Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Skill Proficiency/ Skill Advancement

I think this is important as it separates certain, let's say, crafters and their abilities. Will there be skill proficiency in this game as far as anyone knows as of yet?

Comments

• There is an artisan tree that crafters get to put points in. There is a limited number of points to be earned so you will have to focus your points in one area to become the best at it.

http://www.aocwiki.net/Crafting

• It will be interesting to see how they do it - hopefully it will be a bit less tedious than ArcheAge; planting individual seedlings, until you hit so many thousand proficiency points to get bundles, got really old fast.
  • I doubt that there won't be enough points to max out more than one crafting tree, but well it would be fun to have crafters specialized in one single profession, doing so would allow the devs to make highest grade items made by players actually viable as proper high level gear.
  • I just remember back in the old Star War Galaxies days when godly crafters created your equipment with enhanced armor attributes that benefited their crafting ability and you as a buyer requesting said armor or weapon was an experience like no other. Before the CU (combat upgrade)...yes, yes...(enter ominous-glorius-adventure here) we all loved the fact that you as a combatant could look on the Bazaar and find a well known crafter to craft your legendary equipment. After questing and killing named bosses for loot that could potentially create your epic equipment, saving you some time/effort/and money looking for the attributed creature guts was enjoyable and rewarding. The skills you accepted in your skill tree were proficient in the amount of times you used that skill. Hopefully we will see something along these lines as it separates the men from the boys.
    Just my 2-cents though.
  • Perseus01 said:
    I just remember back in the old Star War Galaxies days when godly crafters created your equipment with enhanced armor attributes that benefited their crafting ability and you as a buyer requesting said armor or weapon was an experience like no other. Before the CU (combat upgrade)...yes, yes...(enter ominous-glorius-adventure here) we all loved the fact that you as a combatant could look on the Bazaar and find a well known crafter to craft your legendary equipment. After questing and killing named bosses for loot that could potentially create your epic equipment, saving you some time/effort/and money looking for the attributed creature guts was enjoyable and rewarding. The skills you accepted in your skill tree were proficient in the amount of times you used that skill. Hopefully we will see something along these lines as it separates the men from the boys.
    Just my 2-cents though.
    I would be 100% game for another SWG like crafting system.   This was the best crafting system by far in any MMORPG.   
  • @Perseus01Out of curiosity what do you think of the other mmo's crafting systems (Camelot UnChained or Crowfall)? I am not much into the pve aspects like crafting other then for a few years in Eve.
  • Tomoyuki said:
    @Perseus01Out of curiosity what do you think of the other mmo's crafting systems (Camelot UnChained or Crowfall)? I am not much into the pve aspects like crafting other then for a few years in Eve.
    I have never played those games. The most recent MMO that I have played was ESO and I didn't get enough time with that crafting system to even judge justifiably in relation to the entire game. I do remember finding it somewhat intriguing, but "chancy" at the same time.
  • I also hope they put in quests like the old days where to advance in skill you have to complete some quest in a dungeon for that proffesion.
  • Falmin said:
    I also hope they put in quests like the old days where to advance in skill you have to complete some quest in a dungeon for that proffesion.
    I loved those back in the Everquest 2 days, really gave you a sense of gaining more power.