Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

O M G. The Predator Class.

I'm going to speculate on the Class I am going to be playing. Because the name "Predator" just sticks to me like glue for some reason and it's the main reason I want to play this game.

So how I theory in my own head, how the Predator class will play out. I'm a Rogue right? I may DW Daggers or Swords or Maybe some Fist Weapons(if these are even in the game). But I take Ranger second to go right into my Predator Class. That to me makes me wonder, can I go DW/A Spear? and for example, my Dagger or Sword throw now changes to where I throw a Spear and now I can Impale someone to either slow them, or put a bleed on them?

Or now that I've gone the Predator route my "Stealth" is different now. Now it's a reflective Camo of my surroundings that just makes me blend into a Tree or Rock for Example. While I move you'd obviously have to be looking closely but you would be able to see my movement as a slight glimmer but I could basically Run at Full Sprint while using my "Stealth" ability, where a Normal Rogue does as you expect moves very slowly in the Shadows wanting to go unnoticed Completely.

How about Traps. A Rogue doesn't use traps to disable his foes. Now that I've gone Ranger Sub-Arch. My Predator Class allows me to place traps all over the place. 

Edited: I saw a podcast with Steven where he states, that there will be no changes from what the Primary abilities are. So how about if the Rogue has a smoke bomb, now its a projectile and if it hits an enemy or enemy player it stuns that target. If you use it on yourself, obviously it would throw you into "Stealth mode."

My Vision of how I'm hoping this Class plays out is yes, a page right out of my favorite movie character. I'm hoping to be this Elusive hunter who not only has the capabilities to battle up close and personal but lurks and hides and when the timing is exactly the way I want it, I can move in quickly, quietly and accurately. Where engaging at a distance is a tool I can use, but my biggest strength will always within Melee distance. Where my strongest attributes are my effective handling of blades(duel wielding) and a Spear(I'm hoping Spears or a Lance or something along those lines are in the game).

I know this is just me wanting a dream fantasy to come true. If it's not entirely like this and they have another vision for it, that's cool. But the class to end up being like this in a fantasy setting would just be great.

Again yes, I read the word Predator and The Predator from the movie popped in my head immediately.

Comments

• I picture playing predator to be like playing on release rengar. Kill someone every 45 seconds. Good times
  • I think some of those class names just give the wrong idea for people, hope you wont be dissapointed with the class :3
  • I have my dream. But we’ll have to see won’t we?
  • I think some of those class names just give the wrong idea for people, hope you wont be dissapointed with the class :3
    Yeah about half of those..

Soulbow

Siren

Spellstone

• Ferryman said:
    I think some of those class names just give the wrong idea for people, hope you wont be dissapointed with the class :3

Soulbow

Siren

Spellstone

Well that's how it is, when you think Siren then you would imagine a beautiful woman with an amazing voice, yet we get a tank and bard combo so it's a bit confusing.
  • Ferryman said:
    I think some of those class names just give the wrong idea for people, hope you wont be dissapointed with the class :3

Soulbow

Siren

Spellstone

Well that's how it is, when you think Siren then you would imagine a beautiful woman with an amazing voice, yet we get a tank and bard combo so it's a bit confusing.
    It gets less confusing when you think about what Siren's actually do. They use their voice to lure in their prey, then they strike! Tanks are supposed to get the attention of the enemy and Sirens excel at getting people's attention by using their voice...like a bard does.
  • Zastro said:
    It gets less confusing when you think about what Siren's actually do. They use their voice to lure in their prey, then they strike! Tanks are supposed to get the attention of the enemy and Sirens excel at getting people's attention by using their voice...like a bard does.
    Technically yes, but still it is more about imagination and feel. Original poster is good example. He is loved to class name predator. If we would change that to be line with some names.. lets call it: "shadow arrow". It looses lot of attractiveness.
  • @Eragale yeah I’ve seen that video. But it doesn’t address the other things I’d like to see. Instead of a quiver which obviously is for a bow. Can you into like a spear instead? 

i Like the look of the camo they have in the video. But you don’t get to see if he can all out sprint while under the camo. 

Also brings up questions. Can we climb certain trees and structures in the game?  

I get that the quiver bow is to give the predator a ranged capability. So like DW/Bow is the obvious. But Spears? is still what I want to know. When I think predator I think a guy that runs around with blades and ranged projectiles to hunt down. But he carries the ability to pin the target in place and that’s where a spear comes into place.
  • Ferryman said:
    Zastro said:
    Technically yes, but still it is more about imagination and feel. Original poster is good example. He is loved to class name predator. If we would change that to be line with some names.. lets call it: "shadow arrow". It looses lot of attractiveness.
    I am not sure what you mean. Does Siren not provoke your imagination?