Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Unrealisitc warping mobs

I hope these do not exist in AoC.

When a mob leaves it's normal pathing because of agro, then once agro is lost, it should travel back to it's original location normally, so that it will realistically attack any players it encounters along the way that it would have agro with.
I don't care if the mob was intentionally pulled in order to possibly attack other players aka training. Realism trumps artificial ways to prevent training.

Immersion is important and warping mobs destroys that aspect for me.

Comments

• I enjoyed these in FFXI.   

57 Goblin Trains in the Jungles.  

Somtimes intention...sometimes not

• Yeah, I've always though it was funny that the mob will run past other players to get back to its point of origin/path. Like... "Get out of my way! I left the oven on!!"
  • Yeah mobs need a black list. So they can track you down and stand over your bed with a grin on its face when you wake up 2 weeks later. Or give them funds for guarding so they can place a hit on players that rub them up the wrong way ;)
  • I still hold my head when I see mobs gaining some sort of super speed going back to their original location while I try to kill them...
  • Waking up in the middle of the night to see a goblin grinning at your face xD
  • Waking up in the middle of the night to see a goblin grinning at your face xD
    Is that worse than waking up and finding sandal on pillow next to you?
  • Jahlon said:
    I enjoyed these in FFXI.   

57 Goblin Trains in the Jungles.  

Somtimes intention...sometimes not

Yes... Haha
  • Bring your buddy Kazzak to tour S.W.
  • intelligence mobs what have you on your black list because someday you attacked him by mistake and run away. I like it.

When the hunter becomes the hunted.
  • Can you imagine running into that mob boss you ran from at lev 5 to find the node has leveled him up and he's screaming your name as he charges through the whole raid just to hit YOU? 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    I don't think its gonna happend.
    I mean I could kill it before it gonna hate me. And if it will be implemented in game, then after this time when I was on lvl 5 to make node from 1 to 5 lvl. It could die at least 100 times. And after it for sure it gonna to forget about me. And second why ? Yea, killing boss and reseting hate points its another story than grind this points to make him ignore 23 other ppl and rush at me. 

I mean being on monsters black list should be fun, but it should work little different. 
    When you are killing 100 mushrooms then if you pass 50m of their spawn zone they should start attacking you. Because they said multiple times how they brothers and sisters died. It should be temporary. Because its good mechanic for keeping players from one spot when they farm and make them to explore entire Verra. But when you  are just passing road and everysingle mob around 100m are going to kill you, will be annoying.

But for real I don't think it will work in game, so it could be funny but shouldn't be in the game.

But if it will be in the game, this system can be applied only after official start, so dev can focus on other aspects of the game until then.

But Its my opinion how it should work, write it. But for now I think this system "monster hate points" should work like that.