Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Considering a pre-order

Hello all,

I've been following the game for a year or so but a few months ago i fell of the track.

How is the development going? I've been following a few other "similar" games and most of them are at a very dire stage - a lot of bugs, glitches, lag, desync and almost no communication from the devs. Oh, and for some reason, a very-very aggressive community that bashes each other.

I only see weekly/daily key drawings and nothing else. I couldn't really find info on a road map - Alpha - Beta stages etc.

I read something about animal husbandry and combining different animals. Does this mean that players will be able to tame animals?

I love this genre and i would love to test and play the game as well.

Comments

• Q: When will Ashes of Creation launch?
    • A: We will see several Phases of Alpha and Beta leading up to launch:
    • Alpha 0 is scheduled for December 15, 2017. This is the raffle only Alpha that will
      also grant access to some media and influencers. This Alpha is invite only.
    • Alpha 1 and 2 is scheduled all throughout 2018. This is for Kickstarter and Summer backers as well as PAX Package purchases-Phase 2.
    • Beta is targeted to begin at the end of 2018 or the beginning of 2019.
    • Release estimate is "before 2020".

• I read something about animal husbandry and combining different animals. Does this mean that players will be able to tame animals?

Yes you will be able to tame and combine animals found in the wild to create new breeds with new appearances and statistics :)

https://wiki.ashesofcommunity.com/wiki/Animal_husbandry
  • lexmax said:

I read something about animal husbandry and combining different animals. Does this mean that players will be able to tame animals?

Yes you will be able to tame and combine animals found in the wild to create new breeds with new appearances and statistics :)

Sadly, is says you won't be able to breed a dragon. I would have loved to have a dragon+sheep cross breed... Which would result in either small sheps with dragon wings or fluffy giant dragons. Hilarious!
  • lexmax said:

Sadly, is says you won't be able to breed a dragon. I would have loved to have a dragon+sheep cross breed... Which would result in either small sheps with dragon wings or fluffy giant dragons. Hilarious!
    You won't be able to breed the special dragon mounts, but there may be other dragon or dragon-like creatures that can be cross-bred?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    lexmax said:
    lexmax said:

You won't be able to breed the special dragon mounts, but there may be other dragon or dragon-like creatures that can be cross-bred?
    You're my special dragon @lexmax

• Karthos said:
    lexmax said:
    lexmax said:

You're my special dragon @lexmax

Can I pet your "special dragon" @Karthos?
  • Pet sure, but sadly no breeding :disappointed:
  • Hmmm, where do you get that info? I mean, why do you think there will be other non-special dragons and dragon-like creature? Or is it just speculation?
    edited February 2018
    Hey...

So if the Alpha will persist until launch (whatever that means..) why are there Beta keys and Alpha 1, Alpha 2 keys?

Can you explain a little bit? Does it mean people will be able to play/test on the Alpha servers all the time until launch? Or what?

EDIT: Oh, okay, I understand. It will be a separate Alpha than the others. Dunno how you will be able to tell them apart but still.
    edited February 2018
    There will be down time between the phases. If you watch the Feb livestream (oops...might be Jan 2108) they go into detail about how they see it working. Alpha 1 will be up and down all the time as updates are applied. Once they get it past that phase Alpha 2 will attempt to stay up 24/7 not just during west coast office hours(thus persistent). Beta 0 will get snuck in there probably on its own server right at the end of Alpha 2 and the beginning of Beta 1. Beta 1 will have multiple servers including those from Alpha 2, and Beta 2 will blend from Beta 1. How will you tell them apart? There are going to be wipes. Not just at the end of testing, but during testing, there will be builds where they wipe everything and allow everyone back at max level with free gear to test end game content, sieges, and other targeted mechanics. Then it will be wiped again. People who are used to Steam early access games being sold by developers as "get it out the door, we need the money now" that never wipe because they have sold p2w products in their game, so they let the game just "evolve" into live are going to be shocked when their pre-conceived notions of how "alpha and beta" work, don't turn out.
  • It says that the persistent Alpha will be available through the crowd sourcing, but then again i don't see it in the description of any of the pre-order packages. Or are they not considered crowd sourcing?
    edited February 2018
    You got it. Kickstarter and the Summer backing that immediately followed it are considered "crowd-sourcing". Everything that comes off of their main page now is not. People get hung up on "persistent", all it means is they are going to attempt to have them up 24/7 from alpha 2 onwards. Will they succeed? We have yet to see.
    Found the latest "persistent". Timestamp 25:28
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1495&v=evmT25JzY1k
  • You got it. Kickstarter and the Summer backing that immediately followed it are considered "crowd-sourcing". Everything that comes off of their main page now is not. People get hung up on "persistent", all it means is they are going to attempt to have them up 24/7 from alpha 2 onwards. Will they succeed? We have yet to see.
    Of course they do. People would be much more inclined to buy into an Alpha/Beta if they know it will be (potentially) up 24/7 until launch instead of 1 week from 5 to 10 PM.

Alright, i will be watching close for any date announcements. I guess they will publish them on the official Discord as well. Thanks for the information and confirming my theory.