Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Intrepid Pre-Order Package Question

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited December 2017 in Forum and Discord Help
So I'm a founder from the kickstarter campaign and I was considering buying the Intrepid Pre-Order Package. I submitted a ticket on Christmas Eve but haven't gotten a response back. Probably got buried for the holidays :D .

I had two questions before I make the purchase and I don't want the offer to go away before I make my decision so here I am.

1. Will I still receive my Founder rewards if I were to make this purchase?

2. Is there a sort of discount for people who already invested the $150 into the founder pack to extend into the Intrepid pre-order or will they just be 2 separate purchases.

Comments

1. Yes.
    2. If you hold off your purchase until new features are announced in January then Kickstarter backers will be able to purchase package cosmetics as addons at a significantly discounted price.
  • But the access to the Alpha 1 will also still be there as well? That and all the ember/game time is my main interest
  • Pre-order pack addons currently relate to cosmetic items only. However, Intrepid may announce other options in January. Stay tuned :)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Ah so 

is just cosmetics?

cause I'm talking about this package and not the ones on the dashboard :)

• @Clearmind
    It's a little steep to spend 500 more $ just to get access to Alpha 1, although I can see why you would want to. 
    Good question :smile: 
    Is there an upgrade option available or coming in January?  

• @zazukeys

Eh, Its more of a combination of me getting a big bonus at work (yay!) at the end of the year so I'd rather buy the game time, embers, etc now while I have the money to spare as the future is unpredictable. $180 value game time now + the $150 for embers, the cosmetics, and a few months of earlier play for money that I wasn't expecting to have and havn't budgeted for is worth it to me. Especially if I can get it a tad cheaper so I thought it was worth asking :D
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Clearmind said:
    But the access to the Alpha 1 will also still be there as well? That and all the ember/game time is my main interest
    If I am understanding your question correctly here. You bought a Founders pack which includes access to Alpha 2 phase. You're curious if the Intrepid Pre-Order Pack includes access to Alpha 1 phase?

Lets break this down.
    • Founders pack includes access to Alpha 2 as well as Beta 1 and Beta 2
    • Intrepid Pre-Order Pack includes access to Alpha 1 + 2, Beta 1 + 2

This is not "double" access you would be purchasing. This is singular cumulative access meaning that you would get a single point of access to the earliest listed phase, in this case Alpha 1 leading into and through all later testing phases.

At earliest ETA, January 2018 is targeted for the web store to offer a la carte style purchasing of items from the new / current store packages for those Kickstarter and Summer backers. It will also allow PAX Package purchasers to exchange their PAX packages towards one of these new packages. We do not yet have confirmation from Intrepid on whether or not Alpha 1 access (the one access phase you are currently missing from your Founders package) will be offered as an a la carte option at that time.

I believe this full answers your question? Please let me know.

Thanks,

• I knew about the access to Alpha one I just wanted to make sure my founder rewards weren't going to be affected and you answered the other question. 

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.