Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Cooking

So im pretty sure cooking is a profession and hopefully will be a big part of the game. Im just wondering if Steven and the team can drop a list of ingredients that are planned to be in game in the forums so the community can help come up with recipes to add to the game. Saves devs time and we get a large pool of creativity to utilize. 

Comments

• Well I think it is a bit too early to put out something like ingredients/materials just yet the game is not even in Alpha 1 afterall :3
  • Well I think it is a bit too early to put out something like ingredients/materials just yet the game is not even in Alpha 1 afterall :3
    i figured as much im just super hyped. I suppose ill post this again in a years time :(

• I’m almost certain they’re at the point where, they have a rough idea of what they want it to be like, period.

Id rather then release how the actual crafting for the plugin will look like.

Im never exited for a new fame’s plug-in since I saw Kingodm Come’s alchemy crafting way back when the footage was first released.

I just wish it’s... literally kingdom come alchemy with food instead.
  • I can't wait to see what Intrepid will release for the cooking profession :) I'm sure we'll get more info once we get closer to release. Helping them come up with recipes would be fun though!
  • As long as our first meal isn't 1/2 baked Vera we're all cook'n with gas.

• Cooking and provisioning are always great professions in games, theybtwnd to be overlooked and under utilized as well. 
  • I am looking for some interesting cooking system like you have to discover what components make specific dish. But still temp stats for eat is great :smile:

• Rainer said:
    I am looking for some interesting cooking system like you have to discover what components make specific dish. But still temp stats for eat is great :smile:

Sounds like GW2's cooking system.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    for cooking to be good everyone must eat their raid food
  • I'm hoping for adequate buffs and very rare recipes.
  • In the May 24th Livestream there was a little snippet about cooking.
    https://youtu.be/KCr9yh2Y97I?t=15m19s

1. Food will provide some type of benefit to your character
    2. It's not a survival game so you won't need to eat to survive
    3. Not all recipes will be known. Experimentation will be needed to discover some dishes
    4. Nodes will require food as one of its resources
    and the quote I like
    "To make cooking relevant all the food needs to do something" ~

Pretty interesting so far!

My opinion:

What I think will be interesting is that some servers may have a different selection of recipes to others. 
    Node types (and their architecture) will likely influence "known recipes".
    World activity will influence what ingredients are available and thus experimentation will vary on what is available on your server.

I really hope that the Cooking artisan tree varies from Alchemy in terms of what they do. It frustrates me when I see an alchemists pot and cooked food doing the exact same thing but the difference is the duration of the buff and a slight stat increase for the pot.