Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

April 2018 Store Merchandise!

Wonderful Ashlings! 

April is here! 

The monthly pre-order pack cosmetics have changed! These cosmetics will change on a MONTHLY basis. The change over date is on the 2nd of each month e.g NEXT change over will be on 2nd of May 2018! Once the cosmetics have changed previous cosmetics are no longer available!

Check them all out here on the store!  https://www.ashesofcreation.com/shop/

We are pleased to announce that the SUMMER ADDON ICONS are now available! To check out the summer addons go to https://www.ashesofcreation.com/account/orders and click on "View addons and upgrade packages". Summer addons are available to Kickstarter backers only!

Pre-Order Packs
WAYFARER PRE-ORDER PACK ($75)

Access to Beta 2
2 months of game time ($30 Value)
$25 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)
Shield of Reverence Skin

EXPEDITIONARY PRE-ORDER PACK ($150)

Access to Beta 1
Access to Beta 2
4 months of game time ($60 Value)
$50 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)
Shield of Reverence Skin
Protector's Pride Pet!

VOYAGER PRE-ORDER PACK ($250)

Access to Alpha 2
Access to Beta 1
Access to Beta 2
6 months of game time ($90 Value)
$100 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)
Shield of Reverence Skin
Protector's Pride Pet
Sky's Vengeance Mount Skin

INTREPID PRE-ORDER PACK ($500)

Access to Alpha 1
Access to Alpha 2
Access to Beta 1
Access to Beta 2
12 months of game time ($180 value)
$150 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)
Shield of Reverence Skin
Protector's Pride Pet
Sky's Vengeance Mount Skin
Wings of Reverence Caravan Skin
Protector's Armor Costume
Protector's Sanctuary Skin

Summer Addons

Here is some advice for pack owners!

Pre-order pack owners:
  • If you already purchased a monthly pack you can buy individual cosmetic items that are equivalent to your tier pack or lower. e.g If you own a Voyager pack ($250) from February or March, you can buy the cosmetics from future Voyager packs and below. You will not be able to buy the exclusive Intrepid ($500) pre-order pack cosmetics.
  • You are able to upgrade your pack via the "bundles" tab in the store. When you do so you keep the cosmetics from your original pack. When upgrading you gain the cosmetics category you didn’t own from new package tiers at time of upgrade.
Kickstarter Backers and Summer Backers:
  • You are able to buy the cosmetic items from any tier package as addons. The cosmetics addons change monthly and you won't be able to purchase expired month addons. 
PAX pack owners:
  • In January all  PAX West pack owners were gifted a trade for an equivalent value pre-order pack.You can see this package under the "Purchases and Order" tab in your account dashboard. It should display as $0. You kept your PAX cosmetics and in addition gained the equivalent pre-order pack cosmetics.
  • You can upgrade your pack via the store on the "bundles" tab. When you do so you keep the cosmetics from your original pack. When upgrading you gain the cosmetics category you didn't own from the package tiers at the time of upgrade.
  • You can buy cosmetic addons that are equivalent to your tier pack or lower (see above as it's the same for pre-order pack owners).
Everyone can keep track of their orders on their AoC account at https://www.ashesofcreation.com/account/orders

Comments

• That's Nice and also the Summer Add-ons look pretty cool.
  • This month's cosmetic's look bloody amazing !
  • I know that if we've purchased a package in a prior month that we can purchase new month's cosmetics, but what if you have no interest in the original cosmetics? Can you swap out the purchase-month items for a specific individual cosmetic on a one-time basis? Really enjoy the April looks and have zero interest in the February items. . . options?
  • Tyber said:
    I know that if we've purchased a package in a prior month that we can purchase new month's cosmetics, but what if you have no interest in the original cosmetics? Can you swap out the purchase-month items for a specific individual cosmetic on a one-time basis? Really enjoy the April looks and have zero interest in the February items. . . options?
    I don't believe so. best thing is to contact customer support via the main page button and ask.
  • I'm a Summer backer, and I've been eagerly awaiting the ability to upgrade my summer backer pledge package, but when I go to https://www.ashesofcreation.com/account/orders and click on "View addons and upgrade packages" there is nothing available for me.  I have submitted a support ticket, but in the meantime, can anyone tell me if Summer backers can now officially upgrade their package?
  • Chaosx said:
    I'm a Summer backer, and I've been eagerly awaiting the ability to upgrade my summer backer pledge package, but when I go to https://www.ashesofcreation.com/account/orders and click on "View addons and upgrade packages" there is nothing available for me.  I have submitted a support ticket, but in the meantime, can anyone tell me if Summer backers can now officially upgrade their package?
    As of yesterday on Discord Steven said that they are still working on the issue, but it is the next thing that is coming.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Chaosx said:
    I'm a Summer backer, and I've been eagerly awaiting the ability to upgrade my summer backer pledge package, but when I go to https://www.ashesofcreation.com/account/orders and click on "View addons and upgrade packages" there is nothing available for me.  I have submitted a support ticket, but in the meantime, can anyone tell me if Summer backers can now officially upgrade their package?
    As of yesterday on Discord Steven said that they are still working on the issue, but it is the next thing that is coming.
    Thanks Unknown! That's very promising, hopefully we can get some sort of official estimated time table from the Intrepid team ;)

Edit: Got this response from Shunex https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/139718/#Comment_139718
  • Chaosx said:
    Chaosx said:
    Thanks Unknown! That's very promising, hopefully we can get some sort of official estimated time table from the Intrepid team ;)
    With PAX taking place over the next week you are probably SooL till they get back. But it isn't like you need to upgrade right this moment, nothing is going to change packagewise for a good long while and they are definitely not going to do all the work to get the functionality going, then turn it off a week later.
  • Chaosx said:
    Chaosx said:
    With PAX taking place over the next week you are probably SooL till they get back. But it isn't like you need to upgrade right this moment, nothing is going to change packagewise for a good long while and they are definitely not going to do all the work to get the functionality going, then turn it off a week later.
    I'm happy just hearing that Steven said it's the next thing they are working on, I think all AoC community members have learned the art of patience by this point LOL
  • Looks absolutley amazing :3 glad to finally see the summer addons
  • i cant see any summer package icons on my dashboard :(
    bought the 150$ package, whats even included in that i forgot.. :D
  • https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/dashboard/

If you don't see them on your dashboard do all the normal stuff. Make sure you are logged on, clear caches, and all the other bug clearing stuff that people have mentioned.
    edited April 2018
    Uao said:
    i cant see any summer package icons on my dashboard :(
    bought the 150$ package, whats even included in that i forgot.. :D
    I can't see the Summer addons either, and I'm going back and forth with support trying to resolve the issue.  Their first response to me was to instruct me how to view my summer backer package, which is not what I was asking.  Will update if I get anywhere with them  :|

Edit #1: I received an update from a support rep, who told me Summer Add-Ons are only available to Kickstarter backers for purchase. Summer backers will apparently have access to these cosmetics through the upgrade store once it has been implemented. I referred him to this forum post, because either the information he gave me is incorrect, or the information in this thread is incorrect, and it should be updated to reflect that Summer addons are not available to Summer backers yet like it states in the original post.  

I'm waiting to hear back from him to find out which information is correct/incorrect.

@Diura tagging you so you are aware.

Edit #2: Diura confirmed that Summer addons are indeed not yet available for Summer backers until the upgrade paathway gets implemented and advised the OP would be updated accordingly.

Edit #3:  The original post has been updated to correctly state Summer addons are available to Kickstarter backers only!
    edited April 2018
    I really wish you guys would lower the prices on these items. I absolutely love the armor, mount, and pet. However, I'm not spending $60 on 3 cosmetic items. I can't help but wonder how many more people would buy these if they were $10 less on each item. I know I would. I guess this is just that typical corporate calculated price point though.

I've saved up enough to upgrade to lifetime sub but I keep putting it off to see how you guys are going to market your cosmetics. In GW2 I purchased ever armor skin that came out while I played. I bought several harvesting, mail carrier, and salvaging items and tons of dye. I probably spent 30-40 a month because there was no sub and I liked the pricing on these items. However you are going to be sub based and have the cosmetic shop for additional funding. That's something I can get behind... but not at these prices.

And before people start bashing me. I care a lot about this game and the direction it is going. I really like the systems and aesthetic. However the cash shop has come off overpriced and tone-deaf. I can't imagine this game having any kind of identity when you are putting in RL-inspired things that are way out of the time setting (colonial era ships and clothing).
  • I agree they are very expensive. But I think they are expensive specially because they don't want them to be common, they want them to be owned by a very select few. Just like the Alphas and Betas, they are trying to keep it to only those that really want to help support the game. That said I hope once the game releases the cosmetics in the shop don't go above 5$.
  • Santy182 said:
    I agree they are very expensive. But I think they are expensive specially because they don't want them to be common, they want them to be owned by a very select few. Just like the Alphas and Betas, they are trying to keep it to only those that really want to help support the game. That said I hope once the game releases the cosmetics in the shop don't go above 5$.

I can appreciate that and they definitely look high-end. However, I would like to see some things at prices they intend to sell in-game. Maybe some random normal horses or other mounts that don't look extravagant. They don't even have to be part of this monthly thing, but I would like a taste of what normal cosmetics will be like. If this is indeed the fancier stuff, I may pick up one thing... but only one.
  • I love the new cosmetics what do you guys think?
  • A dog/zebra? The cursed charger is a dog/zebra?? I'll be the laughing stock of the entire game! How can I be a bad ass riding a dog?

At first I hated it and felt gypt but after I sat on the throne and thought about it for a while it would be great! A dog I can ride! It would love me and be loyal and always have my back. What a good boy! That's actually awesome! 

However, now I need to change my character. An orc mage/astrologer wouldn't ride a dog. Hmm.. Maybe I'll get the peddler costume and be like The Last Airbender. 

The radiant stallion sure is pretty. I wonder if I can dye it green.
    The wings of reverence sure is cool too. 
  • Santy182 said:
    I agree they are very expensive. But I think they are expensive specially because they don't want them to be common, they want them to be owned by a very select few. Just like the Alphas and Betas, they are trying to keep it to only those that really want to help support the game. That said I hope once the game releases the cosmetics in the shop don't go above 5$.
    The game doesn't come out until late 2019 and everything you buy now is only available for one month. So everything is rare. Most people won't play the game until 2019 and they will have missed all this early stuff. Everything that comes out after the game drops to the public in 2019 will be common, unless you get if from a super hard quest or something. 

However, all the alpha/beta people are the most hyped so we'll all rush into the game the first chance we get and all end up in server 1 together. That means we'll all have the same early stuff so it won't be rare. I'm going to wait for the game to be out for a couple of weeks so I don't end up in the same server as the alpha/betas. That way my early stuff will be one of a kind. 
  • @sunfrog other than testing cosmetics towards the end of beta, we will most likely not see any account based stuff till live launch. We have a statement during the Stuffingtons brouhaha that they don't even plan to work on cosmetics till just before release. Live launch everyone will rush to their regional servers, splitting the testing community up nicely.
  • What do you mean regional servers?
  • At live launch there will be separate servers for EU region, NA region, and OCE region. (confirmed multiple times) They have also said they may add other regions servers depending on demand, for example, SA (South America) if the playerbase is large enough to warrant it in a region in the future. People tend to play where their latency is the lowest, especially in a pvp game. So while everyone will play on NA (North America) servers for testing, for live launch those people will scatter to the various servers that will be set up for their regions, thus splitting those with packages and cosmetics up among the various servers.
  • Still waiting for merchandise to be available for shipping oversea.
  • Harue said:
    Still waiting for merchandise to be available for shipping oversea.
    Still no ETA on that I'm afraid :( 
    edited April 2018
    Did kickstarter backers automaticly gain the summer backers cosmetics ??
    Or were they exclusive to the summer backers??
    If you look on the addons page you have the option to purchase the summer cosmetics a la carte and have had for several months. They said that option would remain until the concept art had been posted, which happened a little while ago, so if there is something you want, that deadline may be approaching. The KS get the stretch goals automatically that the Summer achieved, which is the dance, furniture set, and wand.(the furniture set is not checked as won on the page, but Steven decided that it was close enough so that would be given, the wand was given for the whole "exclusive" fiasco)  Here is a link to their location. 
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/dashboard/
  • The summer addons looks amazing.
    Really like the look of the Kiss of summer cloak
  • I am still contemplating buying some add-ons for my kickstarter package.. :sweat:
    edited April 2018
    DoDraugen said:
    The summer addons looks amazing.
    Really like the look of the Kiss of summer cloak

Me, too.  I was waiting to see it's appearance, liked it, bought it. B)
  • How to freehold tiers work? If I upgrade my kickstarter to get the tier 1 upgrade on freeholds does that mean I get a head start or that I get something normal players cant?

Like if I am a normal player will it take me months to lvl up to tier 1 but if I upgrade my package I get it right away.

Or

If I am a normal player I get a normal freehold and just follow that path, but if I upgrade to tier 1 I can get wood walls instead of stucco, or what ever, and normal people can't.
  • It is a selection of skins that you can use for what you have already earned.  Meaning you will probably have to build a level 2 freehold to be able to use a level 2 skin. This follows the no P2W policy of Intrepid.  This however, like everything else is subject to changes.
This discussion has been closed.