Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What race will you be and why?

Thought the races seemed cool, what are your thoughts?

Comments

• Why does everyone forget the Tulnar? They are going to start thinking the rumors of them being second class citizens in the new Verra are true.
  • Tulnar. Because they are the only true Verrans.
  • Whichever race helps me Min/Max my builds. Plain and simple.
  • Human. Because why? Let me tell you.

Humans, the main race to play in AoC. The race that build the portals to get out of Verra when the end of the times hit. But then, they saw the other 4 races that didn't have their own portals because humans were so technologically advanced when  compared to others since they were the first advanced civilization on Verra (they propably arrived there first too)
    So, humans thought "We are the superior race on this planet, so why not to help the inferiors?" As the end of times were getting closer and closer, the leader of the human race, called Jandy started his short and quick journey around the Verra to find all the races, and help them to get through the portal to the other side. After all races were found and grouped at the portal, suddenly the, well, not the stupidest race, but definitely the least intelligent race called Tul'nar (who still believe that Verra is flat btw) insisted that the portal is only to kill all the other races.

The sky was burning when the Tulnar started a real debate why they didn't want to leave Verra. They said that only Verra is place where they can live, and that is their true home. "No other place can replace Verra, so we will stay." said the Leader of Tul'nar. "Quick, you're about to die if you don't come in!" yelled Jandy as the remaining residents of soon-to-be-destroyed Verra went through the portal to unknown place. "No." they replied, and as the portal was about to close, Jandy glanced through the portal to Verra, and saw Tul'nar seeking refuge in the tunnels and caves they had build over the years.

The portal closed. The 4 races were safe. What is going to happen to the Tul'nar? Nobody except time knows when it's time to return back to Verra. But when? Next year? Next decade? Next century? Who knows.

Point of the story?
    nobody cares about Tulnar
    Also
    Human > Dwarf > Orc > Elf > Tulnar

PS.

#MAKE VERRA GREAT AGAIN

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    I definitely need to know more about the world before I commit. I'm very picky with my races. If the dwarves are the "master-crafters, genius engineers" type as opposed to the "drunken scotsmen" type, then I'll definitely be making a dwarf.

If the Empyrean elves are very high fantasy, with some awesome magic and a bit of an edge to them, then I'll be making one of them. I like my "high elves" to be a bit weird, snobby, and very, very advanced (think Altmer before Bethesda screwed them up). 

If the orcs come off as "sophisticated savages", without being either one dimensional monsters or tame, peaceful saints, then I'll be making an orc. One of the reasons I love WoW's orcs is because I feel they made them 3 dimensional without betraying the basic tropes of their race. 

Regardless, I'll definitely be making a tulnar. I'm obsessed with races that live underground, and I love the idea of them being a fusion of all the races that were "left behind" when the others left Verra. 

Have we actually learned anything new about the races? Beyond the small blurbs we got initially?
  • Why does everyone forget the Tulnar? They are going to start thinking the rumors of them being second class citizens in the new Verra are true.
    Ah sorry, I learned about AOC yesterday and from the videos I've looked up there were only 4, my bad
  • More than likely human because idk roleplay reasons xD that Or I'll choose elf, those tend to be the two races that I like to make my roleplay characters under. (Unless its Elder Scrolls then I can pretty much only play the Khajiit)
  • Manoma said:
    Why does everyone forget the Tulnar? They are going to start thinking the rumors of them being second class citizens in the new Verra are true.
    Ah sorry, I learned about AOC yesterday and from the videos I've looked up there were only 4, my bad
    I would have forgotten those incestuous muts as well!
  • @kandy. Nice troll but don't write it so often because ppl might get confused.
  • So far elves but it all depends on the character creation :3
  • @Rainer hey guy, do you know anything about the Tulane, saw a bit of a video, they look great

• There's only silhouettes availa le for Tulnar currently
  • @Xombie oh cool
  • Well, looks to me like Intrepid needs to really bring it with the non-human and elf races, if this is any indication of the choices people will make in-game.
  • want to try something new

• I definitely need to know more about the world before I commit.
    This is exactly where I'm at. From what I've seen so far the differences between Humans and Elves is relatively small. So I'd like to see how all the races turn out until I really commit to anything.
  • Orc. Hellscream lives on.
  • I'm leaving towards Vek but I am sucker for Min/Max so time will tell what will offer me the most.
  • The bio for the Vek Orcs has me sold
  • i want to be an archer/mage combo or Archer/rogue combo, which usually means Elf's racial benefits magic/archery. If there are other benefits that are class global id love to play orcs or dwarfs.
  • Leaning towards a Dwarf, but we shall see.
  • The pew pew race!
  • Im going for the Vaelune race.  The economic/trade focussed human race from the desert. I envisage my warlock to be a dark skinned tanned ' business man' who can summon a enforcer or two to make sure you pay for the goods you just bought!

• Tulnar here, seeking a RP Tulnar Underdark themed guild..seems really interesting to be this whole other storyline of characters coveting the surface dwellers :)
  • It was between elf and orc, but since my first character will likely be a mage, I will make that an elf. My second will be an Orc with a two-handed sword.
  • Depends on which class I end up liking though.
  • Most likely human, have been horde for too long and want something different.

Besides, I want to RP as an artisan and the Vaelune seem to specialize in trading and economic stuff.
  • Well it mostly deepends on the raicals, but otherwise the most sexualized race ofc...

• Just like playing a Human period, I played around with other races before, but always return to human.