Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

How Will you Approach This Game?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited January 2018 in The Newly Arrived
Hey everyone. So I've just been wondering. Since it seems there will be so many things to do in the game, from massive open world pvp, to trade caravans, to PvE, I'm curious what your ideal approach to this game is. There just seems so much to learn. Learning the game's mechanics in beta aside, how would you play out your character(s)? I personally would first play a bit of every class into the mid levels to see which one I like the most, and to learn every classes skills and mechanics. Once I pick out a favorite, I would use that as my main, and focus on that 1 character. Having experience on all classes, pvp on my main would go much more smoothly, as I would know how to counter the class I'm fighting. I would use my main for end game pvp, money making, learning bosses, and the game in general, and as a backbone to my alts. After my main is fully geared and ready to go, I would slow down on him, and use my main to setup my alts for capping.

Comments

• From the side. Everyone knows if you approach head on you leave yourself open to cleave attacks, or from behind to a tail swipe.
  • I will most likely be doing the same as you.. I have a few classes I have in mind.. When it comes to gaming I am more of a lore / story kind of person, so PvP will be something of a side thing for myself, as well as end game raiding. I'll probably pick a class, figure out which craft I'd like to pick up, master that and learn all I can about the games lore and story.
  • @BeyondKooky aaaah yes I remember those hair pulling days,so many questions,so so many..   :smiley:   It's great to see more people arrive every day and get involved with this awesome community.

Welcome to the AoC famz..   :D
  • Mass slaughter from the start, after that venture into the wild
  • From the side. Everyone knows if you approach head on you leave yourself open to cleave attacks, or from behind to a tail swipe.
    Lol yu stupid lol 
  • Usually I prefer to stick to a main. I feel like if you play alts, a lot of time gets lost in which you could have gathered experience with your main. I'm fairly certain about what class I want to play so I don't see much of a point in exploring other options that I know from experience I'm bad at.
  • Welcome to the community @BeyondKooky
  • Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forums.
  • Welcome to the community!
  • Welcome to the community where it is a party every day.
  • My main goal would  be a magician, crafter. My dream, an enchantress able to create magical item. Powerfull enough to be able to visit the wild alone with caution, or a good support for other.
  • WELCOME  :)
  • I am going to approach from the side. My laptop will be on the sofa so if I crawl over the arm rest I think that I can get the element of surprise.  Once I am on the sofa I will open the laptop and start playing.

Seriously though I am just going to roll a toon, pick a server and see what happens. The whole study the game prior to playing kinda kills fun surprises, which is why I never play alpha, betas or watch all the inane streamers. (Over the top inane streamer playing monopoly example "OMG, OMG OMG, I ROLLED A 7 WHOOOOOAAAAA OMG I LANDED ON PARKPLACE. $150??? I OWE $150. OMG I ONLY HAVE $230 LEFT.  HAHAHAHAHA OOOOOOOOOO MAN. OMG THIS GAME. FUCK YOU HERE IS YOUR MONEY. HAHAHAHAHA YOUR TURN ROLL. OMG A 7? WTH HAHAHAAH WHAT KNIDA LUCK IS THAT OMG.......") Yeah.
  • Need to go from the sky, aerial attacks are very effective :3
  • Methodically: 1 solo survival class, 2 experienced principled guild, 3 bring friends, 4 work the groups home node till I can go explore from that solid base. The centralized need to work together to generate future content means that those who chose to level solo at release will seriously handicap their mid to max level play. That the base dynamic will create and solidify our community is a large part of the attraction to AoC.
  • With a beer and a bong. 
  • I will approach the game with caution.. as it could affect my social life. 
    Welcome to the community! 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    I will approach this game in high hopes that it doesn't flop, and becomes the mmorpg we've all been waiting for. Haven't ever really been this early to the party so I'm really hyped. Going to no-life it for sure.
  • Throw caution to the wind!
  • I'm probably going to stick to a main. Really focus on building them up! And also involving myself in the roleplay community (Holla at my Roleplay loves <3

To say the least, I am aboard the hype train! Welcome to the forums, and I hope to see you around here and in game when we get access :D
    edited June 2018
    The same way I approach everything with fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to undead ^^
  • I'm likely what they called a 'filthy casual' back in Wildstar but I'll do what's fun for me in the game.  I'm not looking for another job, lol.  That may mean I'll never lead a guild or be a node king or see the most epic raids or get the BIS fat lootz.  I'm ok with that.
  • I almost always play solo and I focus on completing everything, so much so, that I try to avoid quests that advance storyline until that's my last option. I think that I will take a different approach, probably not.
  • I really want this to be my next WoW. My next mmo I spend over a decade on. 

When I start up I'm going to go hard and get a foot in the crafting community. I'm going to make myself known in the community and my guild. I'm going to try hard to be as useful as possible. That is the greatest failure for me in WoW... I stopped caring and just do things solo instead of being a part of the community.
  • My both kids were childrens of WoW, I wish they can become adults of AoC. Was fun to watch my friend playing with his son as a common hobby for both of them. Why eGame can NOT be a common hobby for families like Football in US or Soccer in Europe, etc,..

Experience where communities can break generational barries?

Well honestly! I will teach my kids to farm for me >:)
  • What is this alts you speak of? I am the one and true Arch Wizard, all come to me for magical advice and seek the ways in destruction magic. Of course, I am also a crafter of magical orbs/tombs used for fighting.I'm all around the most powerful-est mage in the world of Verra. I actually am the elected governor's adviser and head wizard, sworn to protect the metropolis in case of invasion. Would you like to join the mages guild as a trainee, you can advance of course as you become one with destruction magic?
    edited July 2018
    What is this alts you speak of? I am the one and true Arch Wizard, all come to me for magical advice and seek the ways in destruction magic. Of course, I am also a crafter of magical orbs/tombs used for fighting.I'm all around the most powerful-est mage in the world of Verra. I actually am the elected governor's adviser and head wizard, sworn to protect the metropolis in case of invasion. Would you like to join the mages guild as a trainee, you can advance of course as you become one with destruction magic?
    I want to fight you now. an archmage vs an elder lich should be a good warm-up and I may get a new toy to play with  
  • Archlich and Archwizard, it seems you can fight for starters or you can get married cause you sound like old married couple allrdy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3vtsBQTURU

• Going to stick to one main as well for the foreseeable future and work at him