Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Staff, scepter, and wand art discussion

Hello everyone, i came across the most amazing staff art ever and i just wanted to share with everyone.

They have cute lanterns attached, which seems to emit a soft glow. I would buy these weapon skins in a heartbeat. Maybe i would add a fairy flying around the lantern as a cute fx.

What do you guys think, any thoughts or ideas you wanna share.

Comments

• Hi @Pinkberry

These are nice, not really my particular style though only because they look a bit misshapen lol.
    What I do love about them is the light source. I miss old school games where darkness was a real factor and you had to have torches lit in dungeons to see.
    If their was such a game (Darkest Dungeon being one of them)I would definitely be a magic user with one of these staffs.....great for camping as well as nightclubs!

Thanks again
  • Lol im in love with the theme of the lantern style staff just cause it reminds me of somthing a fae or elf would use, it has a daydreamers charm to me.

I do agree about the shape but if they really wanted to im sure they could make the art becoming to the games style.

I would pay top buck for a fairy lantern style staff for my elf mage. Just take my money why dont you lol.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
     very nice look good they be nice lights staff to light up to see in dark/tunnels/underground  i like .. Me I personally perfer small and simple design but look good at same time   for combat staff here's a picture to see :) .. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
  • Looks like hand held lamps... but they definately look great, I prefer more simple designs personally, like a long wooden staf twirling around itself with a spherical orb at the top, dreams :flushed:
  • Yea they are a kinda lampish, but i was imagining them as special staffs or sceptors for fire magic.
  • Pinkberry said:
    Yea they are a kinda lampish, but i was imagining them as special staffs or sceptors for fire magic.
    I dont know why but I just got an image of fire flies gathering around the lamp part and then boom fireball, well this type of eccentric looking stuff is great too, if all staffs were:
    1.Straight
    2.Magical gem on top
    Then well it would get pretty boring quickly :3
  • Yess that would be a legendary idea. I was also thinking that a spectral pixie would flutter around the lamp as well if it was lights base. But i love your idea for fireflys they both would me mesmerizing.

I hope the art team are reading this lol.
  • Yea if we're talking about fireflies, lamps and magic then pixies or fairies are a must huh ? gives me the vibe of spirit magic or something, actually they could make a pixie/fairy companion that shortens activation speed on magic, or increases fire power etc.
  • @AutumnLeaf You know what, you just designed my theme lol  

im in love with this fantasy. I hooe they have fairy or pixie pets in the ashes world.

So the vision would fit with a conjurer or enchanter class. I would have a pixie battle pet that has perks to speed up casting for fire magic along with a rare staff given in an epic quest line from the queen of fae in the wood elf area.

Intrepid you can have that for free lol. Just give me the pixie and the staff. 
  • haha I know what you mean, fantasy is great, this whole talk about pixies makes me want a fairy race in the game could look like this, but I guess that's a bit too much for now xD
    Image result for magical pixie fantasy
  • Hey i think the closest we are gonna get to a fae rAce is the wood elves. I was hoping we could cosmetic wings or as part of a costume. Maybe we will see a super ultra fAiry theme costume in the upcomming packs.
  • Hmm true the wood elves are definately the closest, then put on some glittery dress and and glittery wings and viola, you got yourself a fairy character.