Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

System Reqs-what will they be?

Sorry, I have to be that person. The semi-realistic art style of this game has me a little worried that it's going to require an expensive, and expansive system. I do not have infinite money, and space is limited in my townhouse. Please have a care for optimization in design, and a wide enough range of graphics settings so that people with less than cutting edge machines can participate. Combat is severely affected by framerate, especially PvP combat: so please think about this, otherwise an entire aspect of the game is likely to die. High graphical detail is less significant than an overall good gameplay experience for myself and for many others.

Comments

• I'd say a 500 euro PC should be able to run the game without any major issues, prices will obviously go down before launch so I wouldn't worry too much about it, that's taking into consideration that you save your money for it, there is still 2 years left before launch afterall.
  • I'd say a 500 euro PC should be able to run the game without any major issues, prices will obviously go down before launch so I wouldn't worry too much about it, that's taking into consideration that you save your money for it, there is still 2 years left before launch afterall.
    Well...that wasn't quite what I was expecting to hear. Are computers massively more expensive in Europe? An iMac here costs about $200. As you know, an iMac would be a fairly fancy average desktop. Most average desktop machines would cost a bit less, but might require an upgraded graphics card.  There is no excuse for a game that can't run on an average desktop computer, so I'm hoping that 500 euro is average :)
  • I can't tell what's average but I bought a custom made PC for 500 euro almost 2 years ago and can play most games on high-medium graphics. I doubt you could run AoC at full graphics for this price but it would most likely be playable.
  • I believe they have mentioned somewhere that the expandable graphics of the game was to be large. There would be a huge dumb down factor in the graphics settings as to appeal to as many as possible.
  • I really hope there is, there will be more players this way thus making the game more enjoyable :blush:
  • I can't tell what's average but I bought a custom made PC for 500 euro almost 2 years ago and can play most games on high-medium graphics. I doubt you could run AoC at full graphics for this price but it would most likely be playable.
    This post was really a plea to the devs to take performance into account before the full release. Similar games have special large-group settings which you can set up individually. That kind of feature is super important for including people whose computers are not the best. From what you say, my fears are a little bit allayed. I'm guessing an average machine could run the game on low graphics, which is all that I would deem necessary (even low graphics for this game would be better than some lol).  I think they could also look at having a toggle for some of the particle effects though, as they seem unnecessary. Again, particularly for large-group settings these things matter. Although these things can be added after a game launches, I would much prefer to see Ashes have a smooth launch, having considered things like this beforehand. 
  • TNSxPAPA said:
    I believe they have mentioned somewhere that the expandable graphics of the game was to be large. There would be a huge dumb down factor in the graphics settings as to appeal to as many as possible.
    I assume you mean the range of graphical options will be large? that's definitely good to hear. What's with the snooty attitude? it's an MMORPG, more people playing is a good thing.
  • Well the more options the better, I know what it's like to play a game and there aren't any settings to lower properly to make the game smoother.
  • As long as you don't try to run it on a plugged in potato you should be fine 👍

• Come at me bro
  • @AutumnLeaf, rofl, now I really want to know what the heck that actually is.
  • Aiveleen said:
    TNSxPAPA said:
    I believe they have mentioned somewhere that the expandable graphics of the game was to be large. There would be a huge dumb down factor in the graphics settings as to appeal to as many as possible.
    I assume you mean the range of graphical options will be large? that's definitely good to hear. What's with the snooty attitude? it's an MMORPG, more people playing is a good thing.
    I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean? 

Yes I had meant a large option to the potential settings of graphics with textures view distance frame rates ext ext ext...

I don't understand how I was being snooty? Maybe you misunderstood me I meant the "huge dumbed down factor" meaning... throw the game on absolute lowest graphics settings turn everything to minimum 
  • Go hard or get stomped. If you plan to play on a potato, expect potato results. As in mashed. This will be my new toy come summer. Will pair nicely with the 1080.
    https://www.cnet.com/news/nvidia-bfgd-monitor-65-inch-4k-hdr-gaming-glory-ces-2018/
  • This Question was answered in a Q&A Steve said should be able to play it on computers that have come out in the past four years and it is coming out looks like at the end of 2019.
  • This Question was answered in a Q&A Steve said should be able to play it on computers that have come out in the past four years and it is coming out looks like at the end of 2019.
    oh thank you! I was unaware of the Q&A, that's very good. Old instincts die hard lol.
  • As much as I sympathies with people who want to play this on their current computer, I for one would like to see the best graphic possible at the time of release. There is always a way of turning it down but the other direction, making the game play more gorgeous, is not so easy. I also would like an VR option, that would be very nice :) 
  • Aiveleen said:
    @AutumnLeaf, rofl, now I really want to know what the heck that actually is.
    It is clearly a cardboard bo.... I mean my gaming machine....
  • Pitsnow said:
    As much as I sympathies with people who want to play this on their current computer, I for one would like to see the best graphic possible at the time of release. There is always a way of turning it down but the other direction, making the game play more gorgeous, is not so easy. I also would like an VR option, that would be very nice :) 
    I don't disagree. It is not so much that I wish to play on my current computer (as I likely will have a new one by the time the game releases) but that I was worried I wouldn't be able to buy a computer that could play the game. The game does look gorgeous, and it still will at release: the graphics are already an improvement on most PC games coming out now. What had me worried is that there have been many games over the past few years that looked beautiful, but played horribly because they were poorly optimized. That is, there were more textures, animations and particle effects than necessary which ate up the CPU and caused bad framerates. Optimization also includes things like keeping programs for mobs and NPCs, the "AI" as it is sometimes called, light and simple. This talk of a "reactive world" had me worried that there would be too many programs constantly getting status updates, and people with less than top-end computers would experience constant crashing. The Alpha 0 footage was not terribly encouraging, but Alpha is Alpha. I simply wanted to remind the developers that gameplay is the core of the game, and the game experience. Obviously, if they can make the game beautiful they should: but it will only succeed in the current market if it can run as smoothly as much older games on an average computer. Those games have simpler graphics and less AI, so being as smooth as those games will be an achievement. On the other hand the Unreal engine is superior to the engines most MMORPGs are built on. I'm here because I have cautious faith in Intrepid to use the Unreal engine to it's fullest potential, so that as many people as possible can experience the amazing game they are making. I still have to ask the question and voice my fear.

• Come at me bro
    Idk, Pooka's PC is pretty shitty.

• Pooka said:

Come at me bro

Looks shit, but still better quality material than cardboard, I mean at you least your waterproof.....
  • Pooka said:

Come at me bro

Looks shit, but still better quality material than cardboard, I mean at you least your waterproof.....
    Until Pooka reallllllyyyy has to use the bathroom.
  • Pooka said:
    Pooka said:

Come at me bro

Until Pooka reallllllyyyy has to use the bathroom.

Oh my goodness, these are already the best forums I've ever been on!
  • This should be ok to run AOC. Easy access for upgrading. 

httpsipinimgcom474x272249272249d59d4279d7a095f270b684c117--technology-support-tech-supportjpg

httpsipinimgcomoriginalsbd33fcbd33fc1b8f27596b0389c9c38bdf8a16jpg

For those dying to play AOC.

httpgameranxcomimg12-Junbs4jpg

Enough said.

• Oh my god you guys! what monstrosity have I unleashed? <3