Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The Ashes of Creation Community Podcast Audio Download?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited January 2018 in Fan Media
Greetings my fellow community members,

quick question, should i upload the ashes of creation community podcast every two weeks as an mp3 so people can download it?

Comments

• I'd rather have it as a youtube besides you can convert the youtube to mp3 if you want to quite easyly
  • Relwoh said:
    I'd rather have it as a youtube besides you can convert the youtube to mp3 if you want to quite easyly
    But what if people want to listen to it while driving ? thats how it came up? i mean if you wanan watch a video while driving i guess its your thing :P but what if you get stopped by the police :P
  • Obviously i am biased to a yes since i started the idea.  I dont think it costs anytrhing at all to use Podbean  service to host your podcast  and there are probably a number of other free hosting services as well. 

@Relwoh i see where your going with the podcast conversion and yes its very easy and ive done it before. but for many people we use podcast apps on our cell phones that auto download the newest version as soon as its posted. I listen regularly to the 'from the ashes" podcast and their other podcasts as well. Its nice to just have those updated and downloaded automatically on my iphone instead of converting and  uploading it manually. Making the podcast more accessible helps grow the podcasts listener base. Just as long as the content is regularly put our on a predictable schedule. 

• Obviously i am biased to a yes since i started the idea.  I dont think it costs anytrhing at all to use Podbean  service to host your podcast  and there are probably a number of other free hosting services as well. 

@Relwoh i see where your going with the podcast conversion and yes its very easy and ive done it before. but for many people we use podcast apps on our cell phones that auto download the newest version as soon as its posted. I listen regularly to the 'from the ashes" podcast and their other podcasts as well. Its nice to just have those updated and downloaded automatically on my iphone instead of converting and  uploading it manually. Making the podcast more accessible helps grow the podcasts listener base. Just as long as the content is regularly put our on a predictable schedule. 

Its the size of the download and pdbeanis 50mb and 1 podcast is 100 mb
  • Yea I can see why you would want to, pod casts are great but I would rather have a YouTube video.
  • I mean you guys are going to have it all :P just trying to figure out if i should add the download to it.
  • It would be useful as another option for sure!
  • I think it's a great idea, it allows people to listen to it at a later point in time even if they are slightly busy e.g. on a bus, train etc.