Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The Dial System

I think the dial system is a gradient, that the crafter controls, which allows them to change the properties of their gear (weapons; i.e. damage, reach/range, durability, speed). They have a set amount that they can allocate, pointing at one or more of these properties; hence "dial"; they would also have predetermined stats that the crafter could select depending on their crafting level and the level of the gear. An enchanter could add additional stats on top of the crafted stat providing a community driven variance that would replace RNG and be way more fun and engaging. This system would work well in the game as is* and exceptionally with the other ideas I've posted.

*given the number of classes it could make more playstyles viable on more characters without major changes to the class concept

Comments

• Additionally, they could set minimum and maximum values for the properties on the gear that players could manipulate (this post is my speculation/hope for the dial system that Steve proposed).
  • You should stop necroing your own posts. After promoting them on Discord, if no one shows up for a week to comment, realize maybe no one is coming.

Keep Topics ON Topic Please do not “necro” a thread, cross-post, or post miscellaneous messages to “bump” threads. Keep topics clean, organized, and on the topic they were created for. However, feel free to create new threads if you’d like to talk about something slightly different that doesn’t quite fit with the original thread. If you have questions, always feel free to ask.
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/6855/read-me-community-guidelines-code-of-conduct/p1
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    You should stop necroing your own posts. After promoting them on Discord, if no one shows up for a week to comment, realize maybe no one is coming.

Keep Topics ON Topic Please do not “necro” a thread, cross-post, or post miscellaneous messages to “bump” threads. Keep topics clean, organized, and on the topic they were created for. However, feel free to create new threads if you’d like to talk about something slightly different that doesn’t quite fit with the original thread. If you have questions, always feel free to ask.
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/6855/read-me-community-guidelines-code-of-conduct/p1
    I was advertising my discussions on more accessible platforms in the hopes that a miniscule part of the community would be able to read and understand my speculation. You've made it apparent that my invitation* may welcome dilweeds with the IQ of a trilobite; as a hypothetical, a dillweed that ridicules my topic with their worthless opinion and arbitrary rules (in reference to no real world dillweed).

*On an otherwise structured and official platform
  • Don't mind him Sussurro.  He's just a self-important, wannabe mod.
  • Remember, without dillweed and vinegar there would be no turning cucumbers into delicious pickles.
    edited March 2018
    And salt, all pickles need salt.UnknownSystemError said:
    Remember, without dillweed and vinegar there would be no turning cucumbers into delicious pickles.

edited March 2018