Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Loot system

I read the blog , I am not happy with the loot system. It Sounds a lot like Neverwinter loot system. What I don't like about it is it will lead to grieving, 6 friends and 2 stranger start quest, you get to the end guy kill him and the 6 vote kick the other 2 to minimize   rolls on loot. IMO Ddo has the best loot system... everyone gets loot and the named items are random. 

Comments

• Then you didn't understand what you read. There are multiple options for loot that are determined in party, from need/greed, auction, round robin and others. If you are worried about grouping with randoms and getting kicked, the whole point of them not having a groupfinder is to promote old-school mmo social awareness. You act like a dick, and everyone within shouting distance will know. You screw people over, people will know. And since there is no other way to do group combat beside getting people from the pool available in your area, your personal reputation will be what determines your success. Be a lootwhore, people will know. Be lazy, same thing.
  • I hear ya, I still think it is going to cause issues... time will tell. I have only really played two MMO's DDO and neverwinter, Loathed neverwinter. Maybe I am just biased since I've played ddo since o6 and Im just use to it. will see.
  • The system seems fine to me.  Any system can be open to abuse, but within my experience of MMO's the most abused tendto be the ones locked down.
  • @Doomlord I suggest making your own guild or joining one if you are worried about randoms abusing you. I also agree with the previous posters as well.
  • Everything is changeable so if it doesnt work i am sure they will change it before launch
  • Tomoyuki said:
    @Doomlord I suggest making your own guild or joining one if you are worried about randoms abusing you. I also agree with the previous posters as well.
    Trying to figure out how to do that ( create own guild) I have been playing a MMO / since 06' last couple years I've been burnt out, not sure I have the energy to do all this again. However am interested in playing the game. Hoping its deeper than eye candy.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Just let loot be random BUT no BoP items.  BoE, ok but not BoP.

Also, in case you, like me, are never lucky in love, token system to eventually earn enough to buy that item that JUST WON'T EFFING DROP FOR YOU.
  • Doomlord said:
    Tomoyuki said:
    @Doomlord I suggest making your own guild or joining one if you are worried about randoms abusing you. I also agree with the previous posters as well.
    Trying to figure out how to do that ( create own guild) I have been playing a MMO / since 06' last couple years I've been burnt out, not sure I have the energy to do all this again. However am interested in playing the game. Hoping its deeper than eye candy.
    Well depending on how they implement the system, organic social interactions should make it easier. Since there is no fast travel and open world pvp (if they don't gut it by making it too safe) would force a lot of players to group and work together. I would say the most telling is the removal of the conveniences that we are used to in modern mmo's like group finder, dungeon finders, and etc.

You can always join me and my co workers, where our only policy besides having fun is killing elves.  Humans and dwarves are clearly the superior species and not heretics unlike the elves. B)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Tomoyuki said:
    Doomlord said:
    Tomoyuki said:
    Well depending on how they implement the system, organic social interactions should make it easier. Since there is no fast travel and open world pvp (if they don't gut it by making it too safe) would force a lot of players to group and work together. I would say the most telling is the removal of the conveniences that we are used to in modern mmo's like group finder, dungeon finders, and etc.

You can always join me and my co workers, where our only policy besides having fun is killing elves.  Humans and dwarves are clearly the superior species and not heretics unlike the elves. B)

Dwarves are the master race, on DDO thats all I play. Dnd 3.0 and 3.5 has the best dwarf artwork. Lotro sucked for dwarf art IMO