Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hello there!

As a new arrived I'd like to welcome you... and ask a hundred of questions!
But let's start with just one. The game will be pay-to-play, but in game packs desciption there was amount of in game coins with $value... There won't be P2W right?

Comments

• The game is subscription based, and Steven (the developer of ashes) has stated multiple times that there will be no p2w in Ashes of Creation.

Welcome friend!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    Ostoja said:
    As a new arrived I'd like to welcome you... and ask a hundred of questions!
    But let's start with just one. The game will be pay-to-play, but in game packs desciption there was amount of in game coins with $value... There won't be P2W right?

The cash shop has been quoted as offering cosmetics only. These cosmetics are non functional and come in the form of skins that can only be applied to items that have been awarded through game play.

The coins.......now the scope of these has been kep under wraps to a degree. I have only seen them associated with monster coins (so far). The game will kick off PvE content that will attack players nodes if and when the pre-requisites are met. If and only if such monsters spawn, are players given the option to take over control of them and replace the AI.

Steven has stated categorically on many occasions 'no Pay2win' here. But so have many companies starting out to attract customers. So its a matter of trust at the end of the day. The proof is in the pudding. The ability to buy 'virtual' currency also gives Intrepid the ability to act as a bank and set the exchange rate to whatever they see fit.

As stated, its based on a sub model of $15/month...oh....and welcome :)
  • Welcome to the community :3 so far IS have been pretty clear on the p2w stuff and have repeatedly said that there will be no p2w in the game, who knows this could change but hopefully nothing like that will happen :D
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    welcome to the community 
  • Welcome to the forums :mrgreen: make sure you do some snooping around :naughty:
  • No Pay 2 Win here! ALSO WELCOME!
  • Welcome aboard
  • Welcome to the community!
  • Hello and welcome to the forums! :D 
  • Nice, nice, nice! I like what I read there. I have high hopes for this game.

• Welcome to Ashes!!!
  • This game will not be p2w at all Welcome to the Community!