Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Physics Engine

Does anyone know what physics engine Ashes is using? I know Havok and PhysX to be the most known engines and i'm fairly certain UE4 uses PhysX 3.3 or something but can someone confirm this? personally i'd prefer Havok for minor reasons but it doesn't matter too much

Comments

• Options
    Yes AoC uses UE4 which uses PhysX 3.3
  • Options
    You are correct about UE4 using PhysX 3.3.

I would expect them to stick with PhysX myself, as it would be less work for them to implement (it is apparently a *lot* of work to force Havok in to UE4) and there is no major gains to either one over the other.

Obviously that is speculation though, nothing confirmed.
  • Options
    Yea that makes more sense, no point in extra work. The game is pretty optimized from what ive seen so far for how early on they are atm, and its only gonna get better. I should be able to smash this with my 1080 1800x on full launch
  • Options
    Rodzor said:
    Yea that makes more sense, no point in extra work. The game is pretty optimized from what ive seen so far for how early on they are atm, and its only gonna get better. I should be able to smash this with my 1080 1800x on full launch
    I kinda wish PhysX cards were still a thing.

I'm building a new rig when NVidia release their next series of cards (still debating Threadripper vs i9 though), and it would be cool to have a use for my current video card.