Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Questions

Simple title right but done before lol.
Anyways question 1. Rested exp- after logging out for the day/night can we earn rested exp after logging off in a Tavern/Node/Home?

Question 2. Node placement- from my understanding from the live streams we unlock nodes in a certain area after doing X but it seems to be placed for us, can there be a voting mech or how ever put the most time/effort make a suggestion for placement b/c i would love a Node right on the coast!

Question 3. Bards singing- Can we have bards sing as a type of cool emote/toy and able to put in our own lyrics? or maybe even while casting like a macro.

Question 4. Marcos- have not heard anything about this anyone know?

Question 5.  Tobacco pipes- Please can I have a Gandalf pipe when im sitting at home or a tavern.

Question 6. Guild Halls- Can we hang or decorate what we have acheved like downing a boss (able to Hang head/tooth/eye) something to show hey we did that, hang that really rare crafted item not the item its self but unlock-able look a like etc

Comments

• 1. Rested exp confirmed.

2. Nodes types and locations are set and are not player determined.

3. How bards will express skills and abilities has not been released or confirmed. Many types of emotes in game confirmed.

4. If you mean the ability to string two ability buttons together then probably since most mmo mouses allow you to do this anyways. If you are talking about automated actions that allow you to afk gather or perform, then no.

5. Mentioned they would like to see various cosmetic effects. But various countries have various laws concerning portrayal of tobacco. Doubt they will get their game slapped with an adult rating to limit their playerbase just to satisfy that cosmetic effect. Could be wrong.

6. Guild Halls confirmed. Ability to decorate them, at least by the guild leader, is definitely a given. Will function similar to freeholds and allow guilds to do all the guildy stuff they need to do decisionwise.
  • 1. Rested exp confirmed.

2. Nodes types and locations are set and are not player determined.

3. How bards will express skills and abilities has not been released or confirmed. Many types of emotes in game confirmed.

4. If you mean the ability to string two ability buttons together then probably since most mmo mouses allow you to do this anyways. If you are talking about automated actions that allow you to afk gather or perform, then no.

5. Mentioned they would like to see various cosmetic effects. But various countries have various laws concerning portrayal of tobacco. Doubt they will get their game slapped with an adult rating to limit their playerbase just to satisfy that cosmetic effect. Could be wrong.

6. Guild Halls confirmed. Ability to decorate them, at least by the guild leader, is definitely a given. Will function similar to freeholds and allow guilds to do all the guildy stuff they need to do decisionwise.
    well Tobacco isnt for only rated M unless they changed it.
  • What?!?! Since when does tobacco get an M rating?!?!? I am pretty sure that every hobbit who has ever lived either snorted, sniffed, or did all sorts of other things with it (I don't think they figured out a way to inject it) and that was rated PG-13!
  • And Ashes is a world wide product. Different countries have different standards. Last thing they want is to get banned by some overzealous legislature. (though the press would be fantastic to promote the game)
  • Yea but they can have that cut out on retail version, like how WoWs undead in china looks different.
  • Doomfett said:
    Yea but they can have that cut out on retail version, like how WoWs undead in china looks different.
    Thats what I thought. They could simply replace the animation with "nothing". Would be better than a lollipop xD
  • Or they could just not add it at all, bypassing the whole process. Time and money saved, other projects completed. 
  • Of course they couldn't add it at all. I would like to have it, but I probably wouldn't even notice if it wasn't there. I like to do RP, but now when I think about it I always emoted something like that in text, rather than having an animation for everything.
  • I was just kidding btw, should have added some smilies or something. I don't really care about tobacco but it would be nice if they included some "cosmetic" effects just to liven things up, it is supposed to be a Role-Playing game after all, maybe a nondescript tobacco-like hybrid
  • Tobacco might not be allowed due to already mentioned reasons but cosmetic effects have been confirmed so who knows whether or not something similar will exist, I must say a Gandalf pipe would be awesome to have :3