Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Seasoning kit.

Hello and thank you for visiting my post.

The art of cooking begins with ingredients, the grade of the ingredients truely are the soothing "Ah" sound you make after the delicious bite. But just as quality ingredients make your meal have excellent quality, what sets an amazing meal apart is the seasonings. A chef without seasoning is nothing. So i beg of thee, add seasoning kits to the game. I do not wish to give my customers bland meals.

Comments

• I made a post about cooking earlier where i suggested the community take part in recipe creation. Sadly its a little early to talk about arts and crafts in game. I would def. hope that seasoning will be a thing or cooking simply cant be a profession with any degree of depth, skill or experimentation. Really hope experiments are a thing in professions like blacksmith, or chef and such
  • At the end of the day,
    baking the perfect cake,
    should be like forging epic armor and weapons.

The process should be involved and convoluted...but ideally fun in the process rather than a monotonous chore.
    Monotony comes from doing the same thing over and over again.
    Following a recipe is no different to following a script..verbatim.

So for me experimentation and improvisation is the key to creating something satisfying. Of which no doubt, things must fail epically badly to make the successes ever more sweeter.
    For how would you appreciate success, without first being intimately familiar with failure ?
  • @Rune_Relic So instead of having a recipe book, players should discover their own recipes through trial and error? That sounds perfect to me. You can bake the perfect cake one day and then a month later try a new combo and find out that the new one is better than your first perfect cake!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    @Rune_Relic So instead of having a recipe book, players should discover their own recipes through trial and error? That sounds perfect to me. You can bake the perfect cake one day and then a month later try a new combo and find out that the new one is better than your first perfect cake!
    Its been a while so its difficult to differentiate stuff that was said on stream and discussions we had here.
    I think the idea was along the lines of both. You find recipes by trial and error that you then sell (or keep your family recipe).
    I think steven joked about patents at one stage or I might have dreamt it.
    :tongue:

The recipe system then becomes a collective pool shared and discovered by the players.
  • How would you make it different from GW2?  They had the same idea of discovering recipes.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    T-Elf said:
    How would you make it different from GW2?  They had the same idea of discovering recipes.
    Doesn't have to be very different if the GW2 model worked well. Learn what works from others and improve what doesn't right?

Not that i know how the gw2 model worked and if it was any good or not