Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Key Drawing Winners! (new entries system) Week 44

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited February 2018 in Key Drawings and Giveaways

Announcing The Winners of our weekly key drawings !!

@Armanite
@Ayurox
@Shadowfiend
@LordBeowulf
@maverikhunter

These awesome people all won access to the Alpha 0 testing phase.

Congratulations on the keys and thank you for registering to be a part of the Ashes of Creation community. The winners were selected from the Community utilizing the new entries system.

Want to win some keys for yourself? Don’t forget to sign up on the website so that you can be entered for the chance of a key next week!

Alpha-Keypng

Information Regarding Weekly Key Drawings

Comments

• Congratulations!
  • gz all
  • Very cool! Glad to see this caught back up!
  • Congratulations to the winners
  • Congrats winners!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    All those active people that participate in the community.  That continually post on the forums, and the guys that want to double down on bugs vs griefing. 

Then we get participants like this. @Belle-bot.exe ♡
    Really?
    Xombie  said:
    Community activity and merit don't matter anymore, when active members were getting hand picked, the community decided it was all personal bias and rigged. They need to find a healthy medium, but they also can't expect to satisfy everyone.

• Fooshyy said:
    All those active people that participate in the community.  That continually post on the forums, and the guys that want to double down on bugs vs griefing. 

Then we get participants like this. @Belle-bot.exe ♡
    Really?

Community activity and merit don't matter anymore, when active members were getting hand picked, the community decided it was all personal bias and rigged. They need to find a healthy medium, but they also can't expect to satisfy everyone.
  • breaks my heart to see that.
  • Nice 
  • Congratulations.
  • hmmmmm
  • Congrats to the winners!!

• Congratulations guys :3
  • Congrats :)

• Congrats.

• Grats All
  • I never thought I would have a chance at a key considering my lack of involvement in the forums and discord.  This new round of winners gives me hope that I can continue to be absent from both and still have a chance to win. 
  • Congratulation :smiley:
  • hmm there seems to be an issue... I haven't won yet :tongue:
  • Congratulations everyone, and good luck to the rest of us!
  • Congrats
  • congrats all
  • @Fooshyy
    I find your childish comment amusing and toxic. But you still gave me a good chuckle. Perhaps if you whine a little more the developers will take notice and promote you to King of the Forums. Good luck with that. In the mean time I'll continue to monitor the Forums and stay up to date with content. Just not yours. Obviously the money I invested in the development of the game did not qualify me for entrance into a random drawing in your opinion. Which is another reason I cannot take you serious. Good Luck King of the forum posts.
  • Grats
    edited February 2018
    @Fooshyy
    I find your childish comment amusing and toxic. But you still gave me a good chuckle. Perhaps if you whine a little more the developers will take notice and promote you to King of the Forums. Good luck with that. In the mean time I'll continue to monitor the Forums and stay up to date with content. Just not yours. Obviously the money I invested in the development of the game did not qualify me for entrance into a random drawing in your opinion. Which is another reason I cannot take you serious. Good Luck King of the forum posts.
    ?Okay.. So. People that have been sitting in the Discord and Forums for months, daily on and off don't get Access- while people make an account a DAY before Access is given out. Even  the people that made an account a MONTH before the pulling, get Access to Alpha 0.   I Reckon there are a bunch of people that did spend a $1,000 on the game, and that would love to Help the Development process of the game. 

The people that are Active don't get access, even after spending money.  While you got 1 dayers, and 1 monthers  getting pulled for Alpha 0.
    Okay.

ᴳᶫᵃᵈ ᶦ'ᵐ ᵃᶫʳᵉᵃᵈʸ ᶦᶰ ᵗʰᵉ ᴬ⁰

For my saltfactor; They marketed the game with "Donate to get access to Alpha 0" - "Pre-Order to have RNG to Alpha 0" .. It fucked this community to hell because everyone forgets that this is  all about Technical testing.
  • That’s the thing about RNG, though. It doesn’t care how long you’ve been here. It rolls based on what the current lineup is and so every person has a similar chance (give or take for the Kickstarter and store packs boosts) to be the lucky winner. Look at the lottery, as a good example. A man can spend his fortune and never win, while a first-timer can scratch the winning ticket. Just how the game goes. 

As someone who has been around since the Kickstarter I’d certainly like a key, but I don’t hold it against the mods for how the die roll. 

I just think arguing about the results of a random number generator is somewhat like punching a brick wall to break it down: you could do it, but it’s gonna be time consuming and hurt you more than the wall.

Anyway I just saw this and decided to give my two cents, so take it as you will. Congrats to the winners, I hope you enjoy your time in alpha!
  • Yeah they decided to go full RNG.. I don't like it, but it is going to hurt them more than anyone else.

If 80% of their RNG keys are going out to people with little to no interest in the game and just threw in a few bucks to get some backer rewards on a chance it turns into something they like. I mean they could give keys to people that stop buy every day or several times a week to see what's going on and socialize with those they will be playing with down the road. *shrug*

I'll eventually get to play and I'd love to contribute to the development of the game in my tiny way but if they want to give them to dead/dormant accounts then I'll just play something else.
  • GZ all :) 
    edited February 2018
    Loyheta said:
    Yeah they decided to go full RNG.. I don't like it, but it is going to hurt them more than anyone else.

If 80% of their RNG keys are going out to people with little to no interest in the game and just threw in a few bucks to get some backer rewards on a chance it turns into something they like. I mean they could give keys to people that stop buy every day or several times a week to see what's going on and socialize with those they will be playing with down the road. *shrug*

I'll eventually get to play and I'd love to contribute to the development of the game in my tiny way but if they want to give them to dead/dormant accounts then I'll just play something else.
    That’s the thing about RNG, though. It doesn’t care how long you’ve been here. It rolls based on what the current lineup is and so every person has a similar chance (give or take for the Kickstarter and store packs boosts) to be the lucky winner. Look at the lottery, as a good example. A man can spend his fortune and never win, while a first-timer can scratch the winning ticket. Just how the game goes. 

As someone who has been around since the Kickstarter I’d certainly like a key, but I don’t hold it against the mods for how the die roll. 

I just think arguing about the results of a random number generator is somewhat like punching a brick wall to break it down: you could do it, but it’s gonna be time consuming and hurt you more than the wall.

Anyway I just saw this and decided to give my two cents, so take it as you will. Congrats to the winners, I hope you enjoy your time in alpha!
    Even in an RNG sense,  thousands of accounts were being made just to increase chances of getting Alpha 0 Access.  Steven said that the keys are being pulled to people that are being active. 

ACTIVE Definition:
    'doing things for an organization, cause, or campaign, rather than simply giving it one's support' - '(of a person) engaging or ready to engage in physically energetic pursuits'

These are not actively engaged accounts, Sure the few! no doubt.  

You don't even have to spend $ to get access.  I'm just complaining that they should of done this differently, and  dislike the choices they are making.  

It's RNG - it seems fair. It really isn't because of people making a bunch of accounts, or whatever nonsense.

Click for larger image

Remember; Keys were drawn on the 14th - and yeah, we'll prob see some hand picked keys upcoming in a few weeks.
This discussion has been closed.