Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

March developer update!

Wonderful Ashlings!

Today you'll have received an email from Intrepid Studio's about recent development progress!

It has easy access to the latest blogs, video's and an IGN article with addition previews of alpha 0!

There is also a little bit of info about the store!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Comments

• Yep, so depending on your timezone we should see the new cosmetics today or tomorrow. Once they give a date for something they have hit is so far.
  • would be nice if you can see what the next cosmetics bündle will be so you can decide in wich month you want to buy
  • From a sales standpoint on their end why would they want to do that? They want you to see the current cosmetics, buy your package because you think you might want them, and then the next month when you see more you just must have, buy those separately too. Not look at this months and next months and think, "Ohhh, the next month's are going to be more of a look I want to have in game, so I will hold onto my cash till those come out." Remember, all of it is purely cosmetic stuff, it all comes down to what you think you "must have."
  • is there an option to buy a RL house maid yet?
  • i don't mean to be a Debbie downer but isn't it a little silly to pay for access to something that literally doesn't even really exist yet?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    Telonius said:
    i don't mean to be a Debbie downer but isn't it a little silly to pay for access to something that literally doesn't even really exist yet?

uhu. But these are actually ways to co fund the game in development with no subscription as of yet.
    I can understand the kick-starting as you are making an investment into the company in good faith with no guarantee of success. I can even understand the merchandise as you actually get something material for cash to wear.
    But paying a fortune for cosmetics and mounts with no game to play them in, smacks of star citizenship to me.
  • would be nice if you can see what the next cosmetics bündle will be so you can decide in wich month you want to buy
    waiting for the store to.
  • Very cool newsletter.  Thanks for the update.
  • Yeah the email was okay, but not what I was wanting.. Back to waiting for that email to let me know I can now reserve my character nameeee.. :c 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    I didn't receive any emails. Please, what did I miss?

Edit: I got a friend to forward the newsletter to me. Looks like I missed nothing that I haven't already watched like 3 times... because I'm a nerd...
  • From a sales standpoint on their end why would they want to do that? They want you to see the current cosmetics, buy your package because you think you might want them, and then the next month when you see more you just must have, buy those separately too. Not look at this months and next months and think, "Ohhh, the next month's are going to be more of a look I want to have in game, so I will hold onto my cash till those come out." Remember, all of it is purely cosmetic stuff, it all comes down to what you think you "must have."
    I know and understand what you mean but a lot of Players are  like "hmm i dont know should i wait ?" bc 75 /150 /500 Dollars is a lot so you could give them a bit more controll about the handling and to give the custom a feel of controll is very imortant when you want to sell something.
  • Never gotten anykind email, if you happened to send some.
  • I haven’t seen an email either.
  • @Paha @Neffers

Sometimes the emails end up in junk/spam folders! Please check these! You can also do a search for "Intrepid Studios, community@intrepidstudios.com to help locate the email!

If you have trouble finding it someone made a pastebin of the newsletter: https://pastebin.com/nMcQhuRb
  • There isn't any art for the Add Ons. I've been waiting forever
  • @sunfrog
    I know it's a long wait but Intrepid have not forgotten! They will have them up when they can!
  • sunfrog said:
    There isn't any art for the Add Ons. I've been waiting forever
    It really doesn't matter. We know that the art work will be just a rough sketch of what they possibly might look like. The Stuffertons bear has Steven admitting that the artwork they are giving may only be a rough idea of what they will look like. So for most of them you should be able to figure it out. "Midnight Mare" expect a black horse, and so on. Like many things in this game development, they don't answer questions about various mechanics because they just don't know themselves yet. At the bottom of this quote he basically admits that all of the artwork is placeholder and what it is really going to look like hasn't even been worked on yet.

From Steven on March 15th in "Breaking Immersion" thread.
    "I am pretty big on immersion, but relying on trust from the community that all assets in-game will conform to an immersive atmosphere is probably not the best approach given the history of mmorpg's over the past so many years. It is also difficult to give in-game representations of cosmetics because our production at the moment is on getting Alpha 1 ready.  Cosmetics are scheduled to be worked on just before launch of the game."

This discussion has been closed.