Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Anticipation is keeping me waiting...

So, like the title suggests, I’m highly anticipating AOC’s release this year. Personally, I’m a longtime WoW player (10+ years) and I’ve reached my end with it. It’s time to move on. I’ve been playing other games lately–GuildWars2, ElderScrollsOnline, ArcheAge, Game Of Thrones–but, none of them are really holding my interest very well. So, I’ve gone searching and stumbled across Ashes Of Creation and I have to say, I’m hooked. Shut up and take my money kinda hooked. I’ve planned out an extra $500 spending cash next month that the wife doesn’t know about (shh, don’t tell!) and I’ll be throwing that money at AOC then. It’ll be good to be on board with such an incredible game!

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    I hear that.  :)  Welcome.  Hold onto your money to try to get at least an Alpha 2 package!  

Also, check out the discord at:  https://discord.gg/AshesOfCreation
  • Welcome to the community! hopefully i see u in alpha :smile:

• Welcome @Lochlan! ^^
  • haha same here buddy, welcome to the community!
  • Welcome to the community.
  • Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Welcome to the forums :3
  • Welcome to the community, what your wife doesn't know won't hurt her, well until she sees the bank statement :wink:
  • Welcome to the party! 
  • Welcome @Lochlan I know the feeling of looking for a new game to hold your interest. I played wow for years and couple others but just haven’t been enthralled with any game for a long time. Cheers here to a new hope lol my hubby is on board with  me dropping $ on the backing package good luck with the wife. Speaking from experience we can smell fear lol 
  • Welcome to the community any questions just ask we are all happy to help 
  • Thanks for all the welcoming words, everyone. Hurry up, AOC, I'm dying to play!
  • Lochlan said:
    So, like the title suggests, I’m highly anticipating AOC’s release this year. Personally, I’m a longtime WoW player (10+ years) and I’ve reached my end with it. It’s time to move on. I’ve been playing other games lately–GuildWars2, ElderScrollsOnline, ArcheAge, Game Of Thrones–but, none of them are really holding my interest very well. So, I’ve gone searching and stumbled across Ashes Of Creation and I have to say, I’m hooked. Shut up and take my money kinda hooked. I’ve planned out an extra $500 spending cash next month that the wife doesn’t know about (shh, don’t tell!) and I’ll be throwing that money at AOC then. It’ll be good to be on board with such an incredible game!
    I know how you feel. I stopped playing Rift a bit more than a year ago when they let PvP balance go to hell, and I haven't found anything worth sinking time or money into since.

That also means that I haven't spent any serious money on gaming over the last year. As such, my wife didn't have much issue with me putting $500 down on the intrepid package.

It also helped that my birthday is coming up, so I could just tell her to consider the purchase my birthday gift. :D
  • Welcome to Ashes!!!