Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Costumes you would like to see.

So I was wondering what types of costumes/outfits people would like to see in the game ? (this is a bit different compared to armor skins, kind of like job clothes, merchant clothes or everyday outfits) personally I would love to see a maid costume and I don't mean a full on exposure anime like one.

-Not sure if there is a post about this already

Something like this I guess.

Comments

• We know already that there will be profession specific skins, ala the Tinker and Merchant skins that came from the KS/Summer. They stated in a livestream that they are going to stay away from things that don't fit their definition of "high fantasy" so as much fun as it would be to run around in a mankini, probably nope on French Maids too.
    Image result for mankini meme
  • Well I wouldn't outright cross out maids from fantasy, but a mankini, yeah I'd love to see that xD

• So I was wondering what types of costumes/outfits people would like to see in the game ? (this is a bit different compared to armor skins, kind of like job clothes, merchant clothes or everyday outfits) personally I would love to see a maid costume and I don't mean a full on exposure anime like one.

-Not sure if there is a post about this already

Something like this I guess.
    Maid costume?? Sign me in!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    @AutumnLeaf give it a few years, and virtually everything will be in the game. Eventually artists get bored, and then this happens: http://www.wowhead.com/item=74278/helm-of-the-fire-festival
  • None...
    edited January 2018
    If there is not a Horse Mask then I might want a refund.

Nothing says fun like chasing people around as a zerg of naked Horse-Headed PvPers.

• Aiveleen said:
    @AutumnLeaf give it a few years, and virtually everything will be in the game. Eventually artists get bored, and then this happens: http://www.wowhead.com/item=74278/helm-of-the-fire-festival
    That's WoW for you....
  • I would really like to see female armor that is practical. Yes, I love a sexy female costume as much as the next person, but when everyone is running around in bikinis and my tank is wearing a metal thong it starts to break the immersion for me. By all means, have it as an option, but also have armor that covers the body and still looks cool. l mean, look at Phasma from the new Star Wars movies. She was badass and her armor looked exactly the same as the rest of the first order because it was just armor, not female armor.
  • Kitzi said:
    I would really like to see female armor that is practical. Yes, I love a sexy female costume as much as the next person, but when everyone is running around in bikinis and my tank is wearing a metal thong it starts to break the immersion for me. By all means, have it as an option, but also have armor that covers the body and still looks cool. l mean, look at Phasma from the new Star Wars movies. She was badass and her armor looked exactly the same as the rest of the first order because it was just armor, not female armor.
    Yea I agree, obviously female armor has it's female-ish parts (Extra space for breasts) but those ridiculous skimpy outfits, while are sexy they just ruin the feel of the game sometimes.
    Like this stuff is a big no.
    edited January 2018
    edited January 2018
    I think it would be cool to have different characters/look in the game depending on your races, class and how you spend your time on the game like  kings/queens. vikings. Pirates. Business/traders. entertainment  and may more, 
  • Hmm yeah, you mean spending time on sea as a pirate, or something similar grants a pirate costume and later maybe a pirate captain costume ? 
  • Hmm yeah, you mean spending time on sea as a pirate, or something similar grants a pirate costume and later maybe a pirate captain costume ? 
    Yes correct. :)👍
  • Image result for death warrior armor

Gotta look cool when pawning noobs ;D
  • I think some people are getting confused with costume and armor.
  • I think some people are getting confused with costume and armor.

Well in a certain sense it's about the vanity appereance that we can equip 'over' the armor so it's just how you would like your char to look in the game I guess :)
  • Isabelle said:

That picture from dark souls? I love and miss that game be good to have some of there gothic look/ideas in Aoc.
  • Hahah spoons...riot!!!!! (Lol)

Anyway, since we will be getting underwater content how does everyone feel about swimwear if fashioned to not break immersion. Id love to see different race themed swimwear.

edited January 2018
    Isabelle said:

The model is great for looking over high fences. But I would never wear anything like that, it head would get caught in tree branches.

Also the Borat costume is so wrong in many ways.

• Pooka said:

Love it :) haha
  • Isabelle said:

The model is great for looking over high fences. But I would never wear anything like that, it head would get caught in tree branches.

Also the Borat costume is so wrong in many ways.

This one any better?

• Isabelle said:

This one any better?

Now we are getting silly.
  • Pooka said:

What a wild night, now where did I leave my car.
  • I would love some designs similar to this, although I'm not sure how well they fit into the world: