Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Orcs?

As you can tell from my profile I enjoy my green, large toothed men. Will my favourite fantasy race be a thing? *please*

Comments

• Yes! Thank you for the confirmation!
  • And you will be able to Skittle it up and taste the rainbow. Multi-colored orc options confirmed.
  • And you will be able to Skittle it up and taste the rainbow. Multi-colored orc options confirmed.
    That sounds awesome, but I don't know if I can betray the my green brethren. We shall see!
  • There will be orcs, but they might not be green or large-toothed.
  • Very curious about the orcs here. I prefer mine to be outwardly “savage” and a bit “villainous” but with a more sophisticated core. These race descriptions so far are such a tease. I feel like I still know nothing and I need to learn more!
  • Orcs are always portrayed differently depending on the universe, I hope that these orcs will be honorable warriors and not a bunch of barbarians, that's not to say they shouldn't have the typical 'savage' nature.

• I have to say, the Orc race descriptions break all stereo types I traditionally have with Orcs.
    Words like ' Tranquility, Celestial, Things of beauty, stargazing' are all traits I have never associated with Orcs due to the games I've been playing. Great to see AOC breaking the pushing the boundaries. Orcs will be interesting.
  • Mozsta69 said:

I have to say, the Orc race descriptions break all stereo types I traditionally have with Orcs.
    Words like ' Tranquility, Celestial, Things of beauty, stargazing' are all traits I have never associated with Orcs due to the games I've been playing. Great to see AOC breaking the pushing the boundaries. Orcs will be interesting.
    I agree here :) It will be nice to see an Orc race not as an enemy or lesser race but one to admire. I do hope it's not a low population race. Can't wait to see more concept arts!
  • I personaly love Ashes of Creations take on orcs, a peaceful orc race sounds so interesting.
  • How big will the orcs be human side?

• I think this is the only concept art we have for orcs atm. It's older and might not be accurate anymore.

It seems like orcs might be slightly bigger then humans. We have also heard that the Vek will be more bestial in appearance.
  • yay My dwarven kin shall get to smash the ork menace once again :)
  • Well there are no in-game built factions so you might be smashing everything but orcs...xD
  • Falmin said:
    yay My dwarven kin shall get to smash the ork menace once again :)

Finally, you'll stop trying to smash us Elves! ;)