Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

In game lore Presentation Ideas? Secondary Class Prospect?

So over the last year I have read almost every bit of lore that AoC has presented us. As we grow further and further into development I'm sure they will be tossing more lore out to us as well as putting it into the game (obviously idk why i stated that).

Anyways what I'm wondering is how would you guys like to see lore presented within the game? What are some of your cool ideas?

Here is Mine:
I Personally have been waiting for a MMORPG to do this to no avail, put in a Library loaded with books full of lore that we can read. But wait there's more! I've compiled a rough idea on how this would be something worth having within the game. 

This profession would be comprised for Helping us understand this new world while helping us discover where we came from, but by doing this these players will guide the destiny of this new world and forge our pathway through.

Historian/Cartographer: Secondary Profession
  • Track down ancient Texts, Scipts and Tomes throughout the world
  • Discover and explore hidden crypts and learn of previous old world leaders
  • Explore the land hitting hidden points within the world locations within the world to help with map building. All discovered location and extensive map building can only be seen by an individual servers.
Ultimate Goal:
       Ultimately as a Historian/Cartographer you want to find these "Hidden Libraries" and when you do finally make your way to one of these extremely hidden and well guarded libraries there you find the Holy Grail of lore. Shelves and Shelves of books, and these are books that you can remove from the shelve sit down and read in game within the Library. maybe an opportunity of advancement in technology for their People lies hidden behind instruction within a book.

Why I thought of This? 
       I've always wanted something cool that gives exploration and understanding of ones past meaning within game, know where you come from helps you get to where you're going and I would love to see something along these lines implemented into a game.

I would really love some ideas bounced off this and some constructive criticism on my idea, how to make it better. I haven't set foot within this new world but I love the fact that our idea are always appreciated by developers and like minded players, thank you for taking the time to read my idea.  <3  <3B);)

Comments

• Welcome to ashes. The search function will help with the same ideas from many months past and many thoughts in relation to them.
  • xschlemmx said:
    So over the last year I have read almost every bit of lore that AoC has presented us. As we grow further and further into development I'm sure they will be tossing more lore out to us as well as putting it into the game (obviously idk why i stated that).

Anyways what I'm wondering is how would you guys like to see lore presented within the game? What are some of your cool ideas?

Here is Mine:
    I Personally have been waiting for a MMORPG to do this to no avail, put in a Library loaded with books full of lore that we can read. But wait there's more! I've compiled a rough idea on how this would be something worth having within the game. 

This profession would be comprised for Helping us understand this new world while helping us discover where we came from, but by doing this these players will guide the destiny of this new world and forge our pathway through.

Historian/Cartographer: Secondary Profession
    • Track down ancient Texts, Scipts and Tomes throughout the world
    • Discover and explore hidden crypts and learn of previous old world leaders
    • Explore the land hitting hidden points within the world locations within the world to help with map building. All discovered location and extensive map building can only be seen by an individual servers.
    Ultimate Goal:
           Ultimately as a Historian/Cartographer you want to find these "Hidden Libraries" and when you do finally make your way to one of these extremely hidden and well guarded libraries there you find the Holy Grail of lore. Shelves and Shelves of books, and these are books that you can remove from the shelve sit down and read in game within the Library. maybe an opportunity of advancement in technology for their People lies hidden behind instruction within a book.

Why I thought of This? 
           I've always wanted something cool that gives exploration and understanding of ones past meaning within game, know where you come from helps you get to where you're going and I would love to see something along these lines implemented into a game.

I would really love some ideas bounced off this and some constructive criticism on my idea, how to make it better. I haven't set foot within this new world but I love the fact that our idea are always appreciated by developers and like minded players, thank you for taking the time to read my idea.  <3  <3B);)
    Did we just become friends ^^
  • nagash said:
    Did we just become friends ^^
    ahh seems like you like the idea :smile: looks like were new friends Woot!!!
    any ideas about it maybe diff outlook or criticisms?
  • I like the cartographer idea, I hope that we play without maps by default. A cartographer can create maps and you can add points of interest to your maps and sell them. You level up by creating maps and even finding these points of interest
  • Really loving the idea. Also like the person above said, i hope we start the game without maps and find them as we go along
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    What about different Crystals/Magic Stones: common/uncommon/rare/very rare/artifacts.

Maybe Explore lands to find them.... or trade them between players... or exchange them for other rare or superior components... idk... make it interesting.

Bring Crystals to a Mage/Magus to be combined into some abilities..or add them as weapon or spell special traits.

Maybe can do this for a fee/token or missions the Mage requires you to complete in order to level up your loyalty to the Mage or something.

Possibility to learn/study Crystals as you discover them/study and later as you level learn to create/unlock extra skills/weapon powers. Mix them to different results.

I would like to see more interaction and usage of lore objects to player advantage.

Again, make Lore interesting, engaging.  :)