Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Urban or rural

I'm undecided myself, so I figured I'd see how everyone else was feeling. Will you be calling a metropolis home or a smaller node or try to find something for yourself away from any town. 

Comments

• I think I'd like something in the middle :) It would feel more personal and "home". 
  • Sadly you can't breed creatures with lots of people around as they usually complain...and get very soggy...
  • To become king... of the pirates. 
  • Narys said:
    Sadly you can't breed creatures with lots of people around as they usually complain...and get very soggy...
    How will folks find your stable to purchase a creature it two?  Or are you keeping them to yourself?
  • zazukeys said:
    To become king... of the pirates. 
    King of pirates sounds like a precarious position.  You will be stealing money from your citizens who are violent thieves. 
  • Show off everything you got ;)
  • Althor said:
    Narys said:
    Sadly you can't breed creatures with lots of people around as they usually complain...and get very soggy...
    How will folks find your stable to purchase a creature it two?  Or are you keeping them to yourself?
    I'll certainly be bringing them into town from time to time for selling.
  • Narys said:

I have heard numerous stories about people complaining about animal cruelty because people where weaning their calves/kids (baby goats)/etc
  • She’s just a small-town girl living in a lonely world
  • tugowar said:
    She’s just a small-town girl living in a lonely world
    Wait... So the city you want to emulate is South Detroit?

•  Without Detroit, we would not have Eminem.
  • tugowar said:
     Without Detroit, we would not have Eminem.
    So we teleport it to Verra as punishment?
  • This will do me nicely. Wake up to a nice view and be part of nature. 

• A nice farm in the middle of nowhere.  Drop by for tea sometime. :)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Narys said:
    Althor said:
    Narys said:
    I'll certainly be bringing them into town from time to time for selling.
    Makes me wonder if you can get creatures into a caravan

Or if there will be a herding mechanism
  • What i am really hoping for is that the towns feel that someone is actually living there - not just a big stack of Pyramids - i specifically liked Stormwind in WoW because (even though it was a bit lifeless in some quarters) you had the feeling that the city is built to house people.
  • Coastal, nide size doesn't matter, it's all about location.
  • Oban said:
    What i am really hoping for is that the towns feel that someone is actually living there - not just a big stack of Pyramids - i specifically liked Stormwind in WoW because (even though it was a bit lifeless in some quarters) you had the feeling that the city is built to house people.
    I am hoping for an organic feel as well. I didn't play Ally much till after cata, but I can't imagine it was fun to get around before flight since it was so sprawling, which is my main worry about a metropolis. I think I'm leaning small town and try not to help it level

• Small Town..Just like i have IRL :) 
  • Big city cause why not you have a giant player made city and not just some already in-game city that will get boring over time
  • Something about big cities just awes me, spent most of the time in the big cities during my time in BDO for that same reason!
  • The world is my home.  
  • @Sw684 lots of mosquito in that swamp...
  • No fixed abode for me either....too busy adventuring from one corner of verra to the other. Maybe I will get old and settle down with someone one day :p
  • @Rune_Relic @CylverRayne

Do you plan on playing in groups it crafting at all? They are my main reasons for not being to interested in a wandering playstyle .
  • Sw684 said:

Oh that looks so nice.. :D 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    @TexTHKM don't look like much but the view is amazing from up here. It nice keeping to my self no political stuff like the towns and citys you are free and do what you want. If you like I can help and build a house on the other side of the river.  :D;)
  • Sw684 said:
    @TexTHKM don't look like much but the view is amazing from up here. It nice keeping to my self no political stuff like the towns and citys you are free and do what you want. If you like I can help and build a house on the other side of the river.  :D;)

haha sounds nice! Always good to have a place away from the city with all the noise and such... :)