Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Would you like to see a Hardcore AoC server?

To explain further a Hardcore server would have various minor differences that will make the game play completely differently than the original version. These differences could include anything such as; more frequent node defense quests, Bosses having quicker or different skills that are more randomized, certain dungeons not allowing use of consumable items, shortened time frames between declaration of a siege to the partaking of the siege, or even taking away the regeneration of health and mana over time (leaving only food, potions, and skills being the only way to regen them).
          I do feel this would change how the game is played drastically, I also believe it would be something worth investing time into creating if the game is successful and players reach end game and wish for something more challenging. This wouldn't be something they would launch along side the standard servers but would be an awesome addition down the road.
         Anyways, tell me what you think, as well as some things that would make an mmorpg title tougher but at the same time fun.

Comments

• no.
    all server are created equal and shuold be
  • Giving people different versions of the game would only divide the Community and you had to make different balancing patches and updates for each version, creating a lot more work.

How does that work, asking for a Hardcore version of the game, when you havn't even played the finished product?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    Every server has hardcore and easy areas, why do people not understand this yet. The game is a living world where people can pvp or pve at the own speed. if you want to do hardcore pvp join a caravan raid or a siege if you want to do high-level raid find a level 5 node and raid its not hard 
  • No but this is in regards to there being a universal experience for all players. No PvP or PvE or HardCore or RP centric servers. One experience to rule them all, One experience to find them: One experience to bring them all and in the darkness bind them =)
  • No but this is in regards to there being a universal experience for all players. No PvP or PvE or HardCore or RP centric servers. One experience to rule them all, One experience to find them: One experience to bring them all and in the darkness bind them =)
    I was so tempted to make a LOTR reference but you beat me to it ^^
  • nagash said:
    No but this is in regards to there being a universal experience for all players. No PvP or PvE or HardCore or RP centric servers. One experience to rule them all, One experience to find them: One experience to bring them all and in the darkness bind them =)
    Belle-bot.exe  we bow to you!
  • nagash said:
    No but this is in regards to there being a universal experience for all players. No PvP or PvE or HardCore or RP centric servers. One experience to rule them all, One experience to find them: One experience to bring them all and in the darkness bind them =)
    speak for your self ^^
  • Different servers mean different content and would ultimately lead to different developer priorities and someone getting jipped
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    speak for your self ^^
    Careful bone man!  Someone might step on those toothpicks,  errr toes of yours!
  • Hardcore servers where your character is wiped on death... lol jk
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    speak for your self ^^
    oh how you wound me @CylverRayne and here I thought we were friends  :*
  • Different servers mean different content and would ultimately lead to different developer priorities and someone getting jipped
    Small point. Every server will be different in that the choices of which nodes are developed where and when will determine what content access they get. Technically true that all servers will have an equal chance to experience all the content lurking in the background, but from the way they have described it working people on an EU server may never see Smiley the Wonder Pig world boss, while NA East unlocks him in the first few months due to various boxes being ticked off in the event triggers program.
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    speak for your self ^^
    If we weren't friends I wouldn't warn you!
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    speak for your self ^^
    If we weren't friends I wouldn't warn you!
    That's a fair point 
  • Eh no this would feel like a single player game difficulty setting...plain weird for me at least :pensive:
    edited June 2018
    All servers should be hardcore by default imo - it'll be too easy & boring if its not harcore (imo) 
  • Opposed:  If there are going to be multiple servers, why not a survival one and a role play one, hell, even a sandbox server!
  • Like late at night when everyone else is asleep? Maybe. ;)
  • sunfrog said:
    Like late at night when everyone else is asleep? Maybe. ;)
    never knew you were into that sort of stuff I mean I can help hook you up with tickets to see the skeleton boxing 
  • Personally I wouldn't be interested in this, keep servers the same and try to avoid dividing players as much as possible imo.
  • No hardcore servers, no carebear servers.

I would be open to the idea of a server dressed in fancy clothes and sandals though. Do you think that could be arranged with the hosting provider?
    edited June 2018
    I would be open to the idea of a server dressed in fancy clothes and sandals though. 
    Attending the  " The Sandals Banquet " ?   :smile:
    Only the finest sandals across all the lands are permitted entry ; approval by none other than Mr. Sharif's ?
  • No hardcore servers, no carebear servers.

I would be open to the idea of a server dressed in fancy clothes and sandals though. Do you think that could be arranged with the hosting provider?
    bad idea, clothes may block the airflow and overheat the server, however a little bling would work.
  • A hardcore server seems a little pointless in a game with no real end-game per say. AoC is not supposed to be liniar like that, so you can always create your own "hardcore end-game"
  • Dekina said:
    A hardcore server seems a little pointless in a game with no real end-game per say. AoC is not supposed to be liniar like that, so you can always create your own "hardcore end-game"
    and the latter as well ( PvE )
  • Like someone else already stated , only if by Hardcore you mean perma death, now that would be a adrenalin rush !