Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

We are thirsty

Click bait kinda, but its a ref to content droughts. So far games have been bad about giving out content when players need it the most while either waiting on a Ex pack or next best thing. So with AoC this will take a while to happen but i fear can still happen. Look at the pros and Cons.

Pros- Working on Nodes, Crafting, Raiding,Arenas,Housing,and Sieges oh almost forgot alts (tons of classes to try) 

Cons-Running out of things to craft, Sieges can only happen so often, Nodes will max out in the world, not throwing in Raiding into cons yet b/c we dont know much about them yet other than open world(which to me open world raids not world bosses is a con its self).

I have faith in AoC and the game but this has been a big a mean BIG problem in MMOs waiting on something new or something to look forward to doing when released. I think 5 months between patches is a good number to give us something new to strive towards a new crafting recipe or a new raid/dungeon, new battle ground, hell new race or class something that can keep us going after we complete all nodes and crafting which seems like the main focus of this game.

Anyone else have this fear?

Keep the Community great AoC!

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    They have stated before their timeline for pushing out content. Not patches, but content. The current plan is smaller content updates every 4-6 weeks, and a larger content drop quarterly. This will not be expansions like some themepark mmos out there try to get you to pay $40-$60 for. All dlc are free as part of your sub. Does this mean that they won't do large, server changing content? No. But you will see more frequent, smaller "chunks" of content that should keep even the most linear "I ONLY do arenas!! Why no more arena content!!" fans from quibbling. The discord quotes that support everything I just typed are out there as are two relevant livestreams where they discuss content drops. Maybe someone will be nice and link them.

Kandy was nice enough to find this one so I didn't have to go hunting.

Ugh...that did not translate over from Discord like I hoped. So here is the link to the direct quote. Timestamp 10:00
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=3UIqmWTGZ2k

• Were you lonely for Valentine's Day?~ 
    =p

Jokes aside I think adding Oceanic and Underground content leaves a bazillion ways they can expand things. Just add a new cave or island!
  • They have stated before their timeline for pushing out content. Not patches, but content. The current plan is smaller content updates every 4-6 weeks, and a larger content drop quarterly. This will not be expansions like some themepark mmos out there try to get you to pay $40-$60 for. All dlc are free as part of your sub. Does this mean that they won't do large, server changing content? No. But you will see more frequent, smaller "chunks" of content that should keep even the most linear "I ONLY do arenas!! Why no more arena content!!" fans from quibbling. The discord quotes that support everything I just typed are out there as are two relevant livestreams where they discuss content drops. Maybe someone will be nice and link them.

Kandy was nice enough to find this one so I didn't have to go hunting.

Ugh...that did not translate over from Discord like I hoped. So here is the link to the direct quote. Timestamp 10:00

Now only we knew how many raids/ how many will be dropped in those amount of weeks.
  • Every single MMO ever developed claims they will release content quickly enough to satisfy demand. It should be no surprise AoC claims they will do the same.

No game has ever succeeded in producing enough PvE content to satisfy the appetite of players, and it would be foolish to expect AoC to be any different.

The good news is that "content" in PvP games tends to be player driven. Players will be killing each other and destroying/defending nodes on a consistent basis (hopefully), so that's where the majority of the action will be found. 
  • Its nearly impossible to keep up new content with the hardcore crowd that you find in the MMORPG genre, but in AoC I hope the player driven content will fill those voids between those content updates. 
  • I 100% agree with @Cambiguous, just because some players rush content doesn't mean everyone does. If someone can't wait 4-5 months for a "major" content release then, personally, I think they have much bigger problems.

Now, having to wait a year or more could be painful for the most casual player too.
  • Kandy was nice enough to find this one so I didn't have to go hunting.

Let me fix those for you, quote found from HERE

And video link https://youtu.be/3UIqmWTGZ2k?t=10m

Thank you for using my business.
    That'll be $27.99, you can pay via credit card or Paypal.