Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

New art released (02/24/2018)

New art just got posted by @GMSteven what do you guys think it could be?

Comments

• Personally, i think it may have to do with the source of the corruption that spread throughout the land..... maybe a meteor?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Corruption egg world boss. Make an omelette.
    One of the 6 known player gods is a phoenix. Crack for node revival.
  • I'll go with the egg, too.  Exploding egg. Prepare for a heavy breakfast.
  • I reaaally hope that is an entrance to a high-level raid.. Something like Molten-Core would be awesome. Maybe you could be fighting one of the things that spread the corruption throughout Vera?
  • If it is an egg, I can't wait to see the size of the thing that laid it!
    edited February 2018
    Creepy....but looks an awesome setting too. Part foreboding to stay away....part enticing to investigate.

Easter is coming ;)
  • Creepy....but looks an awesome setting too. Part foreboding to stay away....part enticing to investigate.

Easter is coming ;)

So is April 1st... oh wait
  • 1. super rare mineral node (rock) uncovered after earthquake (or after meteorite hit). Several guilds already rushing to mine it, armed to the teeth, ready to fight the competitors to the death for this super rare resource.

2. World boss egg, soon to hatch and to lay waste to the zone. Run for your life! (or get ready to recieve some bruises)

3. Dragon egg, whoever discovers it first, or survives the battle (if more people ran across it around the same time) gets his own dragon flying mount when it hatches.

I'm actually leaning towards number 3 here.

• If you look closely, it looks like a clearish gray stream is coming off of it and running around it.  It also looks like there is lava splashing up above it and on it.

edited February 2018
    Creepy....but looks an awesome setting too. Part foreboding to stay away....part enticing to investigate.

Easter is coming ;)

So is April 1st... oh wait
    ??? Easter egg matey. A time of rebirth and resurrection, or a time of total annihilation like after a great easter flood. It is also the time of creation in many religions.

Did you know the original Easter egg was based on a 3:4:5 triangles to create stone circles ? That the light at dawn on the spring equinox  would rise perfectly to cardinal east and create a rainbow whose elevation would be a 3:4:5 triangle and within those raindrops would be a perfect square of blue light within the sphere of water. ;)

Squaring the circle has a lot to answer for as I stare upon a bloody moon.
  • A sphere of some kind. Surrounded by rock structured in what seems like a grassy area.

When I read your comment about the corrupted sphere that's what I thought too but idk. wouldn't the land around it look more dead if it was? Of course I could be wrong haha. One can only guess.

I do think the sphere has some kind of important role. A portal? a source of energy? Is it really an omlette? 
  • Not an egg. Looks like a rock that has come to life. I think it had been there a while then started burning. It had overgrowth on it.
  • A nature like womb filled with a growing pure evil...
  • Could also be something like a fire altar that has been sleeping because of lack of offerings. 
  • Well judging by the story it crashed out of the heavens, releasing something that forced most to leave Verra through the portals. Now with the races returning to Verra I suspect whatever crashed will reawaken, but what will it be.
  • Definately looks like an egg to me :3 maybe a phoenix egg :o
    edited February 2018
    @Varkun, do you have a link to said story?
    I have not read, or do not remember, that particular bit about why everyone fled Verra (or went underground).
    If that is the story, that sounds very likely and related to what Shunex posted as well.
  • @Azathoth here you go was linked by Steven a few hours ago on discord and is here on the blog.
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/dillias-diary/

edited February 2018
    perhaps something like the eye of Magnus instead it fell from the sky.  A weapon of the gods ?