Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Cosmetic Spells

Every ones fav thing about mmos these days cosmetic stuff and lets talk about what you guys would like to see color of the spell, animation, what ever the case may be. For me Shamans who possibly could summon Elementals and maybe having them look different like have a blue flame elemental instead of red. Or when a rogue goes stealth he does a ninja vanish and smoke appears. When a priest uses the ult ability he/she turns into a demon instead with dark black beam with red outline spells. 

Oh also Cash shop? In Game only? Both? ( to get these new looking goodies)

Keep the Community strong AoC!  

Comments

• They have said that summons will reflect the race of the caster and will be skinnable. So you can bet there will be cosmetic shop and in-game options for both. There are many different kinds of cosmetics planned for all sorts of things. The trick for them will to be able to achieve balance so the customer base feels that there is enough value in their sub vs having to buy from the cosmetic shop. We know certain things like different colored spell effects are coming, because they already offered them as package rewards during KS.
  • They have said that summons will reflect the race of the caster and will be skinnable. So you can bet there will be cosmetic shop and in-game options for both. There are many different kinds of cosmetics planned for all sorts of things. The trick for them will to be able to achieve balance so the customer base feels that there is enough value in their sub vs having to buy from the cosmetic shop. We know certain things like different colored spell effects are coming, because they already offered them as package rewards during KS.
    thats great but what would you like to see?

• I would like to see flame tipped hair, foggy footsteps, or maybe clothes that blow in the wind depending on the main attack spell equipped or the ultimate.
  • I would definitely like to see bright, dynamic and sharp effects for the Tank archetype and subsequent classes; like an undulating particle effect that follows the arc of your weapon/shield.

I feel like tanks get ignored all to often when it comes to skill effects. As for the animations I think they should remain consistent (especially for PvP).