Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Freeholds

Do we have any information on how much terraforming we're going to be able to do when setting up Freeholds?
I'm hoping to be able to build my house inside (partially if not wholly) a mountain but all the images I've seen has just a flat layout.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    There is this video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VJkllNESnM plus a couple of glimpses in other media. It seems that it may be some kind of plot system as currently one of the skins in the current bundles is an Alchemy lab for your freehold e.g. you have a square then can place buildings/plots within it.

I also found this info from the Discord;

• Options
    In addition it was mentioned in a livestream that freeholds would be able to be placed in the Underrealm. You just have to find a spot that has the modifiers/benefits you want, enough available space, and throw it down. They also confirmed that terrain will have benefits/drawbacks depending on where it is placed. Like farming, make sure you are near a river, and so on.

• Options
    Thank you both of you, this has been really helpful.
    Also where can I find a link to join the discord?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    Here we go buddy; https://discord.gg/ashesofcreation - Enjoy!

• Options
    Thanks so much!
  • Options
    If I remember correctly the freehold does not need to be used exclusively for housing and things like taverns, inns, stables etc can be built there too.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah, somehow I did. I can't figure out how to delete the other though. I click on edit and don't see any delete option so it has to stay for now. If anyone knows how to delete it that would be just great.
  • Options
    You can flag it for the mods, I did last night when you posted it. Just write "double post" in the info box and they will eventually take care of it and merge comments if needed into one thread.

• Options
    You can flag it for the mods, I did last night when you posted it. Just write "double post" in the info box and they will eventually take care of it and merge comments if needed into one thread.

Awesome thanks for the info.