Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A thread

Comments

• Who creates the music that you currently use for your livestreams/videos? Will it have a similar feel, or will you let Bear McCreary do his thing?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Not sure if already been asked, but will any class be able to shape change, and if so any info on to what?
  • Heya,

Apologies in advance if the question has already been stated!
    I was wondering towards the caravan system if it will be a similar style as implemented as ArcheAge where the supplies are actually carried on person or if there will be a buyable/rentable wagon that would need to be protected from foes players and npc's alike?
  • Heya,

Apologies in advance if the question has already been stated!
    I was wondering towards the caravan system if it will be a similar style as implemented as ArcheAge where the supplies are actually carried on person or if there will be a buyable/rentable wagon that would need to be protected from foes players and npc's alike?
    @silusspete Hey there.   This was basically answered already.  In theory, people can only hold so many items, so you'll essentially rent a caravan with your stuff on it that can hold 1000x (guesstimate volume) that a single person can.  You'll also hire NPC guards for the caravan, and possibly have additional purchases/upgrades to the caravan - more speed, more guards, etc.

Once you send it on its way, you (and your friends, or other PC's you trust or hire) accompany the caravan and defend it from potential attackers.  If attackers kill the guards and destroy the caravan or whatnot, they can loot a piece or percentage of the goods (could be 1%, could be 100%, this was never directly answered or fine tuned, and probably limited to what people can carry).  Only people who participated in the "attack" will be able to loot it.

That's pretty much the concept in a nut shell.
  • Will we see a healing class that heals primarily by doing damage? Like a leech effect, where x% of damage done goes to your party or target as healing.
  • Since there is going to be housing, will carpentry be a profession? 
  • Will players be able to build there own buildings and ships, and how long will it take in game time if they can?
    edited May 2018

Great job on the game so far guys.

Question: AOC Store/Shop – Would it be possible to change the shop so users can buy a Pack (E.g Wayfarer) and gift this to a friend via email or account name? I have four friends that would love to get into the game yet don’t currently have the funds for the packs. Therefore as a gift I’ll like to give them a pack each without giving them the money directly (as no doubt they will go off and spend it within a tavern :) ).

• There is a lot of hype around photo realistic 3D avatars, which looks almost identical to real users faces. These scans can be easily created even by simply smartphones or cameras. 

Is there possibility to allow users in AoC to use their real photos/scans for the faces of the  characters?

edited May 2018
    So not that I'm not hyped for your game, but I'm a realist -- your game ain't releasing before I'd say fall 2019 *optimistically* but more likely summer 2020. So with that 1-2 years of waiting...feed me! I need to see the races (screenshots of each, back stories, what classes they can be, etc.), some breakdowns on the classes, etc. ....I would love you share some more lore....I eat up your blogs as you post them. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE ME MORE! :) ok thanks bye.
  • Will content patches/expansions be a more horizontal addition or vertical? (horizontal being placed to the side of existing content (dungeons/raids/weapons/classes), vertical being placed above (level cap increase))

I'm not the biggest fan of all my hard work being completely useless because the level cap was increased. I'll be fine with higher cap if stat growth is very slow.
    edited May 2018
    If new zones/nodes are added later in the game how will you combat the playerbase being spread thin?
  • Got a question for the tanks, Intrepid team. Will threat generation, but more importantly holding that threat, rely solely on your gear? Or will there be ways via stats, enchantments, etc. that we can utilize to help keep aggro off our group?

I realize this is very early to ask such a question, but Alpha 1's closing in and these questions will get increasingly important so may as well try now.

Thanks guys and keep it up!
  • Little is known how Intrepid will handle crafting. Some extra information about this would be awsome. 

Some examples:
    • Archers will use arrows. Will they just be some pixels or will they be an actual arrow crafted by a carpenter?
    • When a weapon smith crafts a sword, will (s)he need someone to craft the different parts of that sword or is just one recipe with a button?

• When do you plan on closing the ability to upgrade your kick starter package? 
  • Can you tell us a bit about how magic works in the lore of Ashes? Where does it come from? How do different groups use it? 
  • I would like to buy a Bundle and gift it to a friend.  Will this ever be an option?
  • "Because the Tulnar stayed behind on Verra and never lost their access to magic, should they not be vastly more proficient at it than the other races who are only now rediscovering it?"

edited May 2018
    Would Intrepid consider creating a server named "Stuffertons" to give the sillier variety of players a place to gather?
    edited May 2018
    Nodes
    How many dormant nodes will there be at launch?
    1. (many) If my guild wants a fishing village, will we be able to start fishing anywhere and likely have an encampment form near us, which would disable other nearby dormant nodes.
    or
    2. (fewer)  Will we need some idea of which area has a dormant node near water.

If the answer is 1, it would add another level of strategy. Guilds could grind a certain area in order to create a town that has control over a mountain pass, waterway, valuable materials, etc.
    Thanks for all your hard work. Looking forward to playing.
  • So, instead of traditional factions we will have an allegiance to a particular Node.  Specifically, other than getting to be a metropolis, why will I want to fight with and kill citizens of other nodes?

Alternatively, other than a temporary alliance to topple / crush another Node, why will I want to ally with citizens of other nodes?
  • Would it be possible for there to be a "News" feature in the game where players can submit stories, news, or current events in a "newspaper" that is specific to each server? 
  • Any internal discussions regarding planned fishing mechanics?
  • The character movement in the current Alpha 0 builds, how much of that will be changed towards upcoming Alpha/Beta builds? right now it seems like the characters slide around on the ground and not moving according to the speed their legs are moving.
  • Hey guys. I just found out we didn’t get to these questions. I will set aside some time to answer a few of these tomorrow ❤️🖖🏻
  • Grats to all the A0 key winners. cheers

• Thanks Steven

• Kandy will be happy when she reads this. :)
    edited May 2018
    GMSteven said:
    Hey guys. I just found out we didn’t get to these questions. I will set aside some time to answer a few of these tomorrow ❤️🖖🏻
    Don't worry its cool, we are willing to accept alpha 0 keys to make up for the oversite. haha

edited May 2018
    GMSteven said:
    Hey guys. I just found out we didn’t get to these questions. I will set aside some time to answer a few of these tomorrow ❤️🖖🏻
    Thanks. As for my question, you misunderstood I think. I was just interested in a server with the NAME of Stuffertons as a gathering place for the sillier-minded players among us.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally down for the other idea too!
This discussion has been closed.