Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Full /Partial Corpse Loot PVP

I'd play if you can loot players.

Comments

• As this part of the forums is for design discussion, I'd like to ask:
    * Can you loot everything?
    * Is there a way to protect yourself from this looting? (item or enchantment that protects from looting)
    * Would this also make it so you can loot city-guards (if thats a thing)?
  • Maybe you would play, but think about all the other people that work hard to get something just to get it stolen by another player that just joined, or something along those lines. I definitely wouldn't log on again... But maybe more hardcore players would.

I dont think this would be new player friendly but... It still needs polishing!

Cheers!
  • Full Pvp looting is absurd in this day and age. People invest alot of time gathering the gear they need to explore and become sucessful in the world. Some of us actually have jobs and mortgages and cant play all day ganking people for gear. Way too punitive
  • I think full/partial corpse loot PvP can be implemented well unless set out from the beginning with that in mind. In games like Albion it means your gear has only small gains every tier. Whereas in something like most MMO's a few levels difference means your gear could outclass the previously set completely (excluding legendaries, epics, mythics, ETC).

IF there were to be any form of full or partial corpse loot I would suspect the items that can be looted are relatively easy to acquire in the first place. If gear is done that way then the stat differences between gear levels would be a slow incline similar to Albion so that way only losing the top tiers would really mean anything. Losing even a medium to low high level of gear is easily obtainable within an hour of work afterwards.
  • [quote quote=1333]I think full/partial corpse loot PvP can be implemented well unless set out from the beginning with that in mind. In games like Albion it means your gear has only small gains every tier. Whereas in something like most MMO’s a few levels difference means your gear could outclass the previously set completely (excluding legendaries, epics, mythics, ETC).

IF there were to be any form of full or partial corpse loot I would suspect the items that can be looted are relatively easy to acquire in the first place. If gear is done that way then the stat differences between gear levels would be a slow incline similar to Albion so that way only losing the top tiers would really mean anything. Losing even a medium to low high level of gear is easily obtainable within an hour of work afterwards.

[/quote]
    This makes a lot of sense actually, I was quite unbiased before. Now I'm definately against it, I wan't the feeling of getting that one really good loot piece, that doesnt really fit the rest of your set :)