Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

World Bosses

If anyone knows please share light are world bosses a one and done type thing like some mmos or will it be a weekly/ daily thing if you want to do it on a alt or u missed it. Also this brings up another point if it does have a daily/weekly spawn does this mean we have to fight it off every time or will our Nod be destroyed? 

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    They have stated that world bosses will have far reaching effects on the node. While they won't delevel a node, they may damage infrastructure and cause all sorts of headaches until they are taken care of. They will also not be your typical find boss, form group, and kill boss encounters. Some may be more cerebral. A winter spirit that locks the node in perpetual winter was mentioned. Instead of killing it, players would need to figure out how to appease it. They have given no indication of one-off, weekly, or daily spawns. My money is on extremely tough requiring more than just 40 people, lots of death, and so on. We do know that maintenance is going to be weekly, and seasons will change according to that schedule (subject to change like everything). If world bosses are node specific content you probably wouldn't see the triggers for them until at least level 5, possibly level 6 metro. That would be several months into the live launch, so they have a good timeframe to work on them to make them epic. One thing you won't see is wandering world bosses, unless they totally ignore what happened in WOW when they tried that with people dragging the boss onto capital cities.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFuBmkVvUTQ
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError I wouldn't mind seeing people trying to drag the boss into capital as it would be amusing and add to the stories that would come out about the game. Plus it isn't like they can't make adjustments where the boss just does X% more damage once it leaves from X distance from where it spawned. Throw in abilities that keeps the tank within distance and issue solved.  Just have to create a different rule set instead of doing copy pasta.
  • Options
    Tomoyuki said:
    @UnknownSystemError I wouldn't mind seeing people trying to drag the boss into capital as it would be amusing and add to the stories that would come out about the game. Plus it isn't like they can't make adjustments where the boss just does X% more damage once it leaves from X distance from where it spawned. Throw in abilities that keeps the tank within distance and issue solved.  Just have to create a different rule set instead of doing copy pasta.
    I tried to do this several times in Tera but the spawn radius always reset them. However there was an event they held a while ago where they pulled dungeon bosses into the "surface" world. That'd be a neat concept to see every now and then. 
  • Options
    Tomoyuki said:
    @Tomoyuki there will be plenty of world bosses that naturally spawn near nodes, as was shown in the last livestream :)

https://youtu.be/w8eehrdIIXI?t=2041