Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will Guild Halls have housing for members?

We will have guild Halls, and of course those castles. I am just wondering will we see an option to have housing within the walls of the guild Hall?

IMO maybe it can work like apartments in the towns, and nothing more.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Very good question and it would be quite an added function for guilds for members who don't have their own property.
  • If instanced housing wont be rationed in a node to force the mayor to choose between modules by sacrifice and gains....
    ...sounds like a great idea to me as long as it doesnt bypass the housing system and works with it.
    i.e no instanced housing or freehold if you become resident within a guild hall.
  • Hmmm...we do know that mayors have to approve placement of guildhalls. So if they were to offer instanced housing inside guild halls, the rent/fees would need to go to the node and not guild coffers. As the mayor, why would I want people in direct competition with my in-node apartments if I wasn't going to collect revenue on them. True, a guild could have a member as mayor and get their approval that way, but ultimately it will all come down to if they see a need. Since we know apartments will be an optional build at level 4 and unlimited in number (not freeholds or in-town housing) why would they add that extra layer. They want people to be interacting outside their rigid clique groups, so making everyone access their apartment from in town will at least guarantee foot traffic. They definitely don't want to see FFXIV style stuff where people just log in and out daily at their guildhall and never have a reason to roam.
  • @UnknownSystemError
    ..good points about the revenue stream too.
  • I really like the idea of having housing in guild halls, it does make a lot of sense considering that guilds should have a sense of integrity but since all node citizens have to pay regualr tax it would need a solution to work around that :3
  • Guild perk maybe?
  • This OP got me thinking of a system being implemented that is inspired from log horizon and how the guild halls work in that series. Would be an interesting take on Guild Halls especially when you combine that with the node system.
  • I have not heard of guild housing within guild halls being mentioned but I think it'd be a cool option :) Of course that'd be up to Intrepid Studios.
  • I can see this as an instanced housing.

I'm however a lot more attracted to a guild open world housing, guild members having plots of land together in a same area.
  • From the 28 July 2017 livestream:
    Question: Jeff made a reference to guild housing in the DJ Tech live QA does this refer to the existing types of guild structures such as guild halls fortresses and castles or does this refer to guild owned player housing?

Answer: The former not the letter yeah sometimes I get a little bit sloppy with my language but yeah when I when I say guild housing I'm generally referring to guild halls so yeah right okay sorry for any confusion

https://youtu.be/rx6xdibiRIk?t=1088
  • lexmax said:
    From the 28 July 2017 livestream:
    Question: Jeff made a reference to guild housing in the DJ Tech live QA does this refer to the existing types of guild structures such as guild halls fortresses and castles or does this refer to guild owned player housing?

Answer: The former not the letter yeah sometimes I get a little bit sloppy with my language but yeah when I when I say guild housing I'm generally referring to guild halls so yeah right okay sorry for any confusion
    https://youtu.be/rx6xdibiRIk?t=1088
    Hell yeas
  • Gothix said:
    I can see this as an instanced housing.

I'm however a lot more attracted to a guild open world housing, guild members having plots of land together in a same area.
    I like that idea, neighborhood guilds sorta. I don't love the idea of instanced housing unless the world is not big enough for the population
  • Very interesting concept. I see some problems with this being a headache, what happens to guilds who are disbanded or have inactivity.  Over due taxes.  Those players could potentially be forced out of their homes with an inventory full of housing items. 
  • makinoji said:
    Very interesting concept. I see some problems with this being a headache, what happens to guilds who are disbanded or have inactivity.  Over due taxes.  Those players could potentially be forced out of their homes with an inventory full of housing items. 

In a case like this, maybe all your items go into a holding area. There it waits until you remove it, or set it up in a new guild. I wouldn't see this as a major issue, seeing how we will have something like it in place within the regular system. Example being you have a house in a level 3 town, but if the level 3 town gets knocked back 1 level, there goes your place. Am I wrong on this?
  • It was already confirmed that when you lose your freehold all your "stuff" gets mailed to you, so you don't lose the stuff.

The same would happen if you got kicked from guild, or guild got disbanded, while having housing in guild halls.

That being said, there was no official talk about guild halls housing yet, so for now "it does not exist".
  • Also seems very reasonable to have housing and workshops in the guildhalls if the guild spends their points that way. So instead of 300 members  a guild could have 60 but they each get an apartment and there is a forge inside.