Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The World We Are Coming From

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited December 2017 in Ashes of Creation Lore
I was going back through the live stream from today and was reading the quest text that Steven was skipping through and noticed that the quest giver Sergeant Landry said the name of a place....

I think Sanctus might be the name of the world that we are coming from. The world we escaped to all those years ago. If I am guessing right.

Comments

• Nice one, i wonder what Stevens response to this will be.  >:)
  • I just heard that they might have used faulty lore for the Alpha zero so no one would figure out anything so...its possible I may have found nothing. :(
  • Even having a name is better than nothing. My fingers are twitching to write up character backstories for this game...
  • Pooka can't say "coming back" means everybody....The Tulnar are technically still there...just very far underground.
  • You are right; it does not mean everybody. It does mean about 70ish% of us if the current poll that has been going around is any indicator.

I wish we had more backstory from the world we escaped to. The only reason I have avoiding doing anything with fan stories is because we know next to nothing about anything dealing with the worlds and cultures.
  • Thank you!
    This kinda is a great start.
    A great puzzle lies in front of us and we have to recreate it.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Soo with my special ability of "google" i found that Sanctus means "holy" and it is a hymn in the christian religion.Also known as the epinikios hymnos (Hymn of Victory).
    In another context it about the last supper. There it is used as the beginning word to introduce.

So an interpretation of this:
    --

Maybe it was an glory and shiny land. People lived good and wealthy.
    On its climax the civilization of Sanctus (the last supper) was attacked by something (maybe corruption). In a final war the men of Sanctus  won but on which price? The ground was barren and the rivers were dried out. The men of Sanctus even lost most of their important persons.. of their rulers (that maybe is the reason why we still need to build up civilization in the new world).
    The magicians opened the portal to this very new world (I don't know what the power was... maybe it was "normal" Mana, maybe they used the corruption somehow).
    On the other side they send some scouts and this is where our story begins.

--

Not confirmed just my idea.

EDIT:

Sergent Landry says : "This place isn't like Sanctum,it's dangerous, and the things out there are not happy about our arrival."
    means
    he does not know about the creatures in this world 
    Yet 
    it also means that Sanctum was a peaceful place

ANOTHER EDIT:

Our Character has the possibility to ask "What are these 'things' you're talkign about? Animals?"
    That means that our character is new to this world and has to come from Sanctum.
    That also means that normal people in the Sanctum don't know about these creatures either.

That means that:
    1st Sanctum has another fauna 
    and maybe
    2nd Sanctum never was attacked by corruption.. maybe the humans just exploited the world too much
  • you can probably just run with the names of the races root since elf, human, orc, or dwarf is your species so Pyrian, Aela, kaivek and Dunzenkell are probably the current locations these races herald from. so Pyrian elves of the Empyrean would probably be the elves who live within the empire in Pyria.

• Well spotted, it's really nice to see these little pieces of information being dropped here and there giving us a better picture of where our characters came from, though it makes you wonder just how npc interactions will be done since our characters should have plenty of infromation from there lives where they lived previously.
  • nice one...the mystery deepens!
    Is it true to say Verra is the name of the planet ? therefore 'Sanctum' is a totally different planet? Making us all space travellers and Aliens  to one of these planets.....oh the questions haha
  • Sanctus sounds more like a city, a base or something simular. Doubt they would name a world "Sanctus". It may be a city from our previous world?
  • -Sev- said:
    Even having a name is better than nothing. My fingers are twitching to write up character backstories for this game...
    Ikr I wish we had something more to go on. I would really appreciate weekly lore drops even if its just a paragraph or two. Maybe PAX and NDA lifting will be where my lore fix gets satisfied.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    I'd love for the lore about the worlds that we're coming from to be released AT launch, especially as we're supposed to know that when we enter the world.

Enough information so we can get going on working on developing our own characters and plots. Releasing it piecemeal in quest comments would be infuriating.

Am I going to be astounded when I meet an Orc for the first time, matter of fact or already prejudiced for / against them?
  • Unless the portal closes behind us when we crossover, what would keep us from going back through again? I would love to check out both Verra and our other home :3 Of course that would mean Intrepid would have to create a whole other world, so not very likely.
  • Zastro said:
    Unless the portal closes behind us when we crossover, what would keep us from going back through again? I would love to check out both Verra and our other home :3 Of course that would mean Intrepid would have to create a whole other world, so not very likely.
    That's likely the expansion a year or two after launch but since that world doesn't have magic I hope that world is interesting.

• Nice one