Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

How have you coped?

It has been over a year since the Kickstarter began. Alpha stage 1 is still months away. 

How have you coped with the wait? What other games have you been playing? 

Most importantly though, how much longer can you wait?

Comments

• I've coped in many ways lets just say that "Steam" is your best friend especially going back to nostalgia playing things like Bit Heroes and trying to beat all the Hyperdimension neptunia series..  Aside from that been endeavoring in a for fun MBA application with smart.ly so id have a non accredited MBA But at least it could say i have the skills.  Outside this my beautiful significant other and I have been just living our lives.  I'm starting a new job soon and I'm trying to get life organized.  Hell to boot I am reading up on this game as developments arise and i am inspired to start a side business ... So a bit of everything...  

I can wait as long as it takes as this masterpiece will always take time to build what we will be calling home anyways. 
  • I kind of just forced myself to forget about ashes (until my hype got revamped recently). Last year I really got into just sitting on the couch playing single player console games. Recently, I have gotten into Fortnite (I know I am so unique) and despite all the hate the game gets, it is actually a super fun competitive game with great progression and a high skill ceiling. So that is how I have been coping. How much longer can I wait? Well I am in Alpha 2 and I am really hoping that ends up being December because 2019 sounds way to far away! I really just hope they can put out the game they want to and so obviously we all need to be patient.
  • I have a 6 months old kid, so he "distracts" me a lot. I will start playing Bless Online on Monday, have some fun there. I play Tekken 7 and I also host a D&D table at home and spend time developing the story and preparing the campaign.

With work in the middle of all that and family obligations, there is plenty to do, I don't even feel time passing.
  • I have an Iron Will, I am coping just fine. Thank you for asking.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018

1) Get on with real life.

2) ESO mainly

3) As long as it takes to get the job done right.

• Cynddelw said:
    It has been over a year since the Kickstarter began. Alpha stage 1 is still months away. 

How have you coped with the wait? What other games have you been playing? 

Most importantly though, how much longer can you wait?
    How have I coped? I don't have a choice lol just go about regular daily life..
  • Tea. lots and lots of tea
  • Well luckily real life has been busy lately, everything from getting a new job and moving flat soon too, so that will continue keeping me busy for a while.
    I also went back to Lineage 2 a while back due to nostalgia, only kept me for a little while though. Then I got sucked back into Aion as I always do,  that game has a worse addiction effect on me than any drug would XD

And then tea, like @nagash mentioned, that's a real life saver for us brits :joy:
  • Rather wait than get some half-finished, non-functional thing.
    edited May 2018
    Being a forum junkie;  looking at good videos/podcasts; playing EQ2, and D&D three times a week.  O, and real life.
  • coping perfectly fine, I have no issue waiting for this game to be properly developed. currently playing Vanilla Wow on private servers as well as ESO also my shooter games Fortnite and PUBG as well as a bunch of story driven games
  • As      nagash said:
    Tea. lots and lots of tea
         ....along with a little of this and a little of that and looking forward to much time spent in the mountains on a very isolated private lake this summer.  
  • I whip myself in front our lord and saviour for everytime i think about this game..... Now excuse me i must atone for my sins.....
  • Lol Life shouldnt be so poor as not to cope because a game is being developed!
    Us gamers are totally spoilt by the sheer number of awesome games out.
  • Flatline said:
    I whip myself in front our lord and saviour for everytime i think about this game..... Now excuse me i must atone for my sins.....
    We need to talk 
  • Mozsta69 said:
    Lol Life shouldnt be so poor as not to cope because a game is being developed!
    The gamers I know have lives and are still on a quest to find a good solid game.  There hasn't been an "awesome" game developed in years and our hopes are that Ashes will fit the bill.  
    1. Crying myself to sleep every night.
    2. Albion Online 
    3. Day or two.
  • Baking cookies....SO MANY COOKIES. cookies for friends, cookies for teachers, cookies for neighbors, cookies for kids, cookies for everyone!

Oh, and Steam library. I'm playing games I left half way.
  • Mozsta69 said:
    Lol Life shouldnt be so poor as not to cope because a game is being developed!
    The gamers I know have lives and are still on a quest to find a good solid game.  There hasn't been an "awesome" game developed in years and our hopes are that Ashes will fit the bill.  
    That quest shall never be quenched completely unless the gaming community actually decides to say "that'll do pig, that'll do" but until then we are blissfully optimistic and awaiting the day that we shall be delivered from the dark depths and thrown into the world to mold our own civilizations. You are right though Cylver, we all have lives sadly we are all seeking the same thing...  An escape from reality that we can truly sink our teeth into.   Ashes is unique and that's what draws the appeal but I really think for one to truly appreciate this we have to remember what we didn't have years ago.  What my question is now is a curious one but I will share that on a different thread. 
  • Going back to DCUO for a bit
  • I come from Star Citizen. I waited since 2013. I am master of waiting. Soon.
  • I come from Star Citizen. I waited since 2013. I am master of waiting. Soon.
     you have my respects sir 
  • I took up soap carving. Here's what I've been working on since Alpha 0 launch in December.

• @Karthos that's quite good I was expecting you to joke around but you did a good job on that ^^ 
  • OMG ^^ Intrepid Studios do something, people are carving turtles from soap already..
    edited May 2018
    VR Chat . For the lulz   :p
    And some swtor. But casually