Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Highsword ...

Hi everyone,

Can someone explain to me what mean Highsword. English isn't my first language, and i can't find a word to translate highsword in french.

Thanks a lot

Acy

Comments

• It does not mean anything in English either as far as I am aware.
  • No such thing in English like Highsword... ? maybe it's a term from a book/show ? 
  • No clue... If its one of the classes we'll just have to wait till class ability or type reveals
  • High as in fighting for a higher purpose such as faith. Sword being for the offensive nature of the comnination (Fighter/Cleric). So it could be something similar to what in other games are Crusaders or an offensive Paladin. Just speculation though.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Yea, i think highsword implies something like a holy sword/palidan but If what steven said about the necromancer also applies to the highsword then he also can be a death/dark knight.
  • Web said:
    Hi everyone,

Can someone explain to me what mean Highsword. English isn't my first language, and i can't find a word to translate highsword in french.

Thanks a lot

Acy
    @Web Highsword.  In this context, High would mean Holy/Heaven/Faith/Godly, so the name Highsword would mean something along the lines of HolyFighter, something similar to that.
  • Highsword is not the only weird one. About half of class names are brainfarts. I really hope those current names are just temporary placeholders.
  • Hi,

Thank you for your answers that helped me a lot. I guess it must be hard to find nice names, especially since the nuance between Warrior/cleric and Cleric/warrior is already not simple.

But thank again, great community.

Cya IG

Acy

• Web said:
    Hi,

Thank you for your answers that helped me a lot. I guess it must be hard to find nice names, especially since the nuance between Warrior/cleric and Cleric/warrior is already not simple.

Cya IG

Acy

No it is not hard at all.. fighter/cleric is Knight and cleric/fighter is Crusader.  ;) 
  • Ferryman said:
    Web said:
    Hi,

Cya IG

Acy

No it is not hard at all.. fighter/cleric is Knight and cleric/fighter is Crusader.  ;) 
    Or Fighter/cleric is a fighter who found the faith, so Crusader. Cleric/fighter is a cleric who learn to fight so templar... Knight means tank/tank for me, Not so easy cause each one as his idea.
  • That is true, it depends what pov we are looking this. Knight could also be a tank/cleric, but there is one already as we know as Paladin. Knight could be a tank/fighter as well if we forget the holy aspect. Cleric/tank could be a templar f.e.. So yes there is options. Names just have to fulfill two main things. It needs to make sense and feel right, but also sound really cool and interesting. Highsword and many others f.e. does not fulfill either and thats a big problem imo.