Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Salutations from a curious spirit!

I've floated my way over here and happy to say hi! I've started lurking around a bit and poking around so I figured it might be a good time to let it be known that I'm here.

I've found my way to this game because of the PAX coverage and kind of got me interested to see how it looks when beta 1/2 comes around.

Apologies for popping a question in the introduction right off the bat, but I was looking at the pre-order packs that were on the site and some of the things on there I haven't the slightest clue so I don't know how evaluate what's offered. I didn't see anything pinned on this forum or on discord so I figured I'd ask if anyone knew of these details being presented anywhere already. Perhaps it's just all cosmetics? I think I understand all the access, game time (sub based), and paid currency, but only one was labeled with "Costume".

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    From my understanding, the packages include game time, a couple unique mount skins, a pet skin, some in-game marketplace currency that I assume goes towards cosmetics (No P2W), a unique cosmetic building skin, and several player/item skins.

Higher package tiers give more rewards as you progress, including those before them, so not everything is present in some of the lower tiers.

But the big draw is the alpha/beta access - at least, to me.

Hope that helped ^_^

- Sikuba
  • @Sikuba hit it pretty much on the head with some minor clarifications needed. All higher packages include the cosmetics from the lower ones. If you purchase the current package, you will gain the corresponding cosmetics. In following months if you want to purchase the new cosmetics on offer a la carte, you can do so up to your package level. For example, if you buy the $250 package, you can purchase any of the cosmetics from future $250 packages or lower a la carte, but not the cosmetics from the $500 package. If you have the $500 package you can purchase the cosmetics from any future months a la carte. If you were a Kickstarter/Summer backer (no longer available) you can purchase any level of cosmetics a la carte regardless of package level.
  • @Sikuba hit it pretty much on the head with some minor clarifications needed. All higher packages include the cosmetics from the lower ones. If you purchase the current package, you will gain the corresponding cosmetics. In following months if you want to purchase the new cosmetics on offer a la carte, you can do so up to your package level. For example, if you buy the $250 package, you can purchase any of the cosmetics from future $250 packages or lower a la carte, but not the cosmetics from the $500 package. If you have the $500 package you can purchase the cosmetics from any future months a la carte. If you were a Kickstarter/Summer backer (no longer available) you can purchase any level of cosmetics a la carte regardless of package level.
    Whoops, true. I didn't make that clear with my description. Will fix to avoid further confusion. :)
  • Welcome to your new home!

And almost all of the things that you see in the store will be either costumes or skins.
  • Welcome to the community, I hope you enjoy the forums as much as the rest of us!
  • Welcome to the forums!
  • Thanks for the warm welcome all and super kudos for the extra details! I really appreciate it  :)
  • Welcome to the community :3
  • Kuzah said:
    Thanks for the warm welcome all and super kudos for the extra details! I really appreciate it  :)
    No problem! Glad to have another new face among us - er name-tag.  :sweat_smile:
  • Welcome to the community :)

Don't forget to bring your friends ;)
  • @Kuzah Welcome to the AoC famz, hope you find this game as interesting as the rest of us.   :wink:
  • Welcome to the forum! *throws confetti*
  • Welcome to Ashes!!!