Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What Kind of Weapons Do You Want To See In Game

Comments

• Steven and the gang have all said that they wanted to incorporate all in the game. So with that thought at hand. How about a Very basic purchase of any type of weaponry or gear, and have the rest be of crafted in origin and have complex enhancement or charms crafted in them by other players with the ability to place enhancements or charms on items. If that is even part of the crafting scheme. Like elemental enhancements that have a visual effect around the item. As to the types of weapons really doesn't matter as much as being proportionate to all characters that would wield or wear such items. Well not 100% honest. They also have to fit the environment and peoples they came from. I would think.
  • Oh and hey....Which way to the battlefield.....
  • I would like some of the following weapons, my prefer is also dual blades.

Dual scythe weapons that can extend by a chain for mid range/close range attack(example Tera)
    Dual blades 
    Or be able to combine like sword and axe or sword and mace.

Would also be nice to be able to copy some movie styles, like from lotr. Legolas with bow and dual short blades. 
    Or weapons that can change with some sort of magic or skill, like the sword changes damage style. Like add flame damage etc.
    Or leveling up weapons like levels of character, and the weapons changes shape and damage percentage/type.

Also would be nice if weapons are not for ever lasting, need to be repaired.
    And bows would need stacks of arrows that can deplete.(example Tibia)

•   My favorite from AC2 was a hybrid I made. The healer could wield a spear (a stupid drum was standard issue), it was mostly half the range of a bow, but also could wield a shield. That made for normal heals, more damage mitigation and viable damage to add in the spare time not healing. Maybe this could be worked into the ranger secondary classes, who knows.
      I also like what Kebitz said a few posts up, basically we don't need gratuitously oversized weaponry. 
  • Polearms of all types. 
  • @Nagash I agree there must be grimoires and tomes!!! But I would like to see a whip/chain weapon of sort... (I know the developers groan everytime someone requests this due to the programming required to make something like this work... sorry devs just had to bring it up!) FFXIV had it right, I think all magic classes would love tomes... I know I want one for my up-and-coming necro-merchant maybe something with tentacles of darkness reaching out from the pages ( for some high-level end-game tome... dont kink shame me!)

• @Nagash I agree there must be grimoires and tomes!!! But I would like to see a whip/chain weapon of sort... (I know the developers groan everytime someone requests this due to the programming required to make something like this work... sorry devs just had to bring it up!) FFXIV had it right, I think all magic classes would love tomes... I know I want one for my up-and-coming necro-merchant maybe something with tentacles of darkness reaching out from the pages ( for some high-level end-game tome... dont kink shame me!)

Well, we have seen books already in some of the mage trailers, so I'm happy to see them, but I would like some special summons to be linked to books. Like an eldritch book may summon a deep one or a book of the dead may summon a wraith.
  • I'd really love to see some kind of naginata one day. I realize it does not exactly go with the game set up and that it's unlikely to happen, but I always wanted to use this kind of weapon and most MMO's just ignore it.
  • yay... Andtideluvian Horrors!!!
  • Potion launchers.
  • nagash said:
    A grimoire is a must have 

Bah ..thats a fake. No human skin was used in the making of those pages.
  • I want to see spears with ability to impale.

• nagash said:
    A grimoire is a must have 

Bah ..thats a fake. No human skin was used in the making of those pages.
    Well I use human skin for my bed sheets dwarf beards for my pillows and elf ears for nothing I just hate there ears 
  • Maybe some sort of Katana or something lol. I personally want duel wielding swords or daggers. But I think that would be added anyway since it's pretty common to see in many other MMORPGs. :tongue:

• Weapons used in medieval times, aswell as light fantasy weapons that have some kind of logic to it (as a weapon).

Like Sickle for example, its a tool but was also a weapon in some cultures (not widely used but still).
    Same goes for Scythe (medieval tool) if it would fit some kind of role as a two handed weapon, probably similiar dmg to an axe but with little to no parry chances.

:) Some weps usually get forgotten in mmos, I like when we get even the uncommon medieval tools/weps to choose from.
  • I'm fairly certain we'll see One/Two-Handed Swords/Axes/Maces, Polearms/Scythes, Bows and Crossbows, Staves, and Daggers; but what about Flails?
  • I'm fairly certain we'll see One/Two-Handed Swords/Axes/Maces, Polearms/Scythes, Bows and Crossbows, Staves, and Daggers; but what about Flails?
    all the weapons you said will be in game apart from the flail saddly
  • Foxzer said:
    Weapons used in medieval times, aswell as light fantasy weapons that have some kind of logic to it (as a weapon).

Like Sickle for example, its a tool but was also a weapon in some cultures (not widely used but still).
    Same goes for Scythe (medieval tool) if it would fit some kind of role as a two handed weapon, probably similiar dmg to an axe but with little to no parry chances.

:) Some weps usually get forgotten in mmos, I like when we get even the uncommon medieval tools/weps to choose from.
    Well there was lots of peasants fighting so tools were used as weapons because of that. Scythe was used quite a bit, even it is not so good weapon actually. You just cant parry with it like you said and its getting worse to use if you are too close to your enemy. Still it was feared weapon, but because you could hit with it pass shields and parries from side and the hit could be brutal too. I would actually want devs remember these things when implementing scythe and that way make difference to other melee weapons.

Not all scythes look the traditional and there was these war scythes which were more modified to combat situations. Even the traditional looks much cooler though. 

• Polearms for sure. Slashing polearms especially. E.g. Naginata / Pudao.
  • nagash said:
    True, but it would've been nice to see a spiked ball and chain on a stick being used to bash some brains.
  • nagash said:
    True, but it would've been nice to see a spiked ball and chain on a stick being used to bash some brains.
    I agree I love great flails ^^
  • Ferryman said:
    I want to see spears with ability to impale.

Spear and shield for tank would be so cool, but don't forget my javelin to pull
  • Web said:
    Ferryman said:
    I want to see spears with ability to impale.

Spear and shield for tank would be so cool, but don't forget my javelin to pull

• @Web I agree, that some kind of harpoon skill (with pull) would be nice to have with spears. Maybe even make it skill shot so you have to actually aim before throw.

@nagash I think that shooting arrows at skeleton is even worse solution. ;) 
  • Ferryman said:

@nagash I think that shooting arrows at skeleton is even worse solution. ;) 
    blunt force is needed but holy spells work as well
  • I love staves and the fighting style that entails. Other that that I would like veriety in what you cuold have for a sword or dagger or whatever. Should you build a dagger with high dmg, armor pen, poison or one that gives you agility.
    I want many build options. Preferably also upgradable weapons with slots or upgrade through usage, but I don't have high hopes for those kinds of things.
    Upgadable though enchanting blacksmiths or something like that would be cool and give them more value and different build paths
  • I would love to see astrology tarot cards that flutter around as your casting spells. The closest comparison would be from ff14 the astrologer class.

Then there's the warlock class from BnS who uses talismans which i also love.

• Pinkberry said:
    I would love to see astrology tarot cards that flutter around as your casting spells. The closest comparison would be from ff14 the astrologer class.

Then there's the warlock class from BnS who uses talismans which i also love.

I would also love something like that

• Can we get some love for War Hammers ?  :)Image associe