:

A Rogue should be able to do the '' Three cups game'' for money 
    Mage -- Card tricks for kids , or fortune telling services 
    Fighter/Tank----Help renovate your home  or help people move furniture 
    Cleric---should be able to wed people , or baptise children for a fee
    Ranger--- Does gardening (buff your plants) or Does tour guides of the nearby woods for tourists
    hehe